Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree287Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Nah just normal supply and demand mods, all fuel lines are standard besides the surge tank. And yes I was told to regularly swap between the two fuels to flush the system.

I checked all the soft lines on the car when I installed the surge tank and I could see no signs of damage after nine months of full time e85.

Got to give it a proper squirt yesterday , the torque and response was foollysikbra.

Last edited by nick73; 13-11-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 13-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3 RA View Post
Impressive gains on e85, 4O kW and 1OO+ nm.

Have you changed much in the fuel system apart from the usual? Anything to prevent any corrosion etc? Or does the ability to run a tank of 98 once a month and flush the system negate the need?
It was interesting when the fuel tank was drained on Dean's race car. I think it sat around for 3 years ? With E85 in it full to the top. No signs of corrosion, no signs of rubber hose damage.

Uo date your ECU & go flex ?
V3 RA likes this.
Old 13-11-2016, 02:14 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

I have been on e85 for quite a number of years now. I had to re-do all my fuel lines to teflon speedflow because the ethanol had eaten out my conventional AN rubber hose. The hose had disintergrated from the inside and clogged the filter. I believe it also caused my dw300 to die at barbs. (Or atleast shortened its life) Not only that, i have just discovered the ethanol had eaten out some of my aluminium AN fittings from the inside out, only in places where the anodizing had been scratched. I noticed this because i just went to re-use some of the AN fittings previously used in ethanol but had to bin them because of the internal corroision.

I dont know how OEM fuel hose goes, but the aftetmarket AN rubber hose and fitting must be teflon hose/fittings not conventional.
Old 13-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

The later models have mostly hard lines apparently and only need to change (if so desired) the lines under the bonnet. As suggested above, most people haven't had any problems with those however.

Nick, only differences between our cars is that you have a larger turbo and I have aftermarket headers + TGV deletes?
Old 13-11-2016, 02:37 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Its not just the late models that have hard lines. Its all of them. The fuel lines are steel and run down the passenger side sill inside the cabin. The only stock rubber is where the tank meets the steel lines at the back and where engine meets the steel lines at the other end. I dont know if ethanol attacks steel? I would think not. But who knows. Perhaps its ability to absord moisture could mean it can rust the steel where normally it wouldnt?

It possibly attacks the OEM rubber? But maybe because there is so little of it, the signs arent as obvious.
TROLLEY (13-11-2016)
Old 13-11-2016, 03:03 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
The later models have mostly hard lines apparently and only need to change (if so desired) the lines under the bonnet. As suggested above, most people haven't had any problems with those however.

Nick, only differences between our cars is that you have a larger turbo and I have aftermarket headers + TGV deletes?
Dual vs single avcs also

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 13-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post

Turbo, up pipe, Dual avcs , compression ratio, exhaust path, headers, tgv's, oem intake with high flow panel filter, fuel pressure, & because STi bra.
Sneakynuts likes this.

Last edited by nick73; 13-11-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 14-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Subaru Tech Division

I'm pit crewing with the 'Intoleracnce Drag Racing team' this saturday at the Plex. I will be there from midday till stumps if anyone wants to drop in and say g'day.
Sneakynuts likes this.
Old 20-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Yesterday started well for the most part. Both cars were ready for action. The Batmobile is a proven combo that needs to be driven harder by owner Steve 'pussy'.

The dunnydoor.

First and only pass of the day was a 6.97 et, 1.03 60ft .

Justin's 'pigrooter' dunnydoor has only just been converted to manual so still has some launching issues/tuning to tidy up but goes like stink when he keeps it on the ground.

Justin's second and final pass was a 6.94, 1.13 60ft. Broke the blower belt at the 1000ft mark!!

Missed that run due to being stuck under the batmobile...

Unfortunately after the first pass Steves car became a handgrenade with broken trans hoses, chute cable jams and a starter motor that tried to weld itself to the sump.

A mercy dash to Serpentine to get another starter motor that also disintegrated. We ended up performing emergency surgery and making one good one out of the two but ran out of time in the end.

I had an awesome day with these guys, I can't believe how technical racing at this level is. I guess it has to be when machinery and materials are being pushed beyond their limits.

The shit pile.

Last edited by nick73; 20-11-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPJo1FN32k
The Following User Says Thank You to seagull For This Useful Post:
Tony (30-11-2016)

Tags
betty, blue