Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
For a DIY'er I'ed agree, but otherwise getting an older car and having to maintain a pre thrashed AWD drivetrain would be
Not all subi's are thrashed!

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 06-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=12368B01D64C

Good luck with insurance though... quotes will probably be about the same as the car price
Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Scoobie Noobie

D0WNREX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
yeah I've already seen them on carsales, actually went and took a look at the first one. It's a nice car, but 2nd and 3rd gears syncros are fucked, and its pretty fuckin gutless!

and to these guys posting up stuff about me wrapping cars around poles and trees. I've been driving for over 6 months now in an excel ,just dont claim it as my first car . Dad owns a 07 STI, lets me drive that regularly, and i dont hold back when he tells me to give her shit. and to add to that i raced go karts and motocross for a few years. Not all young guys are poo drivers, my close friends and family say they trust me more in a car going quick than they do most people so don't presume i'm a shite driver please
Old 06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WNREX
yeah I've already seen them on carsales, actually went and took a look at the first one. It's a nice car, but 2nd and 3rd gears syncros are fucked, and its pretty fuckin gutless!
That's got Speedy K-Fin Lites on it. Awesome wheels, worth $500ea on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WNREX
and to these guys posting up stuff about me wrapping cars around poles and trees. I've been driving for over 6 months now in an excel ,just dont claim it as my first car . Dad owns a 07 STI, lets me drive that regularly, and i dont hold back when he tells me to give her shit. and to add to that i raced go karts and motocross for a few years. Not all young guys are poo drivers, my close friends and family say they trust me more in a car going quick than they do most people so don't presume i'm a shite driver please
My friend used to race Go Karts with his 2 brothers (The Greenham's, his older brother drives a series 1 RX-7 with 600 odd hp in the same series as Ledger et al). He crashed his old mans GC8 over a traffic island about 5 hours before it was due to be traded in on a newer model. Many swear words were had at him and he'd had his licence for 4 or 5 years at the time.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

hit up www.rslibertyclub.org ... i noticed that 1st carsales one was on there, you would find out alot more about the car from reading about them, their mods, usage etc...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

Autopilot at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WNREX View Post
don't presume i'm a shite driver please
The reality is we all probably think that we're better drivers than what we really are, However we can assume a universal truth, Experience is the greatest benefit in regards to your ability. I raced Gokarts in my youth and I can tell you that it in no way does it translate to your ability on the road. Reading traffic and predicting behavior of others is an asset that takes years of honing.

Excuse me if I sound belittling but all too often do we hear of over confident teenagers boast about their prowess behind the wheel only to discover that later they have a moment of misplaced bravado that results in a car wrapped around a tree. Maybe I'm presumptuous but your comments seem to suggest that you fit this category.

Now I don't claim to be the wisest of people but I do think that I have a maturity and experience about me that can be translated into good advise. Buying a cheap performance car will inevitably result in reliability issues. I would hate to think that you would put an unroadworthy car on the road because your funds don't permit you to remedy problems. Buy a Commodore, they still have poke and will be a lot more dependable than a cheap WRX. Then later when you have better access to funds and also a bit more experience under your belt by all means buy a wrx.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

i say don't buy a commodore lol. boats!

as previously said, an older performance car will not really be reliable, and you need to be prepared to put money into it if it breaks a gbox, and insurance is always a good idea.
also, the more power a car is putting out, the more chance there is of it breaking.
if you're tight on the budget, i'd recommend a N/A liberty. the old turbo cars will require constant attention and maintenance; an N/A is reliable in comparison.

but if you have your heart set on something, go for it... but remember the advice that people give you - as those people have probably been in the same circumstances, and already learnt from mistakes that you may be yet to make.

good luck buddy
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

if your a holden man through and through mate, just buy a holden. Coz if you buy a wrx you'll end up staying with one!

=D
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
way to beat down on me guys hahaa
instead how about suggestions for a different car then?
maybe r32 or 180sx?
anyone got a nice liberty that they want to offer me?
if you dont go for a rex

i have a red 91 180sx i might be willing to offload, SR20DET, fmic, zorst, pod, boost controller, stereo 17" rims etc. 10k. in pretty good nick

Last edited by Adr3naL1N; 07-09-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:

^ Enough said.

So you are (statistically) even more likely to do this when you have a friend/friends in the car. Add to this, a mere 6 months experience... AND a wrx... Recipe for disaster.

The numbers dont lie mate, 18 - 25 year olds ARE the most likely to die in a motoring accident, due to inexperience, peer pressure, over-confidence.

Add to this, WHY do you think WRX/Sti insurance IS sooooo high these days??? Because said age bracket has bitten off more than they can chew - since the mid 90's.

Buy a corolla/lancer/323 or something.

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
my wrx is tree tinsel