Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

yep and if you hold them off to long when they belive its basically ready for handover, they will charge you interest.
Old 20-05-2009, 09:47 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
Yes, basically true, but not quite that black & white...there is the term "practical completion" which most builders use in their contracts...this term may be open to a degree of "interpretation".
I'm just going on what I experienced and all 3 builders fixed everything I moaned about. Even small things such as loose toilet roll holders. I've built with:

blueprint
red ink
multiplex
home buyers

All are fine, as long as you know what's going. You will hear people moan about most building companies, but most are fine. You will get better service and less problems with the better builders, but you pay through the nose.
Old 20-05-2009, 09:51 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
yep and if you hold them off to long when they belive its basically ready for handover, they will charge you interest.
Maybe, but you're not trying to cheat them out of any money. You want stuff fixed. If there is no toilet seat, then they need to put one in and until they do so they know they can't expect final payment. They installed a conduit in the home theatre so TV could go on the wall, but it was too narrow for the cables, so they bought our $250 wall bracket off us, which I thought was pretty good. They could have been coonts about it.
Old 20-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Flat Four Father

of course yeah thats it
Old 20-05-2009, 10:03 AM
STI Master

The first house I built, they had the door handle for the garage to back garden door on the wrong way, i.e button on the outside/keyhole on inside. I nagged and phoned them about it, but after 2 weeks they hadn't sent someone round, so I just did it myself one morning. Came home from work and my wife was saying "I thought you swapped the door handle over?" puzzled I went and had a look. Lo and behold the door handle had magically swapped back to being the wrong way! Some spanner had obviously been out that day with instuctions to swap the door handle around.
Old 20-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Flat Four Father

hahahahaha Thats pretty funny. What a cock head to put it on backwards not realizing it was swapped.

I had simular thing in where one of the doors that goes out to my upstair balcony wouldnt open the locking mech was just catching on the frame regardless of how hard you open the handle rang rang rang fuck it fix it my self. day later they ring up to fix it.. Never mind done it my self. lol was a bitch of a job though had to pull the whole locking mech out and take off a washer to give me that 1mm i needed lol
Old 20-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

07_GT_STI_#69 at standard level

@ NVRENUF

wht is a rough idea of price per sqm of the exposed aggregate?
Old 20-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
Yes, basically true, but not quite that black & white...there is the term "practical completion" which most builders use in their contracts...this term may be open to a degree of "interpretation".
Contractually practical completion means that it 'is fit for its intended purpose".

I.e. if a window is missing in the bedroom or a toilet seat is missing then they dont get pc but if there are a few chips in the wall then that wont stop you living there and enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_GT_STI_#69
@ NVRENUF

wht is a rough idea of price per sqm of the exposed aggregate?
You will need to budget about $100 / sqm.

Cheers

Brendon
Old 20-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Flat Four Father

yeah mate budget about $100 sqm.
Just ring around and get quotes and make sure they do the entire process for you if thats what you want.

As there is reveal stage, Acid clean and then Sealing it after. and cutting the expansion lines in.
Old 20-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Flat Four Father

they class you being able to live there if there is running water and Power is switched on. then small problems they can fix while you live there is what they said to me. just out of interest when i asked them

Tags
builders, home