Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
STI Master

JMAX is unrated
Default Jet Ski - Personal Water Craft

Anyone in to jet ski's? What the low down in Perth. Are they worth getting? Where can you use them? What to buy and who are the good shops to visit?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

Yes have 2 Seadoo XP's!

Best fun ever in summer usally ride around the narrows bridge they have an area just for jetski's nothing else just cut nutz

Get one you will love it!

Go see brian at seadoo west in wangara awesome bloke and can hook you up!

Some people hate seadoos and some love them i think they are good!

Yamahas are also good i hear!

Get onto www.ozpwc.com forums and have a browse and search!

Good info there!

Last edited by joey89; 12-12-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Jonno,

I am also in the same boat as you. Looking at getting one.

The new honda lobs in Perth halfway through january. Meant to be great. Turbo charged and intercooled. The only place that sells them is the Honda Shop in Midland.

The story goes that the main age group of people buying jet skis are in the age group of 40 - 59 hence the reason why the manufacturers seem to be going more and more towards 3 seat ships.

I think that the best bet is either to buy a 12-18 months old one with 20 hours on the clock that someone bought and never used and wants to sell. Other option I am looking at is I might be buying a heap of stuff for work out of the states for work. Wouldn't it be a horrible shame if the sea container arrived and there was a jet ski in it.
E.g. The mack daddy 2 seat honda here is $21 + trailer + license etc whereas in the states they are about Aud$13 and there is more than one dealer so discount is your friend.

The other thing that concerns me is this new recreational skippers ticket thing. I would get one but what if my mate wanted to go for a blast. Does he need one to? Something I need to look into.

Some questions have been raised about the reliability of the 215hp Seadoo's. Dont know how true it is though. Could just be people not storing them properly over winter and then they dont work properly when they through them in the water at the beginning of summer.

I have been told to stay away from second hand polaris. I.e. they are not around anymore and parts are hard to get hold of.

Let me know how you get on cause I am keen to get one too!

Cheers

Brendon
Old 12-12-2006, 12:53 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

camer183 at standard level

I was in the market for one as well maybe in early 2007, so any feedback would be well received, I hear the Seadoo's are very good again the two or three seater would be the way to go. The way they're looked after is key to their long-term performance and keeping maintenance costs to a minimum. Is it DPI that you would do the Recreational Skippers Ticket through.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

Not a big fan of the PWC personally. Nice thing for someone else to own and get to play on, but would get bored of one pretty quick myself. Would rather drop the 20k on a second hand ski boat or a nice bow rider that could be used with friends for cruising and skiing. PWC's are nice out in the waves but get bored pretty quick just blasting flat water.

But that said, a mate owns Estuary Marine in Mandurah. Big Yamaha dealer. Rode the 1000cc 4 stroke yamaha (marinised R1 motor) bad boy last weekend at a test day. Nice bit of gear. Heaps of grunt (160hp) and good economy from the 4 stroke. The 2 stroke model had a little more grunt and a slightly more aggresssive turning hull design, but considerably higher fuel consumption. Would make a big difference to cost of a day out. Roughly say 20 litres through the 4 stroke and 50 through the 2 stroke.

Happy to provide an intro if you are keen Jonno. Has demos as well if you want to test drive.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???
Old 12-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

Yeah got to admit they do get abit boring just riding on flat water!

waves off the back of rotto fairy = fun

Plus just freestyling around is also fun if you have a mate or 2 ski's one would get pretty boring by yourself!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Philbo

Anyone wanting to TEST a yamaha lemme know as i own a VX110 four stroke might be selling it soon so give me a holler...i usually go out on sundays so after chrissy give me a buzz on msn or email msn: kittop@telstra.com or email phil.kitto@iinet.net.au and ill take ya for a run and then let ya have a go im working pretty much all weekends up until chrissy so i wont be able to till after chrissy but throw me a date and ill let ya know

Cheers Phil
p.s Brian is a champ !!! below is where all the perth Racers Hang out
check out www.jetsportwest.asn.au the only Jetski Club in perth.
http://www.4-tecforum.com/index.php
Old 12-12-2006, 01:42 PM
STI Master

JMAX is unrated

Yeah, 1 ski would suck, definitely looking at 2 so it'll be a bit more fun. Also got a few mates with decent sized boats so would look at towing them out the back of rotto etc then go exploring.Yamaha GP1300R is front runner at the moment. Honda's look the goods but damn pricey. Getting a quote for a Honda ex-USA, we'll see what they come back at. Also gotta find out what duties payable on an import.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level

as for the seadoos its each to there own all models have their own pros and cons
just follow who you would rather support yamaha or seadoo or kawasaki (honda a no no until more have come in to iron out support and parts...) only one dealership atm where as minimum 2 or 3 for the Yams and Seadoos and one REALLY good one for Kwaka. So if ya have any Q's just post up on the 4 tec forums RXP's didnt have a fogging kit on the first few not sure date and if people didnt use them over winter and stored them then they seized up and needed a pricey rebuild 5k plus so if you plan on buying second hand have a known dealer check it out and ask to ride it first if there a bit etchy throw them a deposit just to show interest and if you return the craft with no damage then deposit returned. or if you want the craft a down payment.
PM or email me with any Q's with models as i have ridden most.
Thanks Phil

Last edited by Philbo; 12-12-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level

GP1300R not good for towing or cruising only good for freestyling and they are as heavy as.

Tags
craft, jet, personal, ski, water