Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Stoked to see you doing your own business Bram! Seriously you can kill it because not many people have your skill! It's the one thing most people are scared of. Anyone will give the mechanical stuff a try but electical gets scary!

I told Bram to start his own full time gig after he did the work on my project. No doubt once he gets recognition for the services he offers especially around the performance side of things he'll be busy as. I've been looking for months and months for someone to do my wiring on the ke20 corolla with the sr20det as I couldn't find anyone locally who could tackle the job.
I've looked into wiringspecialties and chase bays engine harnesses which are "plug & play" but that's from the USA and doubted it'll work out especially sr into rolla plus they don't do Link ecu wiring.
I've had one guy from work who's a auto sparky but never showed up, his work was very neat what I've seen at work but a unreliable bloke on rnr lol.
I had big hopes but these things happen.

I've had Troy look at the wiring for me but he was a bit busy with a few things and I couldn't wait lol (you're a top bloke still Troy)

After seeing Bram's post on here regarding his Link Thunder he was wiring up I also hit him up and he was able to do everything pretty much right away once I've gathered all the bits. He came around and we've gone through everything and what i wanted he had even better ideas. He ended up wiring the whole chassis wiring and Link Fury. Basically every wire has been replaced on the entire car + a bulkhead engine harness for easy removal of engine down the track + custom fuse box and relay set up. He provided me diagrams of what every wire does and all the pinouts of the ecu just incase I ever have to trouble shoot anything.
Everything he's done has worked from the get go and a few months on it's flawless.
If you're looking for full custom wiring on your project Bram is the one to do the job and you won't be disappointed. Just as Russ said electrical gets scary so you'd want someone who knows what they're doing. For me anything mechanical I'll happily do it but wiring I run away from when it gets technical.
I've got some pics but photobucket turned to shit so I'll have to upload some soon to show all the neat work.
IanJ, Strubaru, RUSSGT and 7 others like this.

Last edited by DZENCI; 04-09-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Keep posts like that Bram for reviews on a website! If you want a website I can put you in touch with the guy who did mine. Let me know
Bram likes this.

http://kap.industries/
Old 05-09-2017, 06:55 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Keep posts like that Bram for reviews on a website! If you want a website I can put you in touch with the guy who did mine. Let me know
Its something i would like to sort eventually. But little steps first. The buisness is just a side buisness at this stage. Im still working as an auto spark for someone else currently. And only doing my buisness after hours / weekends etc.

Last edited by Bram; 05-09-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:37 AM

Strubaru knows their stuff

just start a facebook page bram, will be more than enough to get you up & running
IanJ and Bram like this.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:29 PM

mARC at standard level

A clearly identifiable, easily read website, and social media presence is key.
Bram likes this.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:20 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Poo. Big order of ETFE cables from Texas, for the buisness last month has been lost in the big storm.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:18 AM

Strubaru knows their stuff

I bet that excuse will be getting used quite a bit for anything delayed from stateside
Old 07-09-2017, 12:59 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strubaru View Post
I bet that excuse will be getting used quite a bit for anything delayed from stateside
I tried contacting the seller. But couldnt get through. Ebay automatically issued full refund.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Had a mixed night at barbs. The good was i was 2nd fastest out there.
I was actually fastest out there all night, but after i left early, i was beaten down to second place.

And bad was the engine blew up. Which is why i left early. I think its a big end bearing knock. It certainly sounds like it anyways. I will know more once i look at it further.

The light bar performed brilliantly. No shortage of light. The softer rear end made an improvement in the rear grip. I think the biggest improvements to be had is in the driver though. That was only my 3rd time on track (over a few years), and while im starting to learn the racing line. I still have a very long way to go before its fluent and smooth. And i know i have a massive amounts of time to be made up in the braking into the fast corner between the 2 straights. And also coming down into the bowl. These 2 corners especially are quite nerve racking as you are coming down hill, and also can be taken a greater speeds than you think. Coming from mostly doing lower speed turns at RAC, (and not driving much lately), i still dont feel 100% confident in the cars ability. But the car has massive brakes and massive tyres. So it can go so much harder under braking than i anticipate and have courage to try.

My best time was a 64.8sec. And i know the car was capable of alot better with a better driver.
Natsoft Race Results
AWDmoke and Dan [GTI] like this.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:53 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Spew about the end .. it was def flying out there tho

https://www.facebook.com/MADTMotorsp...5810600695401/
Bram likes this.

Tags
sled, yeti