Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

I dont have any debts but had absolutely no problem at all getting a loan. They practically threw money at me to be honest and were trying to get me to borrow more then I wanted. No parent garentours or anything.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Hyped at standard level

I've got a block in Bletchley Park (Southern River) and just about to sign up this week to build my second home - this time a Dale Alcock display with lots of extras - should be good fun...although no 21k for me - I got a whopping $7k when I built the first time - 18 months ago

My back has only just recovered from digging the last lot of soakwells haha
Old 29-05-2009, 10:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

lol Soakwells... I'm building out at Byford in the new LWP estate. Has a nice storm water system which = no soakwell digging for me!!! =)

I had a few issues getting a loan, that said i'm about the most difficult person to give a loan to atm. Self employed for only 6 months, minimal deposit and nothing to use as collateral. Finally managed to get the olds to lend me some $$$ + what i had saved and was able to get a low doc loan...
Old 30-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Sir AntiLag

[JAZZIE] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [JAZZIE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped
I've got a block in Bletchley Park (Southern River) and just about to sign up this week to build my second home - this time a Dale Alcock display with lots of extras - should be good fun...although no 21k for me - I got a whopping $7k when I built the first time - 18 months ago

My back has only just recovered from digging the last lot of soakwells haha
I've built in Southern River Private Estate on a 495sqm corner block, i got my builder to do my soakwells no way i could lift 4 x 1.5 wells haahha. my slab went down 2 days before xmas and i get my keys in 2-3 weeks.

I have built thru WA Housing Center (ie. BGC)
I chose one of their base designs and modded it to how i wanted it exactly, bigger rooms, extended theatre room and removed extra windows from it. knocked out a bedroom and extended the garage so now i have a 3 and a half car garage. extended my ensuite so that i could have a double shower head.

i have had no dramas what so ever and Ron my site supervisor is absolutely awesome. he has left my flooring (carpets and tiles) till last so that the electrical tradies arent running their dirty feet in the carpet nor dropping their tools on the tiles which i was quite impressed he suggested that..

I didnt get the 21k grant.. missed out by 2 days (dont really care tho my savings more than covered what that would have anyways as you dont get to see the FHOG as its all chewed up by fees and what not, only time they send u a cheque with the money is if you pay for all your fees yourself which most people just put them into their loan.)

I went thru keystart as my bank and just the same as the building process i have had no hiccups what so ever.

Megs_WRX, how are you going to use the 21k to pay for your car? they dont just send you a cheque, it goes straight onto your bank loan, to stop people from using it for other things besides the house(atleast this is what majority of banks are doing).

i wish everyone the best of luck with building their houses. It has been an exciting adventure for me.
Old 30-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

congrats Jazzie very exciting..

changes are what gets your bill up. Specially all the important stuff that has to be done like Better kitchen bench tops, vinal wrap doors, Under bench Sinks, Glass splash backs.
But worth doing the extra.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Prestart over, block settled yesterday, in the que to have to slab down. Hopefully onsite soon. Can't wait till the slab goes down, the paperwork stage has taken ages and it will be nice to be able to see the house actually start moving.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JAZZIE]
Megs_WRX, how are you going to use the 21k to pay for your car? they dont just send you a cheque, it goes straight onto your bank loan, to stop people from using it for other things besides the house(atleast this is what majority of banks are doing).
We recently bought an existing house, and went through keystart as well. After the deposit and all the fees were taken out, we had the option of having the remaining 5k of the 14k FHOG either put straight into the loan or into our bank account.

We opted for the bank account, and but before i could spend it, the other half dumped it all in the wedding fund
Old 03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JAZZIE]

i wish everyone the best of luck with building their houses. It has been an exciting adventure for me.

incorrect, you can do whatever you want with the 21k. However i put mine towards the total cost of the house so i had to borrow 21k less, the less you borrow the better off you are! A 21K less loan is a good help.

Last edited by Adr3naL1N; 03-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 31-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Just seeing how everyone is going with their houses? You would have moved in by now Jazzie, yeah?

I went to prestart end of June, settled back in July, paid my first repayment middle of august and my slab went down last week, finally the ball has started rolling! So i should get the FHOG very soon too!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 31-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wild_rx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to wild_rx

I have just signed my plans and block today

Do my prestart meeting in about 3 weeks!!

Tags
builders, home