Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6664Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

I think that "oh my eyes are dry after I could afford a doctor to shoot me in them with a laser to get rid of glasses" is definitely a "first world problem"
Old 13-07-2012, 03:07 PM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Getting the car washed and ready for Owen to work his magic on all the scratches and dings that have caused my soul to bleed these last 2 years.
Old 13-07-2012, 03:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
I've tried contacts and I don't think the brand I had agreed with my eyes, so I found them really irritating. It's annoying wearing glasses, but I am used to it now.
Yeh same thing happened with me originally, first two pairs I tried really made my eyes gunk up. Luckily my optometrist got me to trial a whole bunch thereafter and I managed to find a brand that I barely even realise I'm wearing now. Didn't charge me for the trials either, only for the set I ended up with so was pretty lucky
I agree with Tony re the surgery though...even though the large majority end up schmicko I'm still super hesistant with anything that could end up screwing my eyes up...(more then they already are!)
Old 13-07-2012, 03:11 PM
STI Master

forde at standard level

Lol i wish it was as simple as getting laser for me but unfortunately laser doesn't fix cateracts. Laser is just the follow up to remove scar tissue.
Old 13-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I should really try contacts again.. I really hate having to put glasses on every day, and playing sport is painful and I can't wear any sunglasses I want, gotta go get them made into prescription lenses etc etc... costing me a fortune!

Are your contacts leave ins, daily's?
Old 13-07-2012, 03:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
I should really try contacts again.. I really hate having to put glasses on every day, and playing sport is painful and I can't wear any sunglasses I want, gotta go get them made into prescription lenses etc etc... costing me a fortune!

Are your contacts leave ins, daily's?
haha you have basically listed every reason as to why I tried them again after a bad experience with hard-contacts when I was in my teens.
I have the type that you only wear 14 times (can wear them for whole day each time) before throwing them out, due to my eyes being quite sensitive (although if you look after them they are good for at least a couple of months). They are perfect for sport and so happy I got them!!
My girlfriend wears the type that you wear for a whole month without taking them out at all, even for sleeping. She only wears glasses about 2 days a month to give her eyes a bit of a rest before whacking a new pair of contacts in again. When I get home I can look up the different brands if you like?

Last edited by Top-Deck; 13-07-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 13-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Sir AntiLag

aC- at standard level

Receiving a letter in the mail in regards to promotion and being selected over people that has been here for over 6 years.
Old 13-07-2012, 04:08 PM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

Signing my resignation letter.
Soksta and mitchwnz like this.
Old 13-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
I think that "oh my eyes are dry after I could afford a doctor to shoot me in them with a laser to get rid of glasses" is definitely a "first world problem"
Probably true, but I was well and truly into the coke bottle range at -7 and -7.25, (means if I squinted really hard I could make out what the top letter on the eye chart was without glasses) and took a while to save up for the op. The dry eyes did end up with a trip to an opthomologist after tearing the front on my cornea off after the inside of my eyelid stuck to it when I was asleep.

Very painful, similar to the old days (again this is a first world problem) when cleaning contacts was a two step process. Forgetting the neutralizing step and putting the contact in without neutralizing the hydrogen peroxide.

But as its sorted itself out I'm very happy.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 13-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Wear glasses for 30 years plus then make comments.

Opinions without experience are like arseholes ...
Jeckle likes this.

Tags
awesome, biggest poo, everything is bespoke, fuk yeah!, happy, huggy hearts slack jawed yokels, i like big butts..., i like whinging, jaron free zone, make, nickelback makes scott happy in pants, picture replies make my vagina sandy, rj's personal life story thread?, rj_has_a_racecar_for_the _road, sandy vaginas, scott loves granny strippers, someone fucking ban rj please, things, things that make me, town bike, v10, we all like boobies, xt43 has dirty ass cheek, xt43 pops big boils, yes im a fifo worker.