Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

nice looking headers and turbo setup. The heat shielding looks very very effective

Bring on the twin scroll angle mount kits FTW.
Old 25-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

GTLeggy at standard level

Thanks for the info Matt, I will be watching with interest on how the M800 goes.

I spoke to motec recently and asked again about an M800 pnp to suit my MY05 BP5, I even sent pics of the ecu etc. They say that they only cater for the STI cars and are not really interested in developing an ECU pnp for anything else....buy a gold box, make an adapter and option the fick out of it was the "solution". There is some hope tho for the pnp unit working with all the AVCS`ness of the GT in an expansion module to run the extra exh solenoid, but thats a definite mod to the software and possibly hardware of the pnp unit. AFAIK the ECU pin-outs for the 03 STI car and the GT are almost identical...only a couple of simple re-pins, but alas the FSM doesn`t actually list all the pins(and they do have wires coming out of them going somewhere !!), so what they do is the tough bit ! Definitely the way to go for your situation with the motec as I would think the factory BP5 ECU would have had a major hissy fit if it could not talk CAN to the ABS, Dash, Body module, Airbags etc etc

Thanks and good luck, will be interesting to see how the engine goes in an impretzle.... my fat arse wagon did a 13.88@98.7mph...before i snapped a rear axel cause of too much rearward DCCD....could have done better with more practice I feel.....only had 4,000Km on the clock also if that makes a diff !.

Cheers

Justin

PS: Strut brace works sweet
Old 25-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Whack a LINK on it. Just re-jet it and the electronic carby will fire that engine into life.

AVCS control? just whack a Link branded spring from the throttle cable to a coathanger that goes around the end of the cams.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Now that I'm back in Perth for a little while I hope to get it rolling in the next week or two and moving under its own power within the month.

My Impreza must have been one of the first off the production line. Happy 14th birthday!

Picked up some front driveshafts in 1 piece from JWS on Friday, so we nipped down on sunday to do a little work. Stace plugged the front driveshafts in while i undid and then re-did the rear struts... somebody put the tophats on the wrong sides

rear crossmember went on, as did one of the rear hubs

followed by the control arms

I'm hoping big time that today or tomorrow we can finally pick up the rest of the rear end (hubs, diff, arms, mounting brackets etc) and then I will be pretty close to getting it sittin on the ground. Stace will be able to sigh in relief as he has been aching to change the clutch in his car for a fair few weeks now

Old 02-04-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLeggy
Thanks for the info Matt, I will be watching with interest on how the M800 goes.

I spoke to motec recently and asked again about an M800 pnp to suit my MY05 BP5, I even sent pics of the ecu etc. They say that they only cater for the STI cars and are not really interested in developing an ECU pnp for anything else....buy a gold box, make an adapter and option the fick out of it was the "solution". There is some hope tho for the pnp unit working with all the AVCS`ness of the GT in an expansion module to run the extra exh solenoid, but thats a definite mod to the software and possibly hardware of the pnp unit. AFAIK the ECU pin-outs for the 03 STI car and the GT are almost identical...only a couple of simple re-pins, but alas the FSM doesn`t actually list all the pins(and they do have wires coming out of them going somewhere !!), so what they do is the tough bit ! Definitely the way to go for your situation with the motec as I would think the factory BP5 ECU would have had a major hissy fit if it could not talk CAN to the ABS, Dash, Body module, Airbags etc etc

Thanks and good luck, will be interesting to see how the engine goes in an impretzle.... my fat arse wagon did a 13.88@98.7mph...before i snapped a rear axel cause of too much rearward DCCD....could have done better with more practice I feel.....only had 4,000Km on the clock also if that makes a diff !.

Cheers

Justin

PS: Strut brace works sweet
thats a fair enough point about the PNP being STi only, as far as I know, their only reason to build a PNP is the GrpN rules state that any aftermarket ECU has to fit within the stock ECU case, so it makes sense. I have access to a much better version of the *documentation* you gave me on CD, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised =) , email me for a copy ( matthew.jones@rcrtom.com.au )
Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Looking Good Matty... Can't wait!!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM

aight. tuesday we hit JWS again and I got the rest of my rear bits. Late GC8 gear out of a crashed rally car.... Bit dirty and rusty but we stripped what we didn't need and took the rest. Turns out i scored a decent set of Pagid Blues in the rear. tops.

bolted the drivers side up, ganked out the good shaft and replaced it with one of staces many snapped ones (no diff yet =( )

fitted the rest of the pink lateral arms

once the rears were on.. we added some wheels!

before putting the car on the ground and rolling it out of the way (stace has been itching to change his rooted clutch for weeks now, and was keen to get my car off the hoist) i had to connect the steering knuckle back up so we could steer it. twisty handle ratchet ftw!

my car rolled over to the side, stace's GX went up on the hoist to have the box ripped out, i got to the task of removing the GX loom. fuse box has to come into little pieces so it will fit through the grommet in the fender

out comes the dash, dash support, heater box & loom! (1.2mb gif just for shits and giggles, welcome to the internet)

everythings out! cable speedos suck major wang

now we need to get down to some hardcore splicing of the GT loom so i can drive the damn thing!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Sir AntiLag

GTLeggy at standard level

Managed to get my MY05GT ECU dumped into verso.....so all looks good for a verso tune for me I think the key was having a running car in test mode that allowed what needed to be worked out/set-up, worked out to get a correct verso connection.

I`ll email you now for some doco

Cheers
Old 14-04-2007, 09:32 PM

more pics from the weekend so far

BP5 versus GC8 master cylinder, the BP5 one fouls on the turbo!

removing sound deadening

letting the dry ice do its thing

when it goes right: big chunks of sound deadening

5kg of dry ice got me most of the car done

some left over that we uh.... stored.

the bolts that caused us some stress...

we attached the passenger front brake caliper with the longer bolt, and it took us a fair bit to figure out why the wheel wouldnt turn... here is a pic with the small bolt holding the caliper, the larger bolt wound through and clamped the disc in place

kye came and helped. we like kye, 'cause he fits in the wheel arch no worries

stripping the rooted handbrake cable out

carlys old rims so i can roll it around

GC8 brake & accel pedal with the BP5 drive by wire pedal assembly, pre modification

one of these...

a little bit of this...

before cleaning up the cut..

test fitting. we will weld the DBW assembly onto the GC8 frame

test fit in the car

and some brake lines

and here is an update to my little gif.. the colours are shitty cause it was starting to get massive

Old 15-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

awsome matty.

love the pics, love the knowledge gained. I'm just too lazy to do it. hehe

Tags
because racecar, project, retsej