Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Lol, put the bong down Bram.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:26 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Nah, no pics
Old 16-02-2016, 09:59 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Got some parts back from the painters today.

Door handles. Sti option side skirts. Sti option rear pods. Fender flares. And i got the regular Sti pods re-done.

Straight into fitting this arvo. Got the left rear and side done. Will hopefully get the rest done over the next few days.

And here is a selection of bespoke custom spacers that i have got to help with making the regular rims look kinda ok while i wait for the Rays to arrive. They are all hubcentric 56mm ID. They are all dual PCD of 5x100mm and 5x4.5". The 1/2" spacers have a 56mm hub flange to fit into the rim. (With the use of hub rings.) And the 1/4" spacers are custom made with a 73mm rim flange. So they fit straight into most aftermarket rims with no need for seperate hub rings. The cool but is that the 1/2" spacers fit perfectly into the 1/4" spacers or perfectly into another 1/2" spacer. So that way i can mix and match the spacers combo upto a max of about 1".

Being an exact size, the spacers were a tight fit into the hubs, rims and each other. I forgot to specify a small amount of clearance into the machineing specs so when they came, they were exactly 56mm instead of say 55.8mm etc. And that caused a bit oof binding. So i spent a bit of time just hand working them down so that there was a tiny amount of clearance so that the spacers and hub rings all fit together, without binding. The amount i took them down was a fraction of mm, so wont affect the hubcentric-ness. Just stop them jamming up when removing etc.

Old 16-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

I will be honest and say I was slightly sceptical in how they may look but now they are painted they are much more subtle. Will be epic with those matte blue VOLKS.
Bram likes this.
Old 16-02-2016, 10:17 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Yeah. It actually alot sits better than i was anticipating. I was expecting it to kinda look a bit more out of whack.

It isnt quite perfect, but its ok. It seems to be a bit wonky at the front half of the rear arch. This is because ive tried to contour it around the lower door panel. Which is actually quite curvy on the STi model doors. Because the flare is pmforced around a cornser, it kinda wants to flatten out the curve as it dows so. And rhis creates a slightly undesireable look. But i havent really got any other option besides cut it off at the bend.

It doesnt perfectly match the curve of the door. Its really close, but not exact. This is because of the previous mention contour of the panel. And also because the door arch curve radius is not the same as the entire wheel arch curve radius. So ive kinda got it where it sits almost perfectly along the gap between door and car. Its really really close in some places. But it doesnt foul when i open the soor. (Just)
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 17-02-2016, 07:19 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Heres a little inspiration.

Maybe i should have done like this. And have the flares stop rather than trying to follow all the way down.
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 17-02-2016, 08:04 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Goosey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Heres a little inspiration.

Maybe i should have done like this. And have the flares stop rather than trying to follow all the way down.
I think I prefer the look of your current ones personally, the ones in the image look like an afterthought.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime
Bram likes this.
Old 17-02-2016, 08:47 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Got another corner done. This side seemed to fit up real nice and easy. The rear lower contour of the flare over the extra STi pod is maybe a little outrageous. But it fits better than the rear arch around the door panel. The front pod is alot outrageous. Its gonna hang down quite low and stick out very proud. Im thinking of getting some sheets of insertion rubber and making up some custom mudflaps and even inner wheel liners. As i know that beautiful paint will get hammered from pickup and stone chip etc when racing. (if it doesnt get taken out by a cone first.)

Ive added a 'Kap Industries' sticker for added racer cred. Russ has put in many hours on custom Yeti Sled hardware over the years, and I am proud to represent the Kap Industries logo. Ive been saving this sticker for a while now, and I think this is a perfect spot for it.

Excuse the lower quality images. Im back to Samsung S3 as my main camera because the S6 is sent in for repairs today.

Last edited by Bram; 17-02-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 17-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Flares look good bro.

Kap Industries sticker is hardcore gay.
Old 17-02-2016, 09:01 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Flares look good bro.

Kap Industries sticker is hardcore gay.
LOL
sounds like your talking from personal experience?
nick73 likes this.

Tags
sled, yeti