Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Mate there's obviously a problem with the noise, so do something about it. One day you'll live next door to someone with screaming kids, barking dogs, parties till 4am and you'll maybe appreciate where they're coming from. "Neighbor's windows are a good 20 metres away from the car" - not sure if you're being facietious or not with that statement, but you and I both know that a car with a noisy exhaust can be heard miles away, so obviously a distance of 20m and a fence isn't going to do too much. And not being able to see something wrong with warming your car up for 5 mins in the morning is a bit ignorant and selfish. Some people are still sleeping, some have just woken up and the last thing they want to listen to is a noisy exhaust before they trudge off to work. They probably just want a nice, easy, trouble-free life. Make it easy on them and warm up your car elsewhere. It's no big deal.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

I live on a main road.....where would you warm it up?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Buy a X-force Varex muffler. When in your 'hood, shut off all the noise (since you are obviously not fanging it near your house too).

I did this, as I felt embarrased firing up my car at 5am every day.

Whilst it is all legal to have a noiser car, no one likes it, so I have found that if you respect your neighbours, they will respect you.

P.S. If you warmed your car up for 5 mins every morning, I would expect complaints. That's just silly.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 AM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Id have a go at you if you were doing something drastically wrong, but going by that letter it sounds like you live next to bunch of whiney bitches.

Car is legal sound limit, and it sounds like your not going out of your way to make extra noise. 5 minute warm up seems a bit extreme but im not going to judge.

Tell em to eat a bag of dicks. Some people have nothing better to do then whinge. Got any reason to go to work earlier, like 6am? That'll fuck em proper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

I think the response is golden!, the argument for warming up while driving and idling has never been proven for certain either way so it is up to the owner to decide. considering he is well with legal limits, (remember - 3 db is perceived as a doubling of loudness) the neighbours can deal with it! maybe close the door.. especially given the very reasonable hours he leaves.

My housemate used to ride his motorbike to work everyday. he sat right outside my window which was always open, and warmed it up for 5 minutes every morning at 5am. - not once did that ever annoy me, barely ever woke me up, and if it did, it was usually because i needed to piss anyway.

by the sounds of it- legacy is trying to be reasonable, and still gets complaints. I would tell them where to go too. especially if its some old hag that has nothing better to do than have a whinge.

Had a similar complaint a while back about my music being too loud at night - I ALWAYS turn my stereo down to whisper quite before i hit my 20m long driveway (driving past 3 other houses before i reach mine) , and always with windows up. the only time it was ever what some people might call loud - what I would call normal listening volumes - i.e can still hear the passengers talk - was during the middle of the day, whilst i was setting all my crossovers and playing around with my tuning.

I politly told them - I work a lot of nightshift and have never complained about your constant renovations, I think you can be reasonable too?

Last edited by meatbag; 05-12-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

I think LegacyRS is well within his rights to warm his car up for a few minutes every morning. Mine is warmed up in my garage (which is a part of the house) every morning and from inside the house its not that noticeable. In fact ive managed to sleep over the noise of it taking off down the street, and my window faces the road.

Sure it can be heard, but its nothing that i would pull my hair out over and write a letter and threaten police action.

Fact is I bet there are plenty of things around creating a lot of noise, and ill think youll find that a lot of people complain for the sake of complaining if they have someone to complain to.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate
I think LegacyRS is well within his rights to warm his car up for a few minutes every morning.
He is, but its annoying someone, and its completely unnecessary, so why not just stop doing it? Warm it up while driving, simple.

Last edited by Bakks; 05-12-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Bakks: your angel eye Bmw avatar annoys me, can you change it please.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

Now your just being childish.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 AM