Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

hardly nothing meaning more than likely something substantial???
Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
WRXRW

i love "mate" stories, they make the internet fun!

anyway, im picking his brain, because his setup is on the ball of what im after and is the nizpro guy for wa. i could deal with nizpro direct, but rather face to face and in reality im only sourcing the parts of him and as per-usual using maximum motorsports (you got any other mate stories about them) to install, modify and tune the parts.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

Whilst I'm all for bombed cars Ramon.. Didn't you learn your lesson with the r-dubya?

Regardless, good luck with the journey on this one and looking forward to watching the progress padre.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey89
Simon is a tool.

my mates clutch plate or flywheel plate was lose and making a weird sound took it to simon said his motor was fcuked and need a rebuilt took it west racing (tim) and fixed the prob in 30 mins and cost him hardly nothing.
that is the 1st bad thing ive ever heard anyone say about simon from extreme in the past 3 years ive been around on the ford turbo forums!!!

Apart from some random bad mouthing from a local tuning competitor that is... thats not too say what your saying isn't true but i would have thought i'd have heard at least 1 bad story before.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

I know for a fact that this is true.

Im not saying his bad his probley one of the best out there for fords the thing i dont like is he saw a p plater thought he doesnt know what his on about and straight out just thought he could rip him off. Soon as he heard the noise said something wrong in the motor and it needs to be rebuild.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

I have heard the same story about Slacko, everyone has a different story. Mate now will only go to Simon for everything.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Philbo

This isnt a Ford Forum ppls back on topic leave bitching about problems to elsewhere.
Talk about how sweet ramons stezza is.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey89
Simon is a tool.

my mates clutch plate or flywheel plate was lose and making a weird sound took it to simon said his motor was fcuked and need a rebuilt took it west racing (tim) and fixed the prob in 30 mins and cost him hardly nothing.

tim slacko is a cockhead...

ive heard great things from marks workshop though.. Have u spoken to him at all ramon??
Old 01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

I reckon if you have the money, MWS would be hard to pass if you wanted a seriously well built street supercharged V8 holden or ford (i meant to ask him about doing stuff for the XR6T, F6, territorys etc at MV but didnt get a chance).

Spoke to one of the owners of a car in his display and it REALLY appears you get what you pay for. Nothing is done half assed, all cars have the brakes to match the power, built boxes, engines etc. The cars at MV all had engineers plates on them too. Not to sure how you could get a 750rwhp s/c V8 engineered but judging by the quality of the cars and work done, he has!

My girlfriends cousin gets his GTO serviced there (as he lives in york) and reckons he pays more but the workshop is immaculate, the quality of work is spot on, service is unreal etc.

I suppose when your a cashed up bogan who wants the job done properly money isnt a huge issue!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM
WRXRW

after a few days trying to decide in which direction to go with the engine build myself and maximum motorsports have settled with nizpro. it was a coin toss between xtreme/atomic & nizpro.

fyi xtreme engines feature custom diamond (us brand) pistons with much longer skirt design than atomic (brand unknown) making them quieter but also more reliable in the ol' piston to bore clearance and both use the atomic "fat" h bean rod in the 950kw engines.

having favored this option ultimately it was hard to go past the product & experience of nizpro. the entire engine, including flywheel, clutch and harmonic balancer (in turn each one upgraded with a custom billet or ceramic equivalent) has been sent to nizpro for their stage 3 engine package. we have also ticked the "stage 4 1000hp" box in the order book to not only get to the desired hp target but exceed it on the shy side of 600rwkw with driveline components to match!

for those interested,

http://www.nizpro.com.au/

Tags
f6, photos, typhoon