Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

Who made the metal brake pipes?

I think they should use their talents elsewhere!

The quality of their work, and attention to detail is beyond belief.

SERIOUSLY, they are incredibly shabby and massively detract from an otherwise quality engine bay.

SORRY, but blind freddy would be disappointed if he regained his sight only to see THAT!
Old 22-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

What brand are those cam wheels?
Old 22-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by type25 View Post

SERIOUSLY, they are incredibly shabby and massively detract from an otherwise quality engine bay.

SORRY, but blind freddy would be disappointed if he regained his sight only to see THAT!

Please point out what's so wrong with them?
Old 22-11-2009, 07:07 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

androo at standard level

Quote:

you sir are a retard two brake companies didnt even want to touch this relocation conversion, they said they can do it but didnt wanted to do it, enzed and hose master said the same they can do it but didnt wanted to do it and mani ended up having to do it amongst other things in a short period of time considering he has never had to make brake lines from scratch i believe he did a good job if you can top a better job rip them out and show us how its done
02 Bugeye dakdak
Old 22-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

I am saying it looks like it was done by someone with NO pride in their work.

If this was you^^?? I can understand that you would be upset,
I am just saying that I think you could have done better, considering the standard of presentation on the rest of the engine bay.

it looks as though they were hand bent, the straight parts are wavey, and there is no type of clip securing them.

grouped lines should be parallel and supported by each other and/or the body.

where the lines run through a hole there should be a grommet or some other means of protecting them.

At a quick glance from these photos I picked up on this standard of workmanship.

Have a look at the photos of the fuel system in the boot of ramons 'RW, that is the standard of quality that hard lines should be built to.
I understand that the type of fittings will differ between fuel and brake systems but the quality of workmanship shouldn't.

After all brakes are somewhat important, as they are relied on to STOP the car!

AND, by the way I have no intentions of "ripping them out and showing you how it is done", because you were payed to do them, I was not!

Last edited by type25; 22-11-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 22-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

creampie at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by androo View Post
you sir are a retard two brake companies didnt even want to touch this relocation conversion, they said they can do it but didnt wanted to do it, enzed and hose master said the same they can do it but didnt wanted to do it and mani ended up having to do it amongst other things in a short period of time considering he has never had to make brake lines from scratch i believe he did a good job if you can top a better job rip them out and show us how its done
Well said piggy!Nobody in Perth wanted to even touch the brake lines,Manni did an awesome job on them and did them in time for Tino to pick up the car Saturday morning so he could put the motor in.Tino was more than happy with the end result and even if he wasn't,He is more than welcome to come back so we can fix anything that he isnt happy with!If you can tell me ANY other shop in Perth that would have Plated,Painted and custom made all the brake lines and Fuel lines in 3 weeks,Please let me know!And this isnt the only wrx having the abs unit hidden with custom brake lines made so guess we're doin sumtin right!
Old 22-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

So you rushed it, it shows!

SORRY princess(s).

It is obvious that you can't handle CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Also where the pipes are running along the chassis rail, and the ABS unit itself should be suitably shielded so that the are protected if a tyre ever fails.
Old 22-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

creampie at standard level

Quote:
So you rushed it, it shows!

SORRY princess(s).

It is obvious that you can't handle CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Also where the pipes are running along the chassis rail, and the ABS unit itself should be suitably shielded so that the are protected if a tyre ever fails.
We didn't rush shit!The lines were bent PROPERLY and PROFESSIONALY!I can handle constructive criticism,But not from someone who doesn't know what there on about!End of the day Tino is happy with the job and we have another wrx to finish,So feel free to come say hi at Motorvation and point out where we were apparently 'unprofessional'!
Old 22-11-2009, 08:44 PM

Elrico at standard level

Im pretty sure Type25 knows what hes on about, lol. Anyway, good job Tino looking pretty mint mate. Sorry i have not been following this as religiously as others but seeing as the old 2.5 failed (i think, unless im wrong) is this a rebuilt 2.5ltr or is it a fresh 2ltr? Sorry mate, its a big build!
Old 22-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

hahaha Settle guys..

Geoff, as the lads have stated 3 companies threw this into the too hard basket and even one company enzed actually came out and spent two hrs umming and arring on thursday then decided it was too hard. Time constraint meant i ahd to have the car by sat at the latest to install the engine otherwise there was going to be some big delays in the build progress.

I think that Manni has done a great job given the time contraits posed to him. He stayed back until 10pm that friday night and also pulled strings to get the 3/8 fuel bent up off the car. So much appreciated.

I however do see your point that the lines in the engine bay could be neater, this im sure Manni will sort out for me when the car goes back there for the fuel system.. They could be much straigter and sit on top of eachother so that when seeing them straight on there is only one line. But this isnt a huge issue in my book, and easily rectified at any stage. There is supposed to be a grommet there and that will also get sorted. On the other engine bay line there is a grommet installed, so its not as if it was installed dodgy..

As for the remaining lines they are all hidden so if there not perfectly straight is not a problem to me. LF i will get to to make a shield for the lines for the just in case..

Hope that clears a few things up..

Tags
anymore, back, because racecar, build, clacka, cs = cock smoker, dougy wants to see tinos hairy balls in mirror, elmo, engine, fat, less wing moar sequential, rats, russ's other ride is tino, sequential gets the bitches, tino needs music due to the lack of pussy, top scoob, trainwrex, where is tino?, [tinonot] ?