Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT View Post
You still need to pull the guards Tino, you need a fair whack of travel if you're going to punt it hard, look at some action shots of subi's on the track to see what I mean.
the gaurds have been rolled Jme, ive spoken to all that i can about pulling gaurds noone can do it due to the double layered rear gaurds. Unless u know something i dont??
Old 28-06-2010, 12:38 PM

nauli knows their stuff

Like JME said Tino, I think you either need to pump/modify the guards or get 235 tyres.
By constantly raising the rear you're also going to upset the rake of the car...ie you will be getting nose heavy braking into corners which will enhance understeer. You really need to have something like 230-235 mm rear with 250-255 mm front to have a reasonable balance (the measurements are from centre of hub to top of guard arch).
Plus you don't really want to go more than -2 deg on the rear camber.

Looking at the pics of the car, the major problem seems to be that the rim offset is a bit aggressive...what are they +38/+40-ish? Also are they an 8 or 8.5?
Old 28-06-2010, 12:50 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

They need to be pulled mate, rolling isn't enough. It can be done, means cutting the guards, adding some more meat, i.e. pumping them out. I don't think the 05+ sti stick on guards will do the job either. You only need probably 20mm width, but it will mean some massaging work to be undertaken.
Old 28-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Like JME said Tino, I think you either need to pump/modify the guards or get 235 tyres.
By constantly raising the rear you're also going to upset the rake of the car...ie you will be getting nose heavy braking into corners which will enhance understeer. You really need to have something like 230-235 mm rear with 250-255 mm front to have a reasonable balance (the measurements are from centre of hub to top of guard arch).
Plus you don't really want to go more than -2 deg on the rear camber.

Looking at the pics of the car, the major problem seems to be that the rim offset is a bit aggressive...what are they +38/+40-ish? Also are they an 8 or 8.5?

I think the car is lower than those measurements to begin with so i may have some room to increase the height a little without affect braking...

Yeh the rims are really aggressive more than i would have liked they are 18x8.5 +30 but the 245 rcomps arent doing me any favours also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT View Post
They need to be pulled mate, rolling isn't enough. It can be done, means cutting the guards, adding some more meat, i.e. pumping them out. I don't think the 05+ sti stick on guards will do the job either. You only need probably 20mm width, but it will mean some massaging work to be undertaken.

Jme if u know of someone that can do this send me a pm as all the enquires ive made have put me into a dead end..
Old 28-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Surely your mates down at beyond can do this T??
Old 28-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

why not buy a set of perrin adjustable rear arms and take a little bit of track off the rear end?

it will reduce the excessive rear camber and with 30mm offset wheels, every one knows that you already have more than enough rear track, so a little less shouldn't hurt.
Old 28-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
Surely your mates down at beyond can do this T??
yeh they can do it matty but I think to be done properly the car would need to be repainted. If that's the case then I might just save fir the metal widebody. I think if I go to a 235 Rcomp I won't have these issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by type25 View Post
why not buy a set of perrin adjustable rear arms and take a little bit of track off the rear end?

it will reduce the excessive rear camber and with 30mm offset wheels, every one knows that you already have more than enough rear track, so a little less shouldn't hurt.
Hmm interesting thought jeff only thing I can see is that it might bring the wheel closer to the strut??
Old 28-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
Hmm interesting thought jeff only thing I can see is that it might bring the wheel closer to the strut??
not really, only bring the strut closer to the chassis.

end of the day, theres only so much you can do to avoid redoing the guards.

wide body kit it is.

Long live the WRC
Old 28-06-2010, 07:48 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

androo at standard level

think your gonna be doing widebody sooner than you think tino :P
02 Bugeye dakdak
Old 28-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by type25 View Post

Exactly. There's sufficient clearance between the strut and the body to get the tyre away from the guard so it won't rub. It's easiest, cheapest solution and it will retain the current look of the car.

Tags
anymore, back, because racecar, build, clacka, cs = cock smoker, dougy wants to see tinos hairy balls in mirror, elmo, engine, fat, less wing moar sequential, rats, russ's other ride is tino, sequential gets the bitches, tino needs music due to the lack of pussy, top scoob, trainwrex, where is tino?, [tinonot] ?