Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

If the cops where not so anal, then people would start to push the limits of the law and we would see more accidents and deaths.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl3r View Post
on an actual serious note..i truly believe all these speed camera's, multi nova's and vans on the side of the road are actually making the road even more dangerous to drive. My reasoning is because we have all these retards that fail to even drive by following the basic road rules(department of transports fault for giving them a licence)....and now everyone is so scared of getting flashed and fined that people spend more time looking out for speed camera's then actually looking whats happening in front and around them.

i've always thought people should have to go for re-fresh courses for their licence say every two years....that way we can kick all these shit drivers off and actually make it harder to get your licence. Some people just shouldn't be a loud to drive, and even when you get older....obviously your judgment is less accurate and your reaction time is a lot slower....these people should have there licence re-assesed every two years too and if they cant pass a simple driving test then sorry to say but they shouldn't have a licence.

The only people that would have a cry about going for a re-test every two years are the people that are scared to fail...
You need an education 're-fresh'

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Duffman at standard level

Meanwhile, Police unveil new road safety device.....

Old 08-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Sir AntiLag

N1GHTH4WK92 at standard level

It's not even speed that is the problem, majority of Perth is too busy on their phones, eating, looking at roadside animals or looking at the passenger to talk to them, thus being distracted. Or just impatient.
On my way home just now, I saw a red p plater in a 50 year old pathfinder overtake a semitrailer that was already doing 10-20 over the posted limit on Kargotich rd. Why?

I'd prefer to see a mandatory defensive driving course completed to attain Ps. Too many people just typically scream/just hold brakes in and stay steering straight/just do nothing when sliding out/panic etc. If they steered, the rear ending could be avoided.
I think I'm getting off topic though.

@OP
I'd say the only thing that set people off at first is admitting it and trying to get out of it. It's a long and expensive process now, not just 'oh I wasn't driving'.

@Dancrawl3r
Doesn't count if you curb a rim doing that behind me xoxo
Brett Allan likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Scoobie Noobie

specwarop at standard level

Yeh I notice it a lot on the freeway with people being in a hurry. I am doing 102/103 which is speeding technically, and then people are still overtaking me in the right lane and when I am in the right lane they are tailgating me. For what, a few hundred meters.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level

N1GHTH4WK92 likes this.

Last edited by crawl3r; 05-09-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by specwarop View Post
I am doing 102/103 which is speeding technically, and then people are still overtaking me in the right lane and when I am in the right lane they are tailgating me. For what, a few hundred meters.
Is that GPS or the speed reading from the speedometer?
If the later, doing 102/103 would either be 98/99 from memory, so technically not speeding
Old 08-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Scoobie Noobie

specwarop at standard level

Nah thats speedo. So is that what people do, add 4-5kmh to their speed to make up for the adjusted reading from factory?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

After a long, hard day, this has been an entertaining read. You sped, regardless of whether you are safe like a boss at speed or not, you didn't obey the observed limit and thus are in the poopoo with the popo. Don't be another fuckwit who complains about everything under the sun because you don't want to take responsibility for your actions and just pay the fine and get on with your whingey little life.

PS Whether you consider the speed limits to be lower than they should be is irrelevant, the law is the law.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:16 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rally_Action at standard level

Back to OP.

You were picked up speeding (which you admit to) by an un-marked. You also complained that the 5-0 should be working on much more serious crimes like break & enter in the area you were speeding.
Is it possible you were pulled over by cops who had been patrolling the said area in the early hours of the morning in an un-marked car, looking for more serious criminals, and then when they pulled out onto the road to head back to the station they saw you doing warp factor 1.5?

Are you trying to get your post count up so you can post a for sale ad for your car?
[COLOR=navy]Rally Action Driver Training[/COLOR]

Tags
even lemmings are better at life then specwarop, fine, i am a knob, i gobble cocks, keyboard warriors, knock knock...who's there?? a knob!, speeding, take my car away i can't use it., trolling, trolololololololololololololololololololololololo, with decision making comes responsibility