Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Has anyone got a link to the story, i just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find it on the news sites and havn't come up with anything.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:53 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

olite at standard level

Man.. This sucks... I'm about to get one too
Old 10-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Meh. Speeding is illegal and im sure half the antics on a lot of cruises are illegal but that doesnt stop people does it

Just dont get caught (stealth install) or there is always the no speeding / buy a camry option

How does using a radar detector make you a better driver tho? Surely paying more attention to ALL your surrounds, will keep you flash free most times and make you a better driver?

I've never used one, nor will i ever and the only times i've been flashed are when i havent been paying attention to whats going on. Police on the other hand are far sneakier.

I can remember Grant Dorrington doing a talk at my high school. The blokes a deadset moron. He continues to preach the "Speed Kills" campaign but doesnt say much about stupidity / fatigue / driver inexperience / shit cars with shit brakes, tyres and suspension or simply not paying attention (which dare i say is the cause of most accidents)

Banning detectors WONT save lives or stop people speeding, nor will introducing more speed cameras or lowering speeds to 5km an hr. Perhaps its a bit Final Destination / fate type stuff (i mean how many people have been killed seconds after walking away from a rollover...) but i dont believe you will ever cut down on road deaths.

Dont worry, next month it will be another bandaid "solution"

Last edited by Mat; 10-01-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:13 AM
wrx46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
man she has got some serious bacterial sand in her vagina...if they do this then we should follow suit with all other states, get fixed camera's atleast
We all know, she is a politician but that is somehow below the belt …not nice. Maybe , she has some rock in her head….
Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

mmmmhh i can see a lot of rx65s for sale soon..
Old 10-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

well im sure if she had too shell out to compensate owners she would think twice, not that they would. pfft. Half the detectors out within the last few months are invisible to all but the spectre iii rdd, so theres a fair chance you can still get a good run from your detector still. Besides i dont know how theyre going to really police it, kind of hard trying to spot a detector when your flying past at 60kmh +

Law over east says to buy,sell own and use is illegal afaik. grab and stash would be the best option, just stick it in the mrs bag. they can search the car all they want.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Flat Four Father

FFOUR at standard level

I like the guy they interviewed that sells them - saying it promotes safer driving instead of concentrating on your speedo all the time you can focus on the road.
What a load of crap, at $700 for the detector you can have about 14 x $50 fines for just "slipping over" the limit - thats a bloody lot.

Give me a break, we all know why most people have them......

MY05 STI track car | VF Clubsport
Old 10-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_MY04
I like the guy they interviewed that sells them - saying it promotes safer driving instead of concentrating on your speedo all the time you can focus on the road.
What a load of crap, at $700 for the detector you can have about 14 x $50 fines for just "slipping over" the limit - thats a bloody lot.

Give me a break, we all know why most people have them......
no, its a life saver when there are multiple speedzone changes, ie through mandurah where the zones go 90-70-90-100
its not difficult to travel at 10-15km over the limit on open stretches of road and not know it.

Long live the WRC
Old 10-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Sir AntiLag

UNDRGND at standard level

a friend of mine has intsalled his radar under his bonnet tucked away from sight.

he some how got the wiring in to the cabin and the thing now looks like a apexi turbo timer.

Stealth mode is the way to go like Mat said! ( if you want to put one in),

i didnt know he even had one till i heard the K band talk.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

That would be a Bel RX75..

The fact is, the a speed camera is supposed to slow people down. Whether your radar detector tells you, or you see it yourself, your going to slow down for the camera arent you?

I think the govt is trying to find a way to maximise their speed camera revenue..

Tags
banning, detectors, radar