Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Sir AntiLag

rick at standard level

Yeah I know the the bottom end will have to be done eventually, but would like to just push it that little further now and hopefully crack the 300hp at the wheels, I have a few friends that can take my motor out of my car at Subaru Wangara. Can someone give me ideas and list of all the parts required to re do the bottom end so I can get all the parts over the next months,
Old 20-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Sir AntiLag

rick at standard level

I have a few mates with wrx and Sti

Wrx is my00, and is 300 hp at wheel,s he just had the turbo swapped at MMS
Sti my07 320hp

Not sure what else has been done
and maximum motor sport wont let me touch mine?
Old 20-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
Wrx is my00, and is 300 hp at wheels
2.0L possibly sti EJ207. Love to rev. "easier" to make highish reliable horsepower.

Quote:
Not sure what else has been done
and maximum motor sport wont let me touch mine?
I dont think it's a matter of not letting you touch yours. If you gave them $5000, and said you want a new turbo, bigger TMIC, injectors, fuel pump and a retune (possibly stand-alone), I reckon they'd do it. However, these guys know their stuff, and have recommended strengthening the bottom end for your own good. The 2.5L wrx EJ255, when compared to the 02+ sti EJ207, is not a motor suited to 350hp daily.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

It all depends on what you want.

If you want a bit more lag, but a dyno sheet that says 300+hp. Ask MMS what to do. I'm 99% sure a STi sized turbo upgrade will hit this.

If you go in asking for 400hp (heck anything 320hp+) the wrx motor will require work.

Remember that a WRX motor is not a STi motor.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

He already has a VF52, which is the same as the STi turbo except for the 2 bolt outlet flange (designed to bolt straight onto the IC). Bottom end between STi and WRX are exactly the same, although the heads differ.

If I were you, I'd forget chasing 400HP at the wheels unless you're prepared to start spending huge money on upgrading your engine, ancilliaries and driveline, as well as your brakes, etc etc. Even with an STi as a base, it will still cost a fortune to do it.

I'd look at the rest of the mods you can do.. silicone intake, IC upgrade, headers, etc etc.. you'll make 300 and a packetload of torque, then you can concentrate on your suspension and some tyres, and learn how to drive the car fast. It'll be much more rewarding and less headaches!

Just remember, a 300HP at the wheel WRX is FAST.. don't go looking at what your mates do and don't have, especially if they are driving something thats not a Subaru, as the numbers always lie when it comes to Subaru's and dyno charts.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:31 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

200kw at the wheels here. I promise you that is enough for a great fun track and street car.

Not all about numbers mate. Go drive the damn thing!
Old 20-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Sir AntiLag

rick at standard level

Yeah 215kw atw is good, but I just want to blow away every car that pulls up next to me, plus I want to start taking it to the track
Old 20-12-2010, 09:58 AM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
He already has a VF52, which is the same as the STi turbo except for the 2 bolt outlet flange (designed to bolt straight onto the IC). Bottom end between STi and WRX are exactly the same, although the heads differ.

If I were you, I'd forget chasing 400HP at the wheels unless you're prepared to start spending huge money on upgrading your engine, ancilliaries and driveline, as well as your brakes, etc etc. Even with an STi as a base, it will still cost a fortune to do it.

I'd look at the rest of the mods you can do.. silicone intake, IC upgrade, headers, etc etc.. you'll make 300 and a packetload of torque, then you can concentrate on your suspension and some tyres, and learn how to drive the car fast. It'll be much more rewarding and less headaches!

Just remember, a 300HP at the wheel WRX is FAST.. don't go looking at what your mates do and don't have, especially if they are driving something thats not a Subaru, as the numbers always lie when it comes to Subaru's and dyno charts.
Indeed. WRX's/STI's dont need monumental power to get them moving quickly, especially the 2.5L's...good low-down and nuts midrange torque (speaking in terms of a street car).

Upping the power anymore = lots of $$$ for the 255 (270-300HP is the limit before things start going boom).

Show your car some corners (at the track) and you'll come to love it even more....and then you'll get hooked on suspension and tyre mods
Old 20-12-2010, 10:09 AM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Yeah 215kw atw is good, but I just want to blow away every car that pulls up next to me, plus I want to start taking it to the track
99.99% of cars will be slower to 100km/h than a 300HP atw WRX, especially with a decent launch!
Old 20-12-2010, 10:15 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Damn street racers.

Tags
car