Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

dont get me started on the fuckers merging onto freeway coming from south perth, they need to get in the right lane so what do they do? the slow down to 40kph dumb cunts!
Old 18-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

people need to learn to merge or just watch what fucking happens on the road.

for example 12:30pm last night, heading home from a party in queens park. freeway north - the merge just after vincent st exit off freeway. i was in the 4th lane, 7 other cars - 4 taxis & 3 normal cars all in the left hand lanes- all proceeded to have to break heavily and try to merge and what not when there was only ME! in sight. there cars ahead i could only just see the tail lights of and no cars behind us. none of them wanted to move so they just all cluster fucked into each other.

i mean shit if they cant figure it out at 12:30pm on saturday night when "career" drivers are the higher proportion of people there - can i be right in assuming they will never get it???
Old 23-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

melbourn i think it is, has a "carpool" lane which is monitored by cameras, you'll be fined if you are a single driver in the "carpool" lane.
Old 23-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Sign me up!
82 of 200

_daz_ at standard level

Too many lanes merging are the major cause for sure.

Driving along the freeway most mornings during peak hour the traffic ALWAYS slows drastically at points where there are multiple lanes merging ie heading North, manning road on ramp & then the Canning Bridge on ramp where three lanes basically end and turn into one - what sort of idiotic planning is that!

The drop in speed limit over the Narrows doesn't really help either as that reverberates all the way down through the traffic, completely disrupting any semblence of flow. Not to mention peoples habit of slowing down when the speed limit changes even though they're already doing the lesser limit, also being in the right lane over the Narrows when they want to exit into the city doesn't help either.

Better road designs and better driver education would ease the majority of problems, better public transport would also not go astray. Public transport is not an option for me, as my nearest train station is Canning Bridge, but there is no parking there, this would require me to take 2 buses to get there, or two buses to get to the city and catch a train from there. Car pooling is also out of the question as i work shift work, so shift times vary from week to week and besides nobody lives near me.

That wasn't a U-turn! It was two consecutive right hand turns.
Old 23-07-2010, 09:53 PM
STI Master

daveygravey at standard level

merging merging an merging.... grrrrr i travel from mandurah to ellenbrook and back everyday. merging is a big problem, also tail gating which causes people to stop suddenly causing a knock on effect ie; congestion.

ps. arriving home at night late sux but alive im amazed to still be here most days has a near miss... pblic transport or car pooling for me cant work, if it could i would tho.

Tags
blames, congestion, driving, government, habbits, road