Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
All im saying blues is that on the water quality issue you could very well be wrong.. i live 4 mins from NVRENUF and only about 800m away. So he probably gets the clear good water I get.

I havent priced up a super oil rig bore like mine cause the builders who built my house put it in in 1982.
I live 3km the other way, right behind Princeton...our bore water is spankin clean and always has been.
Old 23-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Hey Balsac ... guess who your new neighbour is. my new block of land is 300m from your place lol. So you can bring the mower round to earn some extra cash on weekends.
Old 23-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
I live 3km the other way, right behind Princeton...our bore water is spankin clean and always has been.
My mates Dad lives in Dunholme - his water quality WAS good, but now is rooted - plus his vegi patch doesn't produce the goods it use to
Old 23-11-2005, 11:10 PM
STI Master

Ethos at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Ethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
All im saying blues is that on the water quality issue you could very well be wrong.. i live 4 mins from NVRENUF and only about 800m away. So he probably gets the clear good water I get.

I havent priced up a super oil rig bore like mine cause the builders who built my house put it in in 1982.
the reason why you are getting clear water as you said before your bore is 60 m deep...the maximum groundwater level in perth metro areas is about 1-2m from the surface and your typical bore water system goes down to 20m at the most...this is set up to take water from the upper aquifer and is usually perched water...hence acid sufate usually effects the upper most of the aquifer...since your bore is 60m deep its probably taking water from a deeper and uneffected source of groundwater...

so what does this all mean...that just because you are getting clean bore water don't mean your neighbours will...its all in the way your bore is set up
Old 23-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I like to run my sprinklers at the drop of the hat... especially when I see pedestrians approaching.... sometimes I sit by the window and flick the pump on .. on average takes 40 seconds to go... so i have to time it juuuuustttt right. Fills up a sat morning with good times.
Old 24-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos
the reason why you are getting clear water as you said before your bore is 60 m deep...the maximum groundwater level in perth metro areas is about 1-2m from the surface and your typical bore water system goes down to 20m at the most...this is set up to take water from the upper aquifer and is usually perched water...
Ah actually, the depth of your bore is dependant to your height above the water table..

not all suburbs are the same, my parents place in floreat is only about 10 meters above it, but you still go a good 20 down to get better water, our old place in scarborough was some 200ft to water, and my grandmothers old house in mt lawley was a good 50 meter well with a further 5-10 meter spike on the pump to bring it up...

as for the contamination, if you go a bit deeper, you generally avoid it..

as for sinking one, get everyone round and throw on some beer, we'll dig it for ya.

might get a bit wonky in the direction it takes as the beer goes down tho..

however, easiest way is to just sink a decent sized conduit/casing with a drill rig, and use a submersible pump, theres a flash arse german brand, the name escapes me atm , think its Grunfus or something?, but its a comon brand, very good quality, and always reliable, one at our place in floreat has been in the ground for probably a good 20 years now, we pulled it up when we moved in 12 yrs ago to check it out, gave it a visual once over, then stuffed it back down there, haven't seen it since..
Old 24-11-2005, 01:42 AM
d_generate

I had great water in Forestfield....7 bore liners down 8 meter bore hole at the bottom, no use going any deeper as a regular pump will only lift one atmosphere "bout 23 feet" all dug by a one armed man [honest] Worked fantastic for the first ten years I was there, then the frigging water table dropped, so make sure you go for a submersible -quicker, cheaper, easier and a lot more reliable.
Old 24-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

My Mum lives in balcatta as well Few blocks From me. she has clean water hasnt left marks at all she has a Submersable (spelling) Bore god knows how deep but when they fixed it the other day and pulled the pipe out it was long.
and the sumbersable bore dont have those big ugly tin lids on your yard .

I rang huges & hoyle they said they would have to send a contracter out to see how deep to water i am. other places can look on there cpmputers but none have called back yet. So sitll waiting..

but they said depending on water depth 2500 to 4grand
2 grand ok.. but 3 to 4 grand id rather just water on 2 days a week haha.
Old 24-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

http://www.hugall.com.au/bores.htm
Sounds ok but when u ring them he said starts from $2500
but could be 4gs depends how deep to water i am i guess im on a hill
dont know how it works and if that makes any difference or not

Anyone Got a core driller lying around at home. haha..
Old 24-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
My mates Dad lives in Dunholme - his water quality WAS good, but now is rooted - plus his vegi patch doesn't produce the goods it use to
My nonno is on Hamilton St, and his vegies are as good as they always were!

Simon: Mow your own lawn, I'll just laugh at you over my back fence

Tags
bore, installing