Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Working with assholes (rant). (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/4253-working-assholes-rant.html)

d_generate 14-03-2006 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCabbage]What do you want son, a cookie? Medal? Crocodile sticker perhaps?

If you'd like to have a chat about riding dads coat-tails, or your homoerotic workplace practices, or even why you're about to revolutionise the DVD industry (pshaw..), the "New Thread" button is just to your left.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]
SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH That 10% discount off a $7 rental could come in handy. ;)

EvilCabbage 14-03-2006 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=d_generate]SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH That 10% discount off a $7 rental could come in handy. ;)[/QUOTE]

Fuck him, I'm keeping my crocodile stickers.

.. heh, and getting into the DVD market just as digital distribution is taking off in a big way and the market is [b]already[/b] totally saturated with direct to public DVD wholesalers, great idea there! Where can I invest?!? :confused:

Narchi 14-03-2006 03:46 PM

one thing thats helped me deal with customers is a quite old book called how to make friends and influence people. Awesome read. Apply it to alot of things and it does help. Things get done quicker. Ppl look at ya different and are willing to do stuff for ya. Maybe buy the book for that lady.

POLARBEAR666 14-03-2006 04:04 PM

Who shat in your cornflakes evilcabbage? If you don't have a sense of humour and have not seen The Night at the Roxbury to understand my comments why post.... oh I forgot, your an asshole. Anyway you are in the right thread because its about bitches.

And as for DVD..... I think the guys who just bought video ezy outright for about $35million (which they made from their 21 existing video stores) know more about whether its dying off than you do. I asked them that myself and they both laughed and said its been "dying" for the last 10 years.

Anyhow... I wasn't going to offer 20% off a $7 rental... I was going to offer pwrx members 20% off retail dvd's if you order them through me. So 20% off a $100RRP box set of "Being and Asshole for Dummies" for cabbage, is a $20 discount.

Clint 14-03-2006 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Who shat in your cornflakes evilcabbage? If you don't have a sense of humour and have not seen The Night at the Roxbury to understand my comments why post....

I see quite a lot of irony about evilcabbage being an asshole in a thread about bitches.[/QUOTE]

I think you shat in them! :D

EvilCabbage 14-03-2006 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]And as for DVD..... I think the guys who just bought video ezy outright for about $35million (which they made from their 21 existing video stores) know more about whether its dying off than you do. I asked them that myself and they both laughed and said its been "dying" for the last 10 years.[/quote]

Tell me how widespread cheap broadband was a decade ago compared to today?

There'll always be a place for the chain video stores, no question. Hell I like going to the video store with a bunch of mates, but the media landscape is changing right now, not ten years ago, not five years ago, right at this very moment. I can log into iTunes now, pay a buck or two and watch a couple of TV shows. The success of iTunes (and other music services) are a testament to how happy people are with this distribution method.

[quote]Anyhow... I wasn't going to offer 20% off a $7 rental... I was going to offer pwrx members 20% off retail dvd's if you order them through me. So 20% off a $100RRP box set of "Being and Asshole for Dummies" for cabbage, is a $20 discount.[/QUOTE]

Oh awesome, that's [i]almost[/i] as good a deal as I can get already.. to think I may have soured our karmic milk .... bahahaha :D

I'd invest in the newly released "Not Communicating Like a Smacktard For Dummies", I believe it's released in ABC shops. It's probably important for you to be able to communicate effectively and without spelling and grammatical errors if you're going to become the next video distribution superpower.

Good luck with that, kiddo.

Jaded 14-03-2006 04:45 PM

Im intrigued... Mr Polar.... do you SERIOUSLY think you are THAT good ? lol

back in other news..... i hate working with someone who isnt getting any. they get so fkn grumpy ! :mad: anyone know some single girls they can swing my way so I can play matchmaker? hahah

Darren 14-03-2006 04:48 PM

Soured our karmic milk... haha gold.. sorry off topic..

Riggs 14-03-2006 04:52 PM

Im not in IT but i do have to deal with dickheads every now and then. I run my own floorcoverings company and on occasions dealing with the public can be a real head fuck!! When you get a customer that is being completely unreasonable and rudely blaming you for problems that are not even related to your job after you politely explain what really caused it. And f they were half polite about it we would probably fix it anyway just as an extra bit of service. But no, they then have the nerve to stand there for 10 mins and tell me im an asshole and that I have no idea how to run a buisiness and that they will never recomend me to anybody. My blood was boiling but after he finished his speal I smiled politely said, 'I hope the rest of your day is as plesent and fulfilling as the last 15 minutes has been.' The look on his face after he finally worked out what I said was priceless, I wish I had a camera for a happy snap haha.

Dam im sencing a bit of hostility in this thread. Why doesnt every boby jump on and let off some of that steam that has been building up with the heat we have been having over the last week...

DAN682 14-03-2006 04:57 PM

I am taking bets to see how quick the thread gets closed.

PM Me for my bank account details