Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
Now your just being childish.
I was kidding......
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
I live on a main road.....where would you warm it up?

You're driving a $20'000 car. Warm it up as you drive. You're not Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. And yeah the car is probably legal and you are probably within your rights and your neighbours are probably whiney old hags etc etc At the end of the day they're not happy with the noise, so the sensible and mature thing to do would be to do something about it not create some neighbour from hell scenario. Living in the burbs it's all about compromise, so be a big man and keep it down!

Last edited by perthzed; 05-12-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
I live on a main road.....where would you warm it up?
If you dropped the warmup time to 1 minute, then drove nicely for 5 it would be fine.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Sounds like a few people in Perth need more starch in their petticoats to me.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
At the end of the day they're not happy with the noise, so the sensible and mature thing to do would be to do something about it not create some neighbour from hell scenario.
To be honest, the neighbours started with the threats and whatnot, so there's nothing wrong with his response.

Obviously you'd be slightly aware of the situation from now on and do everything you can to create less disturbance, but they weren't too sensible about it, so he has a right to say/do what he wants imo.

General (educated) conversation goes a whole lot further than threats.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper
To be honest, the neighbours started with the threats and whatnot, so there's nothing wrong with his response.

Obviously you'd be slightly aware of the situation from now on and do everything you can to create less disturbance, but they weren't too sensible about it, so he has a right to say/do what he wants imo.

Yeah I see your point. if a neighbour has an issue with you and they approach you in an aggressive manner it's going to get most peoples backs up.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
He is, but its annoying someone, and its completely unnecessary, so why not just stop doing it? Warm it up while driving, simple.
Because there is a difference in deliberately annoying people, and people who get annoyed by stupid shit or for the sake of complaining, and i suspect his neighbours fall in the latter category. If he feels it is necessary to warm his car up before he drives it anywhere, then he can. You like to warm your car up on the road. You can. You warming your car up as you drive down the road could be heard by everyone down the street. So what do you do then, push your car till you get to the freeway, and then start it up?

I can see your point, but where to you draw the line at compromising for what annoys people?

Like i said before, a lot of people will complain, because they can. And i dont like to generalise, but older people more so. For example, behind our warehouse where we park, it is about a car and a half length between our back door and parked cars. One of our cars was parked alongside the door as we were loading a machine into it. It happens everynow and then, but in any case there is still enough room for the delivery trucks that come and go.

While we were loading the machine, a car came up and slowly drove past (mind you, the general public shouldnt be around here) and as they got past the car, the old lady in the passenger seat found it necessary to wind her window down and call us idiots for parking in the way, when we were clearly loading a machine.

Obviously that annoyed her. Is that to say that we shouldnt move our car close to the door anymore to load machines?

I havent heard legacyRS's car, it may sound like a jet engine for all i know, but unless it does, i dont think he is the one that has to compromise, especially when it seems to be only one neighbour who is complaining, and could probably easily fix the problem by closing their door.

Last edited by Alternate; 05-12-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

i imagine it would be a totally different scenario if said neighbour had popped around to legacy's place for a friendly chat about his greivances regarding the noise from the car, but to write a letter with such angst how could it not put his back up
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

I once had an old lady come up to me at the petrol station and tell me off for "leaving my car at the pump while other people are waiting a long time for petrol"

my response was "what the fuck do you expect me to do, drive off without paying?"

some people complain because they have nothing better to do
Old 05-12-2008, 10:19 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate
Because there is a difference in deliberately annoying people, and people who get annoyed by stupid shit or for the sake of complaining, and i suspect his neighbours fall in the latter category. If he feels it is necessary to warm his car up before he drives it anywhere, then he can. You like to warm your car up on the road. You can. You warming your car up as you drive down the road could be heard by everyone down the street. So what do you do then, push your car till you get to the freeway, and then start it up?

I can see your point, but where to you draw the line at compromising for what annoys people?

Like i said before, a lot of people will complain, because they can. And i dont like to generalise, but older people more so. For example, behind our warehouse where we park, it is about a car and a half length between our back door and parked cars. One of our cars was parked alongside the door as we were loading a machine into it. It happens everynow and then, but in any case there is still enough room for the delivery trucks that come and go.

While we were loading the machine, a car came up and slowly drove past (mind you, the general public shouldnt be around here) and as they got past the car, the old lady in the passenger seat found it necessary to wind her window down and call us idiots for parking in the way, when we were clearly loading a machine.

Obviously that annoyed her. Is that to say that we shouldnt move our car close to the door anymore to load machines?

I havent heard legacyRS's car, it may sound like a jet engine for all i know, but unless it does, i dont think he is the one that has to compromise, especially when it seems to be only one neighbour who is complaining, and could probably easily fix the problem by closing their door.
Yes u do get neighbours complaining about really anal stuff. But a loud exhaust (legal or not) idling for 5 minutes when you're trying to sleep or have just woken up isn't acceptable. Especially when it's completely unnecessary. Some people have kids and sleep becomes a very precious commodity.

My mate has a Harley, he always free-wheels it down the road then starts it. He doesn't need to do that, he is perfectly within his rights to start it in his own driveway. But he is aware that some people may be trying to sleep.

Tags
people, rant