Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup View Post
The day your rego expires, your insurance doesn't cover you until you renew it so don't crash. From the day of expiry, you get a 15 day grace period in which to sort your shit out, after that, summons coming your way.
Yep Been done for this. Rego was 19 days overdue, got pulled over for a 'random exhaust inspection' but ended up with a summons for not being registered.

My fault entirely and in hindsight had I been in a crash I would have been f*cked.

Anyway, car had to be left where it was, I had to either tow it or taxi home and pay the rego online.

I ended up with a summons, a 20 second court appearance and a $200 fine plus $26.00 court costs. My rego hasn't expired since.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

D/l validity check:

You can check the validity of your licence online at this link:

http://www.courts.dotag.wa.gov.au/_a...es/search.aspx
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Lets say I have a C and I am driving a vehicle greater than 4.5Tonne (MR Reqd) Will the vehicle get seized or will I be driving out of class and receive a fine?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 AM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
Lets say I have a C and I am driving a vehicle greater than 4.5Tonne (MR Reqd) Will the vehicle get seized or will I be driving out of class and receive a fine?
You get an infringement or a summons for out of class, depends what kinda day the copper is having. No it wont be seized.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:17 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

bdazzld at standard level

There are a few people condoning this new law and its beyond me why...

This, as previously mentioned, is a complete deprivation of our liberty.

Now i'm not talking about MDL or pissy, they are pretty clear cut, but reckless driving is at the discretion of the issuing officer at the scene. So your car is being impounded well and truly before a court has heard your case and judgment is made.

This is bullshit and the minute someone gets done unfairly i'm sure a few of you will change your tune.

In the last 4 years, we have seen the implementation of too many new laws that are removing our liberties and rights and i've seen too many people welcoming them with open arms simply because they are all trying to stay within the law and stave of the 'hoon' stigma.

Peace

13.097 ET stock MY02STi.... first time @ drag

"Whatever it costs you to fix that car, is pretty cheap therapy", Dr. Phill
Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdazzld View Post

Now i'm not talking about MDL or pissy, they are pretty clear cut, but reckless driving is at the discretion of the issuing officer at the scene. So your car is being impounded well and truly before a court has heard your case and judgment is made.

This is bullshit and the minute someone gets done unfairly i'm sure a few of you will change your tune.

In the last 4 years, we have seen the implementation of too many new laws that are removing our liberties and rights and i've seen too many people welcoming them with open arms simply because they are all trying to stay within the law and stave of the 'hoon' stigma.

Peace
So what would you class as reckless then?? Do tell.

And if you are found not guilty in the court for what ever reason, you dont have a conviction, you are given court costs which includes all the towage fees and your day is peachy. End of the day, don't drive like a dick and you keep your car.

But do tell what you class as reckless.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Its similar to being arrested for something like murder and being thrown in jail to await a trial 6 months later. Doesn't matter if you get found not guilty, you still spend the 6 months in jail!

Yes albeit that murder is slightly more serious.

While i do agree with what everyone is saying about a quantifiable cause. Reckless is going to vary cop to cop. Speeding is in the same boat, if the cop is having a good day, your remorseful and polite you might just get off with a caution.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Everyone who I have heard having their car impounded has been doing something stupid, and been caught accordingly.

The old if you play, prepare to pay.

What I completely disagree with is the impounding of critical / communal work vehicles (espescially for small business) and the impounding of vehicles that aren't your own. This should still be at the discretion of the police/judge something.

There are too many variables open there. i.e. disgruntled employee can get a work vehicle impounded causing great loss to a small business. An employee of the workshop you dropped your car off gets caught driving under suspension etc. Why in these instances should an innocent person be "prosecuted"

I still think there should just be a big fine / 28 days community service for these offenders rather than impounding a vehicle. Would make the driver the one getting punished, not the owner.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Lets all stand back and get some perspective on this....

Quote:
A law -- known as Jess' Law -- was later passed in Parliament so that anyone with a blood alcohol reading above 0.15 per cent who was involved in a fatal crash would automatically be charged with dangerous driving causing death.

Walsh-McDonald was found driving by Perth media on April 20 this year and was questioned by police, when he told them: "Sometimes I have to drive to work".

The police prosecutor said: "His driving record is appalling and he is skating on thin ice. There needs to be some protection to the community."
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...7-2761,00.html

The new laws are designed to protect everyone from fuckers like the above. Unlicensed. Disqualified drivers. Serial repeat offenders.

From another thread:
Quote:
And from July 1, police will be able to immediately seize the vehicles of unlicensed and suspended drivers and those contravening extraordinary licences for 28 days.

The new rules will also extend to drivers' whose licences have been revoked for medical reasons, alcohol addiction or bad driving records, but not fine suspensions.
I saw it mentioned that 17% of fatal road crashes in WA last year involved Unlicensed or disqualified drivers. The sooner their cars are confiscated and these bottom pond scum are taken off the road the better.

J
Old 02-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:

Quote:
"Hoon Legislation

In 2004 the Government amended the Road Traffic Act to address concerns over organised street drag racing and reckless driving. The Road Traffic Amendment (Impounding and Confiscation of Vehicles) Act 2004, commonly known as “the Hoon Legislation”, empowers police to impound vehicles that are driven:

-recklessly or dangerously with accompanying circumstances such as doing a burnout or racing another vehicle; or

-at a speed equal to or greater than 45km/h over the posted speed limit.
"
As far I can remember their has only been one member here charged under this hoon legislation for doing 167Kmph in an 80 zone. Wrong place for a squirt and definately the wrong time.

Quote:
Just remember - correct time and correct place. If your going to be a dick and go all Fast & Furious from the lights fishtailing whilst crossing 3 lanes of traffic with no indicator, then yes you deserve to be taken off the road.

Its all about NOT attracting attention these days.
Neons, chromies, loud doof and the lowest loudest exhaust you can get and your asking for trouble.

But then thats not what a young 20 something WRX/STI driver is all about hey. It spoils the image.

Tags
law, traffic, weeks