Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Classic thread is classic!

I love when people try to explain double clutching/heel toeing without knowing why they are doing it...
Old 15-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Subaru Tech Division

damo at standard level

that was an awsom read!!! keep it up hahahaha but sux bout ur box johan
Old 15-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag
After the comments you have have showing how stupid you really are, I am quite happy to set a time and date.

Is woop ass wednesdays still on? or shutdown for the rainy season?

If it is, how about this wednesday? you, me and no bullshit.
I say we all go down (when and IF blacklistedwrx) puts his money where his mouth is.
Old 15-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Subaru Tech Division

damo at standard level

im keen for that :d love to see a v8 get spanked hahaha let us no when its on
Old 15-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Noobs.

For the guy who's car is stuck in second gear regarless of gear selector position.....Your second gear driven has siezed to the output shaft, it happens sometimes. If you're lucky it can be pressed off, repaired and refitted with minimal new parts. the reason your car stops when you select another gear is that if 2 gears are selected at once it effectively locks the transmission. Causes can be blocked oil holes due to debris or crappy oil, or leaving the car idling for too long. When a 5 speed* WRX is idling, 1st and 2nd are running on plain bushes (no bearings) the oil supply to these bushes relies on splash from the centre diff turning. When the car is stationary, so is the centre diff, hence no oil to the bushes.

*does not apply to 6 speeds, however the oil pump in them is inoperable at idle also.

Maybe BlacklistedWRX could expand on my brief explanation? He seems pretty clued up.
Old 15-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

So when warming up a car, gearbox wise it would be better to stay off boost and drive it calmly? I take it the 6 speed doesnt use the splash from the diff rather a seperate feed?
Old 15-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
So when warming up a car, gearbox wise it would be better to stay off boost and drive it calmly? I take it the 6 speed doesnt use the splash from the diff rather a seperate feed?
If you hold the clutch in the box isn't turning at all, it's fine. But long periods of clutch out idling, especially if the car hasn't been used for a while or immediately after gearbox work should be avoided. Better to just drive off leisurely as you said.

6 speeds are pressure fed any time the car is moving. There is an oil pump running off the front of the centre diff that circulates oil to all the vitals. On Spec C models there is even an external oil cooler.
Old 15-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

has he been banned yet? Please do!

Your a complete fucking idiot, go crash your falcon into a tree please

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 15-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Scoobie Noobie

BlacklistedWRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag
After the comments you have have showing how stupid you really are, I am quite happy to set a time and date.

Is woop ass wednesdays still on? or shutdown for the rainy season?

If it is, how about this wednesday? you, me and no bullshit.

note that I am so confident, Im actually picking the genre out of the lot you suggested that would actually give you the most advantage. drag racing.

I would have a great laugh circuit racing against someone who doesn't even know the difference between double clutching and heel toeing...
Mate if your car can do 10seconds in a quarter mile then bring it on. I would hate for you to blow a gearbox in the process so make your decisions carefully.
As for traction, that wont be a problem with 275 semi slicks at the rear. Combine this with swaybars, nolathane bushes, koni shocks and springs you would might want to give up after lap 1 before you get lapped.
I have a WRX as a daily driver hence why im on this forum to share my knowledge with others. My XR8 has been modified since the post with a stroker, cam, heads, etc.. and is just about ready to hit the track. Sorry if i came out a bit too offensive but i thought that this bloke was asking for it after he has blown 2 gearboxes doing stupid shit. As for me blowing gearboxes, engines, turbos, etc.. in the WRX, it was a joke and i thought someone with half a brain would be able to figure that out.
I drive a manual with a T56 conversion FYI. I heel toe at the track for numerous reasons, no need to have a go at me if i mixed it up with double clutch downshifting, im not the one blowing gearboxes on a regular basis.
Old 15-03-2009, 03:37 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

jOh4n at standard level

...interesting read so far to say the least.

for starters, i never said i am a good driver (hence the title!!!) so mate all u are really doing is stating the obvious.well done.
its being a learning curve this car. i came from a background of RWD nissans where the gearbox & drivetrain are much more stronger, and being rwd only there was less torque shock loading on those gearboxs then say in comparison to a awd gearbox. was I naive in thinking i can treat these awd drivetrains in the same way. yes, but again, its all a learning expirence. the first time i killed it, it wasnt from downshifting, so i am not sure where u got that assumption from.

k, thats enough of that. to everyone else thanks for all your advice and support. its being a lesson learnt, but as they say "play the game, know the rules"

6 speed ftw! will be seeing you in bout 7 weeks dougie lol

Tags
driving, fail