Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Working with assholes (rant). (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/4253-working-assholes-rant.html)

Darken 13-03-2006 03:21 PM

Now say after me with a deep breath... WOOOSAAHHHH!!!

Narchi 13-03-2006 03:22 PM

customers will be customers. Its the way i see it. Internal or external. Ull have some awesome ppl where u wont mind doing anything for em. then u got others who make u so annoyed the only reason u help them is coz u dont wanna get fired. I just love the ppl who exaggerate the time they have waited. 30mins wait = Them telling u 2 hours wait

DAN682 13-03-2006 04:19 PM

2 Words for you all: IT CROWD!!!!!!!

Download it off bit torrent, we can learn alot from these 2!!

geoff 13-03-2006 04:28 PM

When you work in IT, finance, office services, catering or any other 'service' type division in any organisation you are the scum of the earth.

Deal with it, or get a job where you're a producer (ie: you make the company money) ... you'll end up with nice offices, respect and perks instead!

Intra 13-03-2006 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=geoff]When you work in IT, finance, office services, catering or any other 'service' type division in any organisation you are the scum of the earth.

Deal with it, or get a job where you're a producer (ie: you make the company money) ... you'll end up with nice offices, respect and perks instead![/QUOTE]

Can't agree more on that.. nicely summed up.

Clint 13-03-2006 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=geoff]When you work in IT, finance, office services, catering or any other 'service' type division in any organisation you are the scum of the earth.

Deal with it, or get a job where you're a producer (ie: you make the company money) ... you'll end up with nice offices, respect and perks instead![/QUOTE]

So true. Just rise above it and do a good job.

Miggidy 13-03-2006 05:25 PM

It must be something about corp IT.

I just did a job for a company that outsources our services, they are based in sysdney. At 11am i was faxed a PO for a POS system at a major retailer in the city, system was down. Fairly important, so I called ahead and tried to talk her through, making sure all cables were plugged in properly. She lost it and claimed I needed to get down asap as she was having to do everything by hand, she wouldn't check any cables. So I drove all the way in, walked into the store, found the pc, plugged the power cable in and happily made her sign my bill for $125.

All you can do mate is bite the bullet and fix thier retarded porblems, maybe put forward legislation for the sterilisation of fucktards all over Australia, or come and work for us, we are looking for a new fulltime techie =)

Miggidy 13-03-2006 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Clint]So true. Just rise above it and do a good job.[/QUOTE]

But remember this, NEVER fuck with somebody in the service industry... there are always ways to get payback. I accidently made a a Bitch's PC print 100 copies of her diet plan to her Boss' printer, something that can be amusing but they will never know for sure it was you =)

EvilCabbage 13-03-2006 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=Clint]So true. Just rise above it and do a good job.[/QUOTE]

I do a great job sir, which is why I'm upset when some fucking dense tart decides to take issue with me over nothing.

Decided I'm going to lodge an official complaint in regards to her behaviour tomorrow. Should be a laugh....

westoz 13-03-2006 10:22 PM

Damn, one of the best rant threads I've seen in a long time....congrats especially to EvilC for his entertaining intro bordering on literary masterpiece, I must say!!!

I [u]don't[/u] work in IT but have much respect for those that do. Heard MANY a customer-from-hell story from your industry. One of my closest friends down here is what I describe as an IT guru, lectures at TAFE, has his own business & doing very well. I am very careful to ask his advice on computer related things and won't touch on the subject in a social setting unless he brings it up in convo.

Instead, I'm in the building trade, ceramic tiling to be precise. While I have often thought of a change in career (in my mid 40's - yeh right) in the direction of IT I get back to thinking that:

(1) I am my own boss. I say "Sir" to no-one.

(2) My customers are ALWAYS happy. Working to a high standard helps tremendously in the area of customer relations. Voluminous word-of-mouth references is also a big key.

(3) I mostly work by myself. Occasionally I use the services of a couple of very reliable close friends, who I pay well, to help me with the lion's share of a large job. We have a great time.

(4) I am paid immediately on completion of job (often before completion), or within a day or two of completion. Sometimes with [i]in gratis[/i] bonuses which are unexpected.

(5) Over the last two years, earnings have escalated to the point that I can now command a 6 figure annual income...such is the climate of the building industry, especially here in the SW where it is not expected to slow down for MANY years.

Nah, I'll stay where I am thanx :D