Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Which Subaru?
MY10/11 WRX 49 33.33%
MY02 STI 9 6.12%
MY05 STI 89 60.54%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I want a Subaru.. I'm part of Perth-WRX, not Perth-Evo... There are other cars, but I still want a subi!
Old 16-02-2011, 04:30 PM
WRXRW

my heart says, eventhough its not on the list, v6 + bullshit amount of mods with leftover money, but hard to argue against a brand new car. the mod journey is equally as awesome too, as your finding out things as you go against the cookie cutter syndrome you would fall into if you went down the established route!

11 + pads + springs + flash + tyres = great daily and capable weekender without any of the kitsch of brembo's, 6 speeds and twohsevens!
Old 16-02-2011, 04:33 PM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

my11! unless you buy Boosted's FS 05 sti
Old 16-02-2011, 04:41 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
I've always wondered...for light track work, say once a month AHG skid pan/ Tuning arvo/ No Limits Nights at Barbs...do you guys think a std WRX with intake/exhaust/tune/front rotors/pads/coils will be sufficient? I mean, at what point does an STI become necessary?
Absolutely it is sufficient, infact you will go a lot faster than an STI with those mods (done right)!

You have to remember that most of the quick cars around are not STI's to start with, there are people that say no matter what you do to a WRX it will never be as good as an STI but in reality they are just kidding themself's!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 16-02-2011, 05:02 PM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Is that with the caliper flexing gold shitbox brembos?
OT. What? Sure they might not be AWESOME! but they arent bad. Been used on racecars for years!

05sti. You know you want to do EPIC launches and not stress about the box!
Old 16-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Absolutely it is sufficient, infact you will go a lot faster than an STI with those mods (done right)!

You have to remember that most of the quick cars around are not STI's to start with, there are people that say no matter what you do to a WRX it will never be as good as an STI but in reality they are just kidding themself's!
Serious?

Reason i'm asking is that i'm finding it very hard to source a low km stock STI for a competitive price....whereas stock cheap WRXs aplenty....

OP have you found any good deals for 02 or 05 sti?
Old 16-02-2011, 05:39 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

there are 02's around the place, if you look hard enough. I am yet to see a decent priced 05 STI. They are all holding their value, for a very good reason, but a 6/7 year old Subaru is not worth $35-$40k, no matter how clean it is. There is some crack head on Carsales that wants $40k for an 02 STI. Dreaming!!!

Like I said, I know of a white 02sti low km one that isn't for sale, but if I ask, it would be... it's only an option tho.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Good to hear your opinions. And thanks to everyone for the PM's
Old 16-02-2011, 05:40 PM
STI Master

BoxorBeast at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post

Boxerbeast, What car is it? I'd consider it, however, black is my second choice in colour (ED 82 WA's STI would be an option too) Would much prefer a white car.
No you want a black car Kym It's a MY05 STi.... won't find one with lower kms... only done 46, 000 - at 16k had a EJ257 put in it which died at 40k ..... then recently put in a brand new EJ207 straight from subaru... + new turbo and so far on the new turbo and block has done 4.6k kms

if you want I'll pm you mods list ...
Old 16-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Scoobie Noobie

blitDz at standard level

I miss clicked and voted 02 STI. I meant 05 STI. STI is way better imo. I have 09 WRX and its nothing compared to the older cars. Interior is shit house compared to older sti's. There is plastic everywhere. Not just any plastic either. The hard stuff which makes you feel like you bought a sub 20k car. The depreciation is horrendous as well. Just for a little info i got offered 23k trade in the other week. Mine now goes on car sales for about 30k if im lucky. Regardless of the age if you get a car that was worth more to begin with i think you will find long term it will be a better investment. That said though the ride is gonna be a lot nicer in the newer car. I borrowed Luigi's 07sti a while ago when i was painting both mine and his rims. The only thing i craved when i got out of his was a softer ride and my 6 stacker cd player.

I could go on and on about things i like about both cars till im blue in the face but i know what choice id me making if i could make my decision again
Old 16-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Luigi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Luigi

Buy my STI Kym.

End Thread

Tags
options, purchase, subaru