Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2007, 01:28 PM
WRXRW

whole lot of rock salt! nah bullshit! you have no idea how much influence these type of threads have on people. you plant a seed in someones head and enough people go along with it then that poor bastard thinks thats the way it ought to be.

number of times people have been, for better or worse, persuaded to upgrade to something because thread after thread that's all they read, or worse, a new truth about a product is found out and everyman dog and fleas jumps on it to taste some of that golden spray!

i hardly think its about informing choices, more like reinforcing your own ones!
Old 31-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

I need ideas - The more people dish out the better. At the end of the day its hard earned money which I'm not going to give away easily without a valid reason.

I probably won't listen to most of you anyway, being the stubborn type

Seriously, keep the ideas coming. They are opening up some new paths, and the more one knows, the easier the other decisions will come.
Old 31-10-2007, 01:59 PM
WRXRW

lucas, sorry champ, we have never met and have to be so inpersonal but here is my advice to you. ive done things to my wrx others only dream off and i can honestly say in the end its not worth it. if you really want to stand out from the crowd, trade in that sti of yours, make up the money difference on what you wanted to spend on mods and get yourself a real car that doesn't need anything done to it. I think after 10 years of wrx ownership and modifying ive finally woken up to this.
Old 31-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
get yourself a real car that doesn't need anything done to it.
Where's the fun in that??

I don't think I'd be happy with a car that "doesn't need anything done to it".

Hell, even if I owned a car of my dreams like a Gallardo Superleggera, I'd still do mods to it!!
Old 31-10-2007, 02:02 PM
WRXRW

fun!? whats more fun, lappin in that Superleggera anytime you wish or having a car that's usually, for the most part off the road or riddled with reliability problems! adventure world for the brave my friend!
Old 31-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

Yes you have woken up to this and yet you still keep going.. I have done the same but i JUST cant seem to stop..

Its an addition that is very hard to shake..
Old 31-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Where's the fun in that??

I don't think I'd be happy with a car that "doesn't need anything done to it".

Hell, even if I owned a car of my dreams like a Gallardo Superleggera, I'd still do mods to it!!

an exhaust would be my bet...
Old 31-10-2007, 02:17 PM
WRXRW

i admit ive got a massive addiction problem and it is breaking me hard both financially and emotionally. i just like to warn people from falling into a similar scenario as mine and others over the years. you tino especially can appreciate just how difficult and painful it is to build cars like these yet the rewards are measured in fractions of time. you may become the forums most talked about guy for a week and bathe in your 15 minutes of noturiety but after that, when a week later the engine suffers a bad leak down test and your left with shattered dreams and a very empty wallet! your sleeves rolled down and your hoodie over your head hanging very low.
Old 31-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Sign me up!

The problem ramon is THESE forums and all the rest of them. The only way u can give the addition up is not to be connected to the internet. And that is an essential part of everyones life these days.. I blame the WWW for my problems, i wonder if i can sue them...

But yes i appreciate it (and ive already been in that position) and have thought about selling the car many many times only to be drawn back in again (with this little birdy calling in my ear "your so close to finishing dont stop now")....

some people like the attention and i must admit it does spur u on but i enjoy the speed part of the equation and the satisifaction that i achieved something different from the norm...
Old 31-10-2007, 02:31 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

I do it for me rather than the attention of others...I bet most don't even know what I've done to my car, because I hardly talk about it

Tags
kits, perrin, rotated, turbo