Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Good work!

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen
Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Philbo

I had a similar thing with my neighbours about me supposedly speeding though, now for those of you that do not know i live in a very twisty neighbourhood with mostly culdersacs at each end.

Now heres where it gets me, Ive supposedly been hooning around the neighbourhood, funny because the claim was that down into my crt i hit 70kmph in the space of >40m now we all know thats bullshit.

But the neighbours swore to my folks that it was the truth, I own two cats that have free roam untill 4pm now if i came hooning down that road at that speed and hit one of my cats, I would be simply distraught let alone living right next to a park and having three famiys also living in the street with kids all below the age of 10 some learning how to ride there bikes in the culdersac theres no way im going to be hooning down the street.

So anyway. I said to the family listen its impossible for me to be able to do that. Anyway there son who comes home at all hours on fri or sat night in his V8 monaro with his music thumping as loud as his stereo will go, We NEVER whinge about him not to mention the ammount of times his fulla sick mates have come down the road and some even dropping the rubber behind them we haven't done shite ! Anyway thats all over now somehow there sons car was left outside one night and a tire suddenly got let down over several nights hence they got the message !

Bah Neighbours we all have bad ones sometime in existence.

Sorry for the long rant had to get it off my chest and this seemed the best place!!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by werticusness
buy a lancer and put a zorst on that and see how they like it! :P fuck they sound terrible :P
Get a cheap, unlicensed VL, throw some extrators on and run it with no exhaust. Mmmm mmmm valve bounce all the way to the shops.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:51 PM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
I'd gladly drop back a letter in their mailbox stating crap along the lines of: my car is NOT the problem in this given situation. It satisfies ALL requirements and regulations as required by the government/depertment of transport for which you voted for. As far as im concerned perhaps it is you that has the problem and are a light sleeper, i'd recommend seeing a doctor in this case as i don't think it is normal that a 4 cylinder car could easily wake up soo many people in my neighbourhood yet YOU are the only person to complain.

This letter is of course an exageration as was your original letter and THREAT for which you had written, much like leaving a car to idle for 15 minutes which is a joke/lie at the very least.

Blah Blah.. a somewhat educated letter that twists it back on them.. is always a winner!

i like.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 PM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
This is the reply I've dropped in their letter box:

Dear Resident,

Please be advised that my vehicle complies to all current ADR's, specifically exhaust noise which has an upper limit of 90dba @ 6 feet.

My vehicle registers 87dba which, as you'll agree, is well within the legal requirements.

"Running for 15 minutes" --> I'm sorry, please try to get your facts straight. It's actually for 5 minutes in the morning, at aproximately 7:25- 7:30am (or possbily 7:20-7:25 if I'm running early) when I depart for WORK.

I'll also add; that as 99.5% of the population are also beginning their working day at this time I cannot, for the life of me, see any issue with a car being warmed up for a 5 minute period.

"Hearing you come and go at all hours"--> Have you nothing to do but track peoples every move?

Sorry, but until we live in a POLICE STATE and under CURFEW, I am free to come and go from my own property as / when I see fit.

Idle down time is always a maximum of 30 seconds at night time and ZERO after midnight.

Perhaps you would prefer me to host parties and play bassy dance music loud EVERY Friday and Saturday evening until 10pm (as permitted by LAW).

I see part of the solution in you closing your houses rear glass sliding door that, for some strange reason, you leave open 24/7.

You chose to build your house right up against the rear most boundry of your property and choose to leave that door open.......Yet noise from my property is an 'intrusion', please get some form of a grip on reality....

Oh, and next time that white corolla is parked on my verge, I'll have it clamped.

Here's my name and mobile number, if you wish to discuss this issue any further.

Sincerly,
Ross
its good that you knew which letter box to drop a reply to, some people would leave a letter without the guts to tell people that it was them who wrote the letter.

good letter there, i like.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
Yes.......Spun main bearings

o.k (apparently) if you stay below 2500 rpm.

Still I'd never do it.....I always warmed up and cooled down my first RS Turbo lib and she's still getting around on the original engine after 340,000 km! 120,000 that I added were driven hard regularly.......

Water temp comes up in about 5 minutes but oil temp doesn't for about 10, it's the oil (engine core) temp that's important not the water temp....
Come on mate, thats getting a bit carried away. If its going to annoy your neighbours a bit less, don't sit there idling. There is absolutely no need for it, its not a race car. Agree with the rest of your points however.

Last edited by Bakks; 05-12-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
Come on mate, thats getting a bit carried away. If its going to annoy your neighbours a bit less, don't sit there idling. There is absolutely no need for it, its not a race car. Agree with the rest of your points however.
Re-read what I wrote...
I warm my car up for 5 mins before I leave, no boost for another 5 once I leave.... Not 10 mins sitting there warming up LOL!!!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 05-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Why not just have some consideration and turn the fucking thing off when you get home, & warm it up whilst you're driving to work, car warms up better under light load anyhow, & if you think 5 min isn't very long imagine sitting next to the same stinking abbo with screaming brats on a bus for 5 min EVERY day on your way to work....... you may just realize what a noisy pain in the arse your car may seem to them as it echoes around your back yard.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Like your reply mate, good stuff!

Too bad too sad i say, you can do what you like with your
car on your property as long as its within the law!

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 05-12-2008, 02:20 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza
Why not just have some consideration and turn the fucking thing off when you get home, & warm it up whilst you're driving to work, car warms up better under light load anyhow, & if you think 5 min isn't very long imagine sitting next to the same stinking abbo with screaming brats on a bus for 5 min EVERY day on your way to work....... you may just realize what a noisy pain in the arse your car may seem to them as it echoes around your back yard.
Hang on a second.......... 30 seconds idle down is: roll in driveway (25 metres long): grab phone, roll windows up, switch off.
Not pull in driveway, fuck about, then leave it running after I lock it........

Neighbor's windows are a good 20 metres away from the car, behind a wooden fence, that's behind 2 metre wide strip of peppermint trees which line 3 sides of my property (and their side).

The open carport (that I don't use out of consideration) is 1 metre away from said fence in the rear corner of the property......

Hmmm.......They never complained about me flushing 140 hp of unmuffled two stoke outboard love every sunday afternoon for the past 18 months either......Louder and raspier than any scoob...
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 05-12-2008 at 02:34 AM.

Tags
people, rant