Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2006, 02:37 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

and to think people RENT to save up for a Deposit... I know if you don't have it, you're not gonna have it but you have to save to get it... but in reality you're paying off Someone elses Mortgage. Ive got a few mates doing that and no matter who tells them what - they know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
but I might just stick with my old Pulsar and do some more cheapish mods to that for fun. I'd rather have a $30k chunk of my house paid off than a depreciating $30k car parked in the carport.
definatelly, nothing depreciates more than a CAR. But as an opposite many of us could have overpaid our 'new' houses because of overpricing - so having paid say $300000 on a house, it could 'really' be only worth $250000 - know what I mean?
Old 20-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Yes, and in Japan, fuel cost a lot more than here along with everything else

Every country has its pros and cons. some countries has no tax at all, but then again, you might get blown to bits cause you look like a foreigner.

Cost will always go up. Its demand and supply. Oil will eventually run out, so the highest bidder gets it. Instead of relying on oil and fuel, and complain, why don't we do something about it? Perhaps lobby your local MP about renewal energy?
No point complaining, do something about it.
Old 20-04-2006, 02:38 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
Relative, shmelative sir. I want to pay less fuckin' tax, or at least see some benefits for this country as a result of the taxes I'm paying.

Right now I get neither of those things.
Buddy, I think u need to ask your parents about the economy 15 years ago when Labour was enjoying the parlimentary throne. If you were paying the same amount of tax today in relative terms to then you would be living in a cardboard box.

You want to pay less tax, hire a better accountant.

And sure, a lot of the funds are not really appropriately distributed nor spent but if you do not see any benefit at all of where your tax $$$ are going I think you need to open your eyes.
Old 20-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Lets not forget our generous state government, who makes a fuckload on fuel excise...

This helped contribute to a 2 billion dollar budget surplus, how about doing something for the people for once?

Honestly, I'd probably quit my whinging at $1.50 per litre fuel prices, if the roads were fixed quicker and better, or the health system was improved, or the crime rate was lower...
Old 20-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
Stop ya whinging ya poofs! You are all earning more, paying less interest & paying less tax than EVER before - it could be worse - Labor could be in charge of the Federal economy!!
earning more?

are you on drugs

can you show me where <unless your a CEO or director> peoples wages have increased accordingly with inflation?..

i bet you can't..

most young couple can't afford the first house, and if they can, they barely can and the moment the interest rates shift half a % up, they'll be out on there ass..
Old 20-04-2006, 02:41 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTR
Too True... BUT - did you know that for example in Japan they only pay 10% tax? Australia IS the highest TAXING country in the World!
Would you rather be living in a country that pays 20-40% less tax but pay 200% more for everything else? Or one that offers sub par standard of living?
Old 20-04-2006, 02:46 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver
earning more?

are you on drugs

can you show me where <unless your a CEO or director> peoples wages have increased accordingly with inflation?..

i bet you can't..
Nugget, if you look at % increases your average notional wage increases are 2-5% pa. Does anyone want to take a stab at what the average inflation rate was over the past 10 years?
Old 20-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Btw, fuel price wise, we're not paying what the guys in the UK pay and their tax is almost the same as ours. And their health system is not much better if not worst.
So, complain all you want about high cost of living, its here to stay unfortunately.

What you can do about it? Have a hard look at what the multinationals are doing, ie maximum profit with minimal employment risks. Look at the banks. Look at the big manufacturers. We are supporting them just by using their services and products!
Old 20-04-2006, 02:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTR
definatelly, nothing depreciates more than a CAR. But as an opposite many of us could have overpaid our 'new' houses because of overpricing - so having paid say $300000 on a house, it could 'really' be only worth $250000 - know what I mean?
Yup. $175,000 for ours, bought privately from a really quite wonderful bloke. Just a two storey townhouse under strata, but the area is good, the neighbours are legends and we could probably sell for $250,000 in six months the way the market is going out here.

Ideally, I'll pay as much as humanly possible off the thing over the next couple of years, then see where life wants to take the wife and I. Honestly wouldn't mind renting it out and going overseas maybe. See what happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRW 147
Buddy, I think u need to ask your parents about the economy 15 years ago when Labour was enjoying the parlimentary throne. If you were paying the same amount of tax today in relative terms to then you would be living in a cardboard box.
I'm aware of "the bad old days", interest rates were ridiculous, but people still seemed to cope, the housing market was certainly more sane than it is now. Relativity in this case means approximately dick.

Quote:
You want to pay less tax, hire a better accountant.
I have an excellent accountant. I'd need to start breaking the law to pay less tax, I like to think I'm above that.

Quote:
And sure, a lot of the funds are not really appropriately distributed nor spent but if you do not see any benefit at all of where your tax $$$ are going I think you need to open your eyes.
When we can't keep nursing staff in our town and a health minister can claim a half million dollar salary a year, I'd call that not seeing a benefit.
Old 20-04-2006, 02:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

So Japan pays more for fuel, but together with that, their costs of owning a car are as high as Mt Fuji - so people use alternative means ie: Metro. Only the rich can afford cars thats true - but thats the way Australia is going.

As for food... they pay alot more for beef, potatoes etc but rice, fish - its all cheap!!

I was just simply comparing Japans Tax with Australian Tax system - and as said - each has its pros and cons for sure.

as Joe said - if it hit $1.50 and stayed there would be good, but even atm Im not complaining much - $50 to fill up for over a weeks driving - otherwise im getting a scooter and thats all there is.

Tags
fuel, prices, ridiculous