Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Do you support extended shopping hours?
Yes, Sundays and Late Night every night 108 69.23%
Sunday Trading Only 15 9.62%
Late Night Only Every Night, Sundays Closed 18 11.54%
No, Leave it as it is. 15 9.62%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

I dont think all stores should be open it should be upto the management. Atleast 24 hour 7 days grocerys/ late night bottloes and pubs/video shops/whoever wants to be.

The reason i say about bottleo's is not everybody works 9-5 monday to friday anymore, perth is very mid 50's in thinking about how a family works.

I work away and so when I'm home I like to enjoy myself on any given night I want. However the amount of times its like 9 and we drive down to the bottleo to find its shut and the resteraunt next door is about toi shut and wont sell take aways is a joke. Its like i am told WHEN I'm allowed to go out and for how long I'm allowed to.
Its fair enough to say just buy it during the day but alot of the time its a last minute decision like one of the boys from work will ring and say lets have a drink and watch so tv or something.

It would just be nice for people to give up the whole "Well just do it during the day or do it at this time) mentality and realise in this day and age we should be able to do what we want when we want.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
follow the instrctions, then select ur suburb from the list when u type ur postcode in, then click 'preview email', then click send... its easy
I pretended that I lived in Perth as 6210 is unacceptable. Mandurah, still classed as the country

Last edited by DAN682; 02-10-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

I don't understand how nurses/doctor's/police etc etc all work shifts with barely any loading for Sunday's/public holidays etc... and yet little 16 year old Johnny who works at the local retail store refuses to work after 5:30pm or on a Sunday for less than double pay?

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DuDraig at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
I don't understand how nurses/doctor's/police etc etc all work shifts with barely any loading for Sunday's/public holidays etc... and yet little 16 year old Johnny who works at the local retail store refuses to work after 5:30pm or on a Sunday for less than double pay?
I don't know who to or who is to blame for this. But I know a hairdresser who has a small hairdressing shop in one of the weekend markets, she only operates during the weekend when the markets are open. Under the hairdressers wage award she has to pay her staff Time and Half for Saturday afternoon and Triple Time for working on Sunday and the odd occasion she opens on the Monday public holidays.

She is now considering shutting up shop as her wage bill is almost more than the shop earns.

But who is to blame? The unions for demanding such high wages? The goverment for instisting that even though her normal trading hours are Saturday & Sunday she has to pay this amount? Or the general population for not supporting her?

Either way think what would happen to her (or anyone in a simular business) if 24/7 trading was brought in. Not to mention the price of hair cuts
Old 15-10-2009, 04:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sMY00n at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDraig View Post
I don't know who to or who is to blame for this. But I know a hairdresser who has a small hairdressing shop in one of the weekend markets, she only operates during the weekend when the markets are open. Under the hairdressers wage award she has to pay her staff Time and Half for Saturday afternoon and Triple Time for working on Sunday and the odd occasion she opens on the Monday public holidays.

She is now considering shutting up shop as her wage bill is almost more than the shop earns.

But who is to blame? The unions for demanding such high wages? The goverment for instisting that even though her normal trading hours are Saturday & Sunday she has to pay this amount? Or the general population for not supporting her?

Either way think what would happen to her (or anyone in a simular business) if 24/7 trading was brought in. Not to mention the price of hair cuts

I think shops should be trading until 8 each night and sundays aswell but I think that the shop should be able to choose if they are going to be open or not. I also think that if the shops are open until 8 and on sundays then these would be normal open hours so no penalty rates should be paid. Im sure there are lots of boat people out there that would love to work these hours with no penalty pay. If little johnny dont want to work put him on the boat and let the boat people do it and we will all be happy.
Old 15-10-2009, 06:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

RICOCHET at standard level

Sunday Trading for the mother fuckeing WIN!!!! I work 730 - 4-5 each day! I hate having to try and cram in my shopping on 1 day!
Old 15-10-2009, 07:06 PM
STI Master

daveygravey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
Amusing story id like to share - i was working at my sunday job at a call centre in joondalup when the referendum was being held and all the rest of the jargon was happening. Asked a lady what does she think of sunday trade - she replied i dont want that - i dont want to go to the shops on a sunday.
I said why not? i got

"people need to spend time with there kids and not spend it wandering around the shops spending money, familys dont have good relationships anymore"

i said ok fair call - knowing she had kids - i asked what her kids were up to today

"probably going into the city and shopping"........

i just smiled, nodded and thought this is why we dont have sunday trade.

fucking people are morons

so u met my grandma? haha this place is so backward, but i have to say i like it, or do i mean i have learnt to live with it.. im used to places being open 24hrs..... im used to being able to buy a newspaper an a beer and food an ciggies in under the same roof at anytime of day...

im also used to in not gettin dark so farkin early why cant the government just do it... if the people dont like it they can move to woop woop where they have fark all and time means nothing..........
Old 15-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

cowboydave at standard level

If shopping hours get deregulated (which at this stage I don't think will happen) you are not gonna be able to go shopping during those hours anyhow because no one will be open. The law will state that we don't have to open those hours if we don't want and no one in their right mind will open their shop if there is no customers and no other stores are open. The whole idea of this is to give the big 2 more of a monopoly and put the little guys out of business!!
Old 15-10-2009, 07:43 PM
STI Master

daveygravey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboydave View Post
If shopping hours get deregulated (which at this stage I don't think will happen) you are not gonna be able to go shopping during those hours anyhow because no one will be open. The law will state that we don't have to open those hours if we don't want and no one in their right mind will open their shop if there is no customers and no other stores are open. The whole idea of this is to give the big 2 more of a monopoly and put the little guys out of business!!
come on now dave, there are plenty of small shops in other countrys that dont go out of business, and i think if people just gave it a try they maybe they be suprised! people in WA hate change they moan like fuck but i bet if they needed something from the shop after closing time and they could go and get it then, they wouldnt wait till the next day.... but on the other hand if it didnt work after a ''fair'' trial then fine dont open... i do agree that getting paid extra to work eves an sun is bullshit... if its in you 38hrs thats your job. i dont moan when i have to be at a customers house before 9am or after 6 its my job i just do it, i dont get penalty rates....
Old 23-10-2009, 09:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

NEGATIVE7 at standard level

well my job at the moment involves strip and sealing of any hard type floors eg terrazo, vinyl and company i work for are in charge of every kmart in WA, and half of the big w's, wollies, targets etc and generally do complex's such as gateways(if anyone noticed tht the floor infront of woolies looked alot shinier that was me), belmont, enex100 etc etc.

saying that we seriously need the time from 5pm to 5am to get the jobs done and all this late night trading really makes business harder. in saying that this is just one area that gets done after hours still have to think about those that work there such as night fillers, maintenence, and general prep of stores for sale. sure being a customer sometimes wish hours were longer but to me its just a no go. but, cant stop whats been talked about and said.
my 2c of nothing

Tags
extended, hours, shopping