Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Consider the Protex Ultra Streets as an alternative.

Available from ABS in Osb Park.

Speak to Adam & mention Me & Perth Wrx to get a very decent price.

They're also doing a decent Lucas pad to suit.

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 21-09-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 21-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

^^^

i purchased the Protex Drilled and Slotted front rotors as well as Lucas pads for the fronts + rears. They have been on the car for about 3 months now. I couldn't be happier with them. A huge improvement over the stock pads/rotors. Adam gave me a good price, would highly recommend these.
Old 21-09-2010, 07:12 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

blommer at standard level

hi all,

I do have plenty of Intima SR6300 High Temp Pads in stock at the moment to suit the regular "Subaru" 4 pots as well as the STi bembos. These pads have been tested and proven on the tracks by a few local 'trackies' like Zac from Cypher Industries, Andrew from Hyperdrive as well as myself.

Prices are $145 for the IN-1170SR (Subie 4pots) and $155 for the IN-1678SR (Brembos). Both stated are for the fronts and i do have rears in stock as well, depending if your's are subie 2 pot rear, sliding 1 pot rear, my98 rear or brembo rears. PM or call me @0430474008 for more details

As Intima WA Distributor, we do have access to warehouse pricing for DBA rotors and if you guys are interested, i am confident on beating the prices coventrys, perth brake parts or repco does. Just let me know how many sets are we looking at and i will do my best for the rest.

Last edited by blommer; 21-09-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 21-09-2010, 07:39 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

blommer at standard level

A reference from my flyer for anyone interested in these performance pads.

Cheers,
Jian
Old 21-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Vendor

gslrallysport at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
I happened passed Repco today to get a price on some DBA4000's and it seems my fathers trade affiliation allows for a pretty good discount $202 each retail, compared to $166.10 each trade 'this isn't through the typical trade association that most give'.
Was that for slotted or standard? Definitely keen to see what final pricing is like, and depending on volume we'll see what we can do on pricing also.

Quote:
Also can anyone confirm that Bendix Performax have now been superseded by DB1170SRT's?
Ah, nope. Performax would now be Heavy Duty. SRT is a new pad for Bendix, and would be the equivalent to something like a QFM A1RM or Ferodo DS2500. Performax/heavy duty is something you'd run if you tow a boat, SRT is what you run on the track, completely different pads.

Quote:
I'd look into them in detail if they are a viable pad and I'm able to get good mileage out of them (thoughts?) 'also able to source these at a good price Repco was $272 retail, down to $216.70 trade 'will cross compare with Coventry tomorrow.'
Right across Bendix range they're overpriced, even at trade pricing... You'd only run SRT on a car that was doing track, or some pretty serious street brakes (for reasons unknown), and as an alternative we'd recommend the QFM A1RM, which is $119 per set for non-Brembo, and $149 per set for Brembo.

If you're not doing track work, and just want some serious street brakes, then we'd either go QFM HPX (Bendix Ultimate equivalent, $79 per set non-Brembo, or $110 per set Brembo), or, if noise is of big concern (though it's generally related to bedding in....), then the other option we highly recommend, and we supply to alot of high performance European cars that have opposed calipers like Brembo as standard (like Porsche, Aston Martin, Alfa etc...) would be a European performance brand called Remsa. Remsa to suit Brembo are $119 for the front, and $109 for the rear.

Performance of the above mentioned brands:
0-420 Bendix Performax
0-550 Bendix Ultimate
0-550 HPX
0-650 Remsa
0-780 QFM A1RM
Old 21-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Sir AntiLag

Sayers at standard level

Would the DBA4000 slotted fronts + QFM HPX on the fronts be a good combination for a car which does 99.9% street (as in driving the kids to school and picking them up again) and maybe one track day in a blue moon?

Is it okay to leave the regular disks and el-cheapo no brand pads on the back, or should the rear pads also be replaced?

I realise anything above stock on my car is probably a waste of money, but if I have to put all my weight on the brake pedal I'd like to stop as quickly as possible.
Old 21-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Sign me up!
Santa's Little Helper

Addy at standard level

There are many people that do track days on Ultimates so I guess that HPX should be just as good for mainly street driving. What I'm thinking of doing is get a pair of slotted discs and pair of A1RMs and use them just for track, while using my normal discs and pads (currently have A1RM but will change them to HPX next time I need to) for normal street duties.
I don't know what would happen to discs if I just changed the pads and kept the same discs for both track and street. Can anyone comment?

Adi
Old 21-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Vendor

gslrallysport at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
Would the DBA4000 slotted fronts + QFM HPX on the fronts be a good combination for a car which does 99.9% street (as in driving the kids to school and picking them up again) and maybe one track day in a blue moon?
Yep, that would be fine. Just for street I'd probably go RDA Slotted and save a few bucks. I run RDA slotted on my 03 Impreza rally car and yet to have any problems....

Quote:
Is it okay to leave the regular disks and el-cheapo no brand pads on the back, or should the rear pads also be replaced?
Ok, from a cruising the street perspective, it will be fine. However (and this is where alot of people will disagree with us), we're NOT a fan of running lesser performance pads on the back of the car because the rear does "less braking". Yes, the rear 'axle' does less braking, but it's got substantially smaller hardware in which to do it with, so the actual 'pads' can work nearly as hard as the fronts sometimes. This is especially applicable for AWD, and RWD cars. Alot of people ask us if they can run A1RM front and HPX rear on the track, and we will always say no, unless it's a very light FWD car. AWD and RWD need equal* pads front and rear, or what can happen is the rear pads start fading without you noticing, which puts more strain on the fronts, then you think it's the fronts that are letting go, and the whole vicious cycle starts over...

* Equal, as in designed for the same thing, ie. track level etc. There are times when you don't run the same pad compounds front and rear (like Comp 9 front, Comp 2 rear, which is the next level above A1RM, or if you drive a Porsche, which also ideally run different rear pads with less initial bite), but the same application type is required front and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
There are many people that do track days on Ultimates so I guess that HPX should be just as good for mainly street driving.
Yeah, HPX will do light track work, you're right though, at 550 degrees a piece they should do a similar job...
Quote:
What I'm thinking of doing is get a pair of slotted discs and pair of A1RMs and use them just for track, while using my normal discs and pads (currently have A1RM but will change them to HPX next time I need to) for normal street duties.
I don't know what would happen to discs if I just changed the pads and kept the same discs for both track and street. Can anyone comment?
Provided the pads are of similar composition that won't be a problem. HPX and A1RM should be fine. The biggest problem we've got with people switching pads is those that are running TRW/Lucas on the street, and A1RM on the track. Something about the material the TRW lays down on the rotor doesn't bode well with the A1RM...
Old 21-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Sign me up!
Santa's Little Helper

Addy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
Provided the pads are of similar composition that won't be a problem. HPX and A1RM should be fine. The biggest problem we've got with people switching pads is those that are running TRW/Lucas on the street, and A1RM on the track. Something about the material the TRW lays down on the rotor doesn't bode well with the A1RM...
That's awesome then. I might just keep slotted for both street and track.

Adi
Old 21-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

So it seems Repco prices changed dramatically today when I looked at finalising (surprised me that they would be able to outbid Coventry and today it was confirmed)

Now these are the off the cuff pricing given by Coventry 'subject to being able to obtain the parts locally'.

I am now awaiting a formalised quote which will tell me what the volume discount will be.

Please note the volume discount will kick in after 10 Rotors are ordered, if this GB increases I will re-negotiate.

I haven't forgotten you Dave, just want to make sure all part numbers are correct before sorting you

Edit: Thanks for that Rossco, but the common theme seems to be that cross drilled disks aren't viable for everyday use and also being prone to cracking.

I've currently got them on the front of my car and had no issue, but after chatting to some of the big end drivers at Collie, I'm going with slotted only.

Last edited by mARC; 21-09-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
interested, rotors