Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

rada at standard level
Default 07 Lib GT security advice

Hi folks, thanks for welcoming us here. We are finding it a fantastic source of information and inspiration. Today we picked up our 07 Liberty GT so we are excited to have our new car! Before we head down the path of a few mods, we suddenly wondered if the standard security system was decent on that model, or should we be doing some sort of extra things? We need to make sure our new pride and joy stays in our driveway we before we go doing fun stuff. Any thoughts and ideas? Thanks once again to you all for the warm and supportive welcome.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

If it has a Brant Security system I would replace it as soon as you can. My Brant keypad failed recently and have had it replaced today with a Autowatch system. My keypad was not arming the immobiliser so the car was free to start without having to enter the code. The Brant system is extremely unreliable (numerous members on here can testify to its crapness) and will fail sooner rather than later. You can check out Evolution R via the sponsor thread for more details if you decide to go that way or have a look via the link below

Autowatch Alarm System

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 04-09-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 PM

rada at standard level

Howlfactor thank you for your reply, very helpful. Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how do I tell if it has a Brant system?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

My WRX had one of these Brant keypads in it. To start the car you turn the ignition on, enter your 4 digit code and then the car would start. If its the same its probably a good chance its a Brant system.

Mao (who owns Evolution R) is a member here and could help identify whether you have a Brant system in it.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 04-09-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

everyone reckons the brants break on here, mine 7 years old and no dramas.. id just leave it.. worse that could happen is need some roadside assistance. maybe just get it reprogrammed using different digits as the buttons wont be worn and avoid double digits.. ive seen a few stories of stolen rexes on here and none of them have there brants any more.. funny that.. i even had a guy admiring my car at a servo one time and he asked if it had one, when i said yes he said "should get rid of it".. lol, how does no sound?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
everyone reckons the brants break on here, mine 7 years old and no dramas.. id just leave it.. worse that could happen is need some roadside assistance. maybe just get it reprogrammed using different digits as the buttons wont be worn and avoid double digits.. ive seen a few stories of stolen rexes on here and none of them have there brants any more.. funny that.. i even had a guy admiring my car at a servo one time and he asked if it had one, when i said yes he said "should get rid of it".. lol, how does no sound?
no...worse that could happen is brant decides it should cut your fuel controller when you are on the freeway doing a 100 or at a T junction.

19.5psi tune 271.6HP@6000 351.3NM@4700
Old 05-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

or even worse, could happen why im flying 150k's up the wrong way of a one way street! or at 10:45 when im trying to get a mcmuffun while brekky menu is on.. some people live there lives covered in bubble wrap, im down the other end of the spectrum.. if you are going to replace it make sure new system has a keypad too.. smart thieves could identify that its been removed and be in your house stealing your keys. ive read that scenario way more than your freeway fiction.. btw, thats what the emergency lanes for bro! i still think its a great alarm with its intruder awareness system and anti hijack so if it aint broke, dont fix it! invest in a $25 baseball bat. prob solved

Last edited by drewgong; 05-09-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 AM

rada at standard level

Just off to work but maybe I don't have a Brant? No keypad, just simply push the button on the factory key.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
or at 10:45 when im trying to get a mcmuffun while brekky menu is on..
McDonalds breakfast menu ends at 10.30 so No Mcmuffin for you.

All I had replaced in mine was the keypad, everything else still works. Hijack mode etc are still active.
drewgong likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to thehowlfactor For This Useful Post:
drewgong (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

best security modification specifically on your model liberty is to disable the 'open all doors' button on the drivers door control panel

Tags
07, advice, gt, lib, security