Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza View Post
I'd say the reason they are taking "offers" on these before they are assessed is so they have a nice stack from Joe public to,
A, chose the highest sucker bid
B, hound those new potential customers whom they know are in the market for a car
I'd let them keep their poxy cars and either repair them or put them out to auction........see what prices they get for them then.
Having sat for the car salesman's certificate (but never used it) I have even less respect for them than I did before, you walk into that classroom and throw any ethics you had out the window, we had some slimy little Nissan dealer teach our group & all we got was how good he was at ripping people off.
hahaha yes his name is Cyril Hondris and bores you with 25 years worth of war stories on how to rip off myer clothes salesmen and haggling down butter at coles or some shit.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
That's the way you and I think John, but half of the tards that come to yards see that you have the pinky as $50K instead of the $60K so they still try and low ball you another $10K because the "Stealership" will still be making money.

If you get pen to paper then you know they are serious. When I bought our Prado, they wanted $60K for it, he filled out the Offer to Purchase at $60K, got me to sign, before I did, I scribbled out the $60K and wrote $50K and signed, the negotiations began because he knew I was buying if we could reach a deal.

I ended up paying $54K and got $3K more trade for the CX7 so it was a good deal in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Or just rock up with a blank signed cheque.. money talks.

Thats how I got both of our WRX's for cheap cheap (thousands less than the new "drive away" price).
Let's just say, I walked into SOP with a blank cheque to buy 2 x STi's. Was told to just sign up, no one makes offers, no one does deals. Told them to jam that. Then was told to make an offer. Did that, paperwork put infront of me to purchase a vehicles (not put an offer in) for full RRP. Told them no, I want a good price for buying two before I sign up to buy anything. Again told nothing can be done. Found it hard to even get a test drive. Guy didn't even know what DCCD was.

Went to Mitsubishi and bought 2 Evo X's straight up. Was given a better price to start negotiations on straight away. Happy to organise test drives etc.

So when I see a dealership wanting this 'put an offer in on paper' stuff before they will even talk that a price figure may or may not be suitable... It makes me wonder what they are trying to achieve.

Anyway... enough off topic... Go buy golf ball cars now!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

i ended up talking to stuart and got a car lined at a price i was prepared to pay.

if people were serious, they would go down, have a look, and put a reasonable offer on a car.

worst they can say is no, and your no worse off.

standing back and armchair'ing a sale through the internet is usually the last way to snag a bargin, use ebay instead!

Long live the WRC
Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Yes, takes his 3 suits into Myer which he bought elsewhere and asks for alterations because there is a sign on the wall saying FREE ALTERATIONS.
Even though he gives you the answers as you go through the course he actually failed me the first time because I questioned his morals (lack of) in class, I think I was the first to fail in 3yrs, I missed by half a point & it was quite funny watching his face when I demanded to see the marked paper & the way he had marked it lol.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza View Post
Yes, takes his 3 suits into Myer which he bought elsewhere and asks for alterations because there is a sign on the wall saying FREE ALTERATIONS.
Even though he gives you the answers as you go through the course he actually failed me the first time because I questioned his morals (lack of) in class, I think I was the first to fail in 3yrs, I missed by half a point & it was quite funny watching his face when I demanded to see the marked paper & the way he had marked it lol.
Did he tell you how his wife is embarrassed to go shopping because he is the king of haggling after owning Northside Nissan and Holden for many years?

Or did he give you all the: if you get a call by 5pm friday you have failed, if you don't hear from us, you passed, just to head nick you that little bit more?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Sir AntiLag

1jnrwrx at standard level
Talking

CYRIL

I have recently done my sales course with Cyril and he is the best,
turns what could be a realy boring course into something very interesting.!

Also the story goes he walked into Myer Due to them having Suits on special,
tryed to get stuff thrown in they wouldn't so ended up getting a free tie or sumthing.
Went to the till to pay went to use credit card And then said "So do you do dicount fo cash?"
The bloke just looked at him and said this is myer.!
And then he carryed on with his have you ever bought a car spleal,
And gave him a card.

Then saw the FREE ALTERATION"S SIGN.!
And told them he would be back shortly came back with all his 3 suits that needed alteration's.
Let's just say the sign was removed shortly after.

End soz for the story book.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
i ended up talking to stuart and got a car lined at a price i was prepared to pay.

if people were serious, they would go down, have a look, and put a reasonable offer on a car.

worst they can say is no, and your no worse off.

standing back and armchair'ing a sale through the internet is usually the last way to snag a bargin, use ebay instead!
If you dont like what is being offered. Don't go or buy.
If you want a bitch, go down, have a look, and talk to them about the car or deal first before bitching about it.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jnrwrx View Post
CYRIL

I have recently done my sales course with Cyril and he is the best,
turns what could be a realy boring course into something very interesting.!

Also the story goes he walked into Myer Due to them having Suits on special,
tryed to get stuff thrown in they wouldn't so ended up getting a free tie or sumthing.
Went to the till to pay went to use credit card And then said "So do you do dicount fo cash?"
The bloke just looked at him and said this is myer.!
And then he carryed on with his have you ever bought a car spleal,
And gave him a card.

Then saw the FREE ALTERATION"S SIGN.!
And told them he would be back shortly came back with all his 3 suits that needed alteration's.
Let's just say the sign was removed shortly after.

End soz for the story book.
That's the 3rd variation I have heard of the Cyrhil Hondris Myer story now.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

From thewest.com.au:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...sales-warning/

"WA's Consumer Protection Commissioner says consumers should think twice before buying a hail damaged car in so-called "hail sales" which have begun around Perth.
Anne Driscoll today warned prospective buyers to check whether the car they were purchasing had not been placed on the Written Off Vehicle Register, which automatically de-registers it for driving.

"A licensed car classified as a repairable write-off will be listed on the Written Off Vehicle Register – this can be checked by calling 1300 30 40 24," she said.

Up to 40,000 cars are expected to be written off by insurance companies after the freak March 22 hail storm.

"An unlicensed car will need to undergo a full repairable written off vehicle examination at an approved inspection centre prior to being licensed," she said.

"In that instance the car would need to be repaired to a roadworthy standard. Make sure the cost of fixing the car does not outweigh the discount on the price.

"Be aware that statutory write offs may never be registered in WA again – they will have a red and white warning sticker and are only suitable for parts or dismantling."

Ms Driscoll said car dealers had an obligation to outline the full extent of damage to a vehicle.

"But once a consumer makes a decision to buy it, they accept the associated problems such as the cost of repairs and a lower resale value," she said.

"In the case of a new car hailed on in the dealer's yard, consumers should check the status of the manufacturer's warranty. If in doubt they should consider getting independent legal advice."
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 07-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...897#post443897

dejavu

Tags
hail sale, osborne, park, subaru