Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2006, 03:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

One of the reasons why the house market is going Nuts over here is because of the Eastern States Market. Houses over there have stopped gaining value so all the people started buying here forcing the market prices up... 'oh hey look - for $700000 here in Sydney we can buy two houses in Perth'...
prices here will stop once they reach sydney standards I think.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:02 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
I'm aware of "the bad old days", interest rates were ridiculous, but people still seemed to cope, the housing market was certainly more sane than it is now. Relativity in this case means approximately dick.
Pick up a beginners book on Economics cause I think the point seems to be flying well over your head. You're looking at things in absolute terms which is basically comparing apples with oranges. The only option for you really is to earn income at todays' rates and on the weekend travel back in time to the 60s to buy decently priced property.

Quote:
I have an excellent accountant. I'd need to start breaking the law to pay less tax, I like to think I'm above that.
I never said anything about breaking the law but as with anything, get sescond opinions - nobody is perfect.

Quote:
When we can't keep nursing staff in our town and a health minister can claim a half million dollar salary a year, I'd call that not seeing a benefit.
If in your eyes that is the only benefit to society then really words are falling on deaf ears.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Sir AntiLag

Evilliot at standard level

i live in carine and the Caltex on duffy road is packed. some idiots have blocked the enterance and Duffy road lining up for the damn pumps. i went up the curb to get around them.
ppl have gone crazy.

KB Rallysport
Project 'Monte Carlo' , Pilot Elliot KB
Weekend Warrior - Renault Megan, Pilot Adrian KB
Old 20-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

[QUOTE=SINISTR]

As for food... they pay alot more for beef, potatoes etc but rice, fish - its all cheap!!
QUOTE]

Rice and fish is actually still cheaper in oz

Suprisingly, beer is cheaper in Japan however

Its not just Eastern States ppl that are driving the prices up.
There's a so call resource boom. Perth has always been a "small" city. So the infrastructure (housing, roads, public transport, etc) was never planned for a sudden influx of ppl.

So, now with a sudden demand on all this, prices get inflated. Its the nature of the beast. Cost always goes up, you just have to hope the income can keep up with it.

A lot of site related jobs are now paying equally as much as an office based job, if not more. This was unheard of 10-15 yrs ago. I remember when schools used to tell us, an education will gurantee us a good pay. Not at the moment. If you can drive a truck, you can earn just as much as someone with a degree or diploma.

Pros and cons. Some will gain and some will suffer.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

question is: do we buy scooters NOW or LATER? will the prices Drop or Rise with the demand?

Probably buy NOW... later might have to wait 18 months LOL.

Good Topic guys! some very good opinions.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:14 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTR
prices here will stop once they reach sydney standards I think.
The furious rate at which prices are going up will slow down but real estate market coming to a grinding halt is a big call. The ideal would be price increases in line with interest rates cause if you think about it, wouldn't u rather have a house that is worth what you paid for it in 20 years time? So say 175k loans at todays rates, with rates remaining constant (tough ask), paid over 20 years you would have forked out 320k for your property. That would be an economically ideal value in 20years time but realistically its going to be at least twice that.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:16 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTR
question is: do we buy scooters NOW or LATER? will the prices Drop or Rise with the demand?

Probably buy NOW... later might have to wait 18 months LOL.

Good Topic guys! some very good opinions.
Invest in Hybrid vehicles!
Old 20-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Buy some sugar cane fields
Old 20-04-2006, 03:18 PM
XRW 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmh
I remember when schools used to tell us, an education will gurantee us a good pay. Not at the moment. If you can drive a truck, you can earn just as much as someone with a degree or diploma.
Mate, that was even said in my days at school and even 5 years ago I saw liquid truck drivers at Cleanaway making more money than most of management.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:18 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRW 147
The furious rate at which prices are going up will slow down but real estate market coming to a grinding halt is a big call.
Yeah, sorry - i should have worded it differently - you're quoting me directly. My bad... I should have said they will 'slow down' when they reach Sydney levels. At the moment the growth is almost exponential haha.

Tags
fuel, prices, ridiculous