Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Did you have a noisey 4 legged friend??
I have a mutt. 37 57.81%
I don't have a mutt. 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Mag light.. 6 cell or bigger its to see in the dark

Be carful having a weapon next to your bed and not having active alarm or dog to alert you. you could wake up and see them standing above you with it.
Old 22-07-2009, 02:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

Long weapons (baseball bats, cricket bats, golf clubs) are no good in the home. Chances are you will swing it and get it stuck in a doorway or wedged on something else that will stop the swing or slow it down. You cant swing a club in a hallway.

Unless you KNOW how to fight...like actually know how to handle a weapon and fight someone and not just think you know how to be hard....short weapons are no good either as it means getting really close to someone who could be armed with a knife.

As above, if you dont know what you are doing and the other person does then you will find yourself on the receiving end of your weapon in a flash.....might be better just to let them take the TV!

For those that keep something heavy by the bed how confident are you that in the middle of the night you could take on someone of unknown strength and fighting skill that is possibly on drugs and disable them in one maybe 2 hits? Its harder than it looks.

What are you going to do if you hit an intruder and nothing happens? Keep hitting him and hope he goes down before you get exhausted or he manages to get to you? Then what...keep hitting him until he is dead? Call an ambulance? Could you even hit accurately in the dark or are you going to switch the light on and blind yourself?

Personally I would just sod the TV and the car, they can have them as long as they leave without coming near me.

Violence should be the very last resort because of the risk to your own safety but if it does come to that fight really dirty.....feel for the eyes and dig your nails in hard, bite hard, pull hair out and if its a bloke grab his balls and squeeze them as hard as you possibly can.
Old 22-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Yeah very true.. I wouldn't go looking for it thats for sure.. But if they were coming at me then id do what ever i could do make sure my wife and I were safe. if they came into the bedroom to try and hurt you that is.

Just most important thing is to know they are there before they are standing over you least you can lock ya self away and call cops.

specially if your mrs is home alone. she just feels safer knowing alarm is on when im not home as well as every other night. if it hasnt gone off you know no body is in the house.
Old 22-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Today's burgular, tomorrows dog shit
Old 22-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Hahaha tags on this thread are hillarious.

We were broken into with a bull terrier on the property, thieves broke into the shed which woke up the dog, dog waited outside the shed until the thieves walked out with the stuff and then attacked. Woke up in the morning with dog covered in blood and blood all over the fence.

Called the police who came and took evidence and everything but never caught anyone. I wasn't surprised, hopefully the DNA will be useful to someone oneday.
Old 22-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Im so spewing that i cant go to my uncles aikido dojo in wanneroo and train as its so far away. Hes a 3 or 4dan blackbelt and id love to be able to confidently defend myself with and without a weapon not just hoping to land a hay marker like to next retard :P
Old 22-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Sir AntiLag

WHITEMY08 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNtS_UtM View Post
Hahaha tags on this thread are hillarious.
Hence the bag o lime and a shovel, gotta find them first
Old 22-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

I agree, let them take the tv or what ever.... but if they physically threaten my kids or me im not about to just stand there and take it, i'll fight back with what ever I can get my hands on.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.
Old 22-07-2009, 05:33 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

No dogs and never been broken into. If your house is secure they will move on to an easier one.
Old 22-07-2009, 06:04 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

I have no worthy contribution. last time i remember being broken into was the shed in rockingham when i was a wee boy.

Tags
bag of lime and a shovel, bash_yuo!, broken, durry slury petrol dingo ole slut, i ams teh ewarrior, i'll fight ya!!!!, my dogs a great shag, noongar's did this, raah look how manly i am, robbing niggaz, scoobygez is irrelevant, scoobygez makes my brain hurt, stop dogging scoobygez an get a real job, well ard meow, who needs a dog when i have scoobygez?