Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Sir AntiLag

wrxr2d2 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
do you think its possible to be another cynobal situation again? in regards to the spread of the radiation.
I was reading a article and they talked about the cores in both facilities. One has a half life of about 7 minutes meaning with 1/2 an hour all radiation would be gone. The other is combatted by iodine. There should not be a contamination duration as chynobel. Fingers crossed
Old 15-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

It's not really a topic i understand a lot about, Though i find it very interesting.
one thing that seems to stick in my mind is what they said about covering it with concrete and it can still be active for up to 30 thousand years.
Old 15-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X] View Post
Not directly, no.

But that's what we are pointing out..... that all those American posts are saying that the Tsunami is payback for the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor. Which is pointless and simple minded!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebish View Post
america joined the war after PH but that doesn't mean they dropped nukes as payback, unless you think like a 12 year old
Italics didn't work? But as said above we were trying to point out the way the yanks look at it (still) and yes a lot of Americans (Dave excluded ) still act like they've been bullied on the school yard and have the mentality to hold grudge after so long.

****On topic I heard on the radio just then #2 reactor has had an explosion on the outer building at Fukushima #1. (Hydrogen build up again)

Also so many so called experts are on the media scare mongering!!!! One of them on the 7pm project last night that was apparently some expert but came to light he's a part of some anti nuclear demonstration moment and was confronted about it after saying there is so much radioactive gas leaking and in the surrounding areas etc and said "i thought I was coming here to give information not be questioned about my background".

He probably doesn't even know how a reactor works and what safety measures are built in.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 15-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
No way.. Chernobyl was a Russian fuck-up, pure and simple.

The Fukushima reactor simply can't explode in the same way as Chernobyl.
Reactors can (& Do) suffer criticality events.......Safe to boom in under 3 MILLIseconds.

Search "criticality events"
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 15-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
stuff is a technical term LOL
And shitloads is an official term of measurement. It's on my fb
Old 15-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Talking

Lizard + radiation = Godzilla.

Old 15-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

^^I think you mean GODZIRRAAAA?
Old 15-03-2011, 11:07 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

It's actually, Godjirra.
Old 15-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

"There has been another explosion at the Fukushima reactor. Japanese NHK television reports that the Number 2 reactor has exploded, releasing radiation 10,000 above normal levels.

Up to half the fuel rods have been exposed and there are fears that the vessel containing the rods has cracked opening up the possibility that radioactive water is at risk of leaking outside the plant.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Egano on Tuesday told reporters that "damage appears on the suppression pool" - the bottom part of the container, which contains water used to cool down the reactor and control air pressure.

Water levels have dropped precipitously inside a Japanese nuclear reactor, twice leaving the uranium fuel rods completely exposed and raising the threat of a meltdown, hours after a hydrogen explosion tore through the building housing a different reactor.

Water levels were restored after the first decrease, but the rods remained partially exposed late on Monday night, increasing the risk of the spread of radiation and the potential for an eventual meltdown.

Later, a top Japanese official said the fuel rods in all three of the most troubled nuclear reactors appeared to be melting.

Of all these troubles, the drop in water levels at Unit 2 had officials the most worried.

"Units 1 and 3 are at least somewhat stabilised for the time being," said Nuclear and Industrial Agency official Ryohei Shiomi "Unit 2 now requires all our effort and attention."

Workers managed to raise water levels after the second drop on Monday night, but they began falling for a third time, according to nuclear agency official Naoki Kumagai. They are now considering spraying water directly on container to cool it. The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency said the Japanese government has asked the agency to send experts to help."

Nuclear power....Safe as houses.....

in a Tsunami.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 15-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

Japanese prime minister has given a live update on ABC 24 saying Fukushima #1 is leaking extremely high amounts of radioactive material and mandatory evacuations within 20kms have stepped up in the surrounding areas and people in a 30kms region to stay indoors.

So #1, #2 & 3 reactors have had hydrogen explosions and #4 is on fire but was not in use at the time of the earthquake so wasn't as active as the other ones.

#2 Plant has also got leaks and mandatory evacuations around that one aswell.

Tags
2012 nostra-fuckin-damus was spot on, 88, 89, 90, earth, earthquake, hits, japan, nothing is fucked, nothing is fucked...., quake, start stocking your bottlecaps everyone, we all gon die, we are fucked!!!!