Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree142Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2012, 08:53 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAYJAY View Post
Im not going to blaim evo r for lack of power but they have left few things loose and parts missing..

Im going to do a leak down and comp test though
quoted for factual content..enough said in this thread
Old 23-08-2012, 09:24 PM
STI Master

SweLLy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAYJAY View Post
But 1 thing i must admit, my threads i do create can get carried away :P
Atleast we're all friends now.
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Just to put it plain and simple.

Ajayjay's car came in with a turbo timer harness loose on his vehicle. This harness was left over from him or the prev owner, I do not know.

His vehicle had come in for a turbo swap and a tune.

Vehicle's ignition came on n off while it was on the Dyno and Warick already pointed at the loose wire for him to rectify as AJ ia a mechanic.

I had to drive to ozzy park at night to rectify his ignition harness for him to get his vehicle going. I did it on my own accord.

Also, the autronics does not require the 02 plugged in, whoever the hero mentioned before.

The Chinese made turbine did not want to give more boost.

Anything else we left loose?
MattuZ likes this.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Russ: Vipec is a proper ecu upgrade with live tuning. Why do u think it is unecessary? TBH, we make a better living selling a flash than selling a Vi-pec.

Guys, Evolution R goes about its business honestly and morally. Most of you here who have bagged Evolution R has had no business dealings with us at all, while those who have dealt with us already know that we do good work.

Last edited by mao; 24-08-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: unecessary
Old 23-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

AJAYJAY at standard level

Silicone intake pipe, the side that bolts onto the pod filter, a 65-89mm hose clamp was missing, plastic clip that holds the under dash panel under the steer wheel was missing.

but one thing i didnt understand mao that like u said the car died twice on the dyno due to broken solder from the alarm system, how come neither yourself or warick repair this fault?

another thing was i booked the car in with you on the 14th of last week, dropped the car off the day before so the turbo wouldnt be hot for the 14th, but the car didnt get started on till the friday, but one thing pissed me off was that i see your customers on the forums saying they got stuff done on the 15th 16th 17th and 18th, it was like my car was left last for some unknown reason
Old 23-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

We started on your car, but the Chinese turbo u supplied did not have all the right parts. We had to get a braided oil line fabricated which delayed more time.
We're did not want make your car immobile until the hose was ready. I cannot turn away other work while waiting for a hose that was never supplied.

And dude, plastic clip under the dash has nothing to do with us.
We pointed the wire to you as we thought u were a mechanic and would be able to fix it yourself, thereby we don't have to charge u more.

The air filter was never removed for the turbine change, it doesn't need to be removed.

Also, I just got off the phone with Warick and he had already communicated to you about the timing belt job u did on the car. The car's timing is off and is not producing enough vacuum.

Anything else?
Old 23-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
We started on your car, but the Chinese turbo u supplied did not have all the right parts. We had to get a braided oil line fabricated which delayed more time.
We're did not want make your car immobile until the hose was ready. I cannot turn away other work while waiting for a hose that was never supplied.

And dude, plastic clip under the dash has nothing to do with us.
We pointed the wire to you as we thought u were a mechanic and would be able to fix it yourself, thereby we don't have to charge u more.

The air filter was never removed for the turbine change, it doesn't need to be removed.

Also, I just got off the phone with Warick and he had already communicated to you about the timing belt job u did on the car. The car's timing is off and is not producing enough vacuum.

Anything else?
Yeah Mao, something else...

How on gods-green-earth do you remember everything that goes on in that shop to the most drastic detail

It's a crazy house, I get confused when warick tells me the jobs for just before lunch... Let alone the whole day, week, etc!
Old 23-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

AJAYJAY at standard level

Sorry mao, i know my car and i know what was missing or what, yes im a mechanic, and if i saw something that wasnt right, id get the advisor to contact the customer and notify them and alert them it will need to be repaired

Not tell me to wiggle wires under the dash to get it working..not very professionel... Would of taken a whole 5 mins to cut, rewire and solder..one simple phone call wouldnt of hurt

And yes i did talk to warick about those things..but before i came back the second time i checked my timing belt marks and it was all ok
Old 23-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Why don't you sort it out by PM, otherwise it's just a slanging match!!
Dan [GTI] and drewgong like this.
Old 23-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

I can't remember everything dude. That's why I always consult Warick if an issue arises.

We are unlike workshops who charge without a conscience. That's why we are always very busy and as Russ described: disorganised lil shop.

We are not glamorous shop, but I am hell proud as a qualified engineer to be working beside Warick who has been with Motec, Petronas, V8 Supercars, TMR and Sprintex. With a tuner like that, I myself will think twice before I fault him, so I choose to consult him.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [WRX CS Evo 7] View Post
Yeah Mao, something else...
Very
How on gods-green-earth do you remember everything that goes on in that shop to the most drastic detail

It's a crazy house, I get confused when warick tells me the jobs for just before lunch... Let alone the whole day, week, etc!
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Closed Thread

Tags
continues, gc8, love, white