Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

bizrex at standard level

i bought a 99wrx as my first car after months of hard saving and havn't had an accident or any traffic infringements. I reckon save up and buy a low km gc8 with no or little mods and give the car respect.
btw i am selling my wrx
Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Going quick does not equal great driver.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Scoobie Noobie

D0WNREX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper89 View Post
if your a holden man through and through mate, just buy a holden. Coz if you buy a wrx you'll end up staying with one!

=D
I'm always up to trying new things haha
Old 07-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Going quick does not equal great driver.
i know, but like "bizrex" just said above he hasnt had an accident or infringement ever. I thought you all would be encourage me to get a wrx for a first car!
more likely to go sideways into a poll in a rear wheel drive V8 or turbo car than i am in a rex. you got to be doing somethin on the limit to plough a rex off course. It will sound kind of harsh, but you can not say anything about driving ability untill you have seeen/been in the car with the person.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

Jim621 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WNREX View Post
you got to be doing somethin on the limit to plough a rex off course.
Exactly mate, if you lose it in a wrx, you are more than likely going alot quicker than if you were driving a boat ..(..i mean commodore..)...so you are going to do alot more damage to yourself, your car, and heaven forbid a pedestrain or other motorist.

be happy with a NA silvia or AE86 or similar.....you can have probably more 'fun' in one of those than you can in a wrx anyway!

my first car was a $200 gemini.....start at the bottom and work your way up!

Steve.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

i did feel pretty welcome in this forum.
but im gettin somewhat of the impression that you guys have somethin against young guys that want to get into a wrx!
is this some exclusive club that im not aware of that young guys arnt allowed to have them?

and i have started low, i've owned a 80's subaru wagon, some old 4wd piece of poo hahaa. and been in a excel for around a year now.
you think a mid 90's wrx is too good for a young bloke thats been saving up since he was 14 so he could get a decent car when he had the oppurtunity to.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

scoobygez at standard level

I think your really missing the point here, you dont become a good driver overnight it takes time...

What the guys are saying is build your experience up first with something sensible then move onto a wrx, by a impreza rx?? and make it look like a turbo??

Either way a wrx for an inexperienced driver isn't a good idea no matter how good you are at need for speed and juiced....
Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobygez View Post
What the guys are saying is build your experience up first with something sensible then move onto a wrx, by a impreza rx?? and make it look like a turbo??
Good advice here. In slow to change WA inexperienced drivers can still have turbo cars. In NSW and Vic they have been banned for provisional (first 3 years) drivers for a quite a few years. It would be easy for the guys on here to suggest a WRX, hell there are heaps for sale here but most of us would rather see you as a PWRX member in 5 years time, not an RIP sticker on the back of a mates car.

I rate myself as a good driver and did when I was on Ps as well, but if I had a WRX or similar I would have struggled. Had a few minor dramas with my old XF falcon as it was.

Your choice but no matter how good you are at driving high performance cars are not for the inexperienced.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

Quote:
more likely to go sideways into a poll in a rear wheel drive V8 or turbo car than i am in a rex. you got to be doing somethin on the limit to plough a rex off course. .
Hey man, all wheel drives come unstuck too! And people panic and counter steer too much then it grips and goes in that direction. Fast.

What is your dream car?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
i did feel pretty welcome in this forum.
but im gettin somewhat of the impression that you guys have somethin against young guys that want to get into a wrx!
is this some exclusive club that im not aware of that young guys arnt allowed to have them?

and post 24:

i know, but like "bizrex" just said above he hasnt had an accident or infringement ever. I thought you all would be encourage me to get a wrx for a first car!
more likely to go sideways into a poll in a rear wheel drive V8 or turbo car than i am in a rex. you got to be doing somethin on the limit to plough a rex off course. It will sound kind of harsh, but you can not say anything about driving ability untill you have seeen/been in the car with the person.
Bold point one: Yes. Well, maybe some do, some dont. At least I do. See post 20 for further clarification. Ranting on about racing go-karts/moto-x/lawnmowers/whatever in your youth, is irrelevant. Stop being close minded, were trying to offer you constructive, safety based advice. Perhaps it might even save your life.

Bold point two: Ummm no. Inherent understeer in OEM car design/suspension componentry... means you quite often DONT have to be 'on the limit/s', to find the limits of said components as well.

We cant stop you buying one, and well, good luck if you do. Dont drive near me on a cruise. We're only trying to help. Welcome to the club.

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
my wrx is tree tinsel