Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-10-2010, 10:48 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
Mate its more the fact that 'she', isn't doing any research beforehand. Most of her threads could have been answered with a VERY simple google search.
But this is a forum, its purpose is to share info and help noobs. I know of many things i did with my first dak dak, I had no idea but wanted to learn and so I tried it out, making mistakes along the way.

Yeah yeah yeah you can search, of course you can, but you can also interact. This is an Automotive forum first and foremost, which has social attributes to it. I think some people get it mixed up.
Old 28-10-2010, 11:15 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxii at standard level

Id like to say thanks to the people who gave me decent responses as it helps me alot.
Turbosmart boost gauge
Turbo Timer

Its a work in progress ;)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!!
Old 28-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
To late for that, the guy asked a reasonable question and this is what he gets in return

How is he harming you by asking these questions and trying to get a little bit of help? So what if he is doing it wrong at least he has made an attempt to rectify his problem by coming to a place that you would think like minded people will be here to offer advice?

I know that you are a respected person around here, and that i have only been around 5 or 6 months and probably have very little right to stand up to you, but from my perspective you went a little hard on this poor guy and it comes accross as poor form from a long term member of a great forum!

/rant
The GIRL asked a reasonable question? Perhaps....

I pull no punches mate & make no appologies, nearly all of the op's new threads are the result of being too lazy to search.

I don't think I'm any more respected than any other forum member & I'm happy to help those who 'appear' to try to help themselves, by searching, doing some simple research or by simply reading a workshop manual.

I simply won't be posting any further replies to any more of wrxii's threads, nor will I correct the mis-information posted by other newbs in reply to her threads.

I will read them for a lol though.

As mentioned before, there's no need for wrxii to generate new threads about every issue she comes across...consolidate it into one "my bug issues thread".
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 28-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 11:21 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxii at standard level

mmhhmmmm
Turbosmart boost gauge
Turbo Timer

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!!
Old 28-10-2010, 11:57 AM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

You guys have a girl on your site that likes your cars and actually has a go at maintaining / fixing the car herself. Kudos for her.

Quite obviously there is a search feature and there is nothing really new under the sun. but if you don't have much of an idea on what to look for in the first place then the search feature is not going to work for you. Not that i'm saying she searched.....

But if you did and if you were new to this game. What would you search for.

lets try seal and manifold
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/search.php?searchid=3211803
With the exception of her thread. not much.

Or seal and intake
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/search.php?searchid=3211819
Again with the exception of her thread. not much.

Add to that all the piss take posts in other threads and and you have your self a whole bag of misinformation even if you did search.

All i'm suggesting is a little consideration for the level of skill with your members.
After all. Isn't this site all about a collective group of enthusiastic people trying to enjoy their cars.
Old 28-10-2010, 12:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxfiend at standard level

this is why i have a low post count, it's too dangerous to speak on here sometimes!
I can understand frustration from long serving members but do we have to flame everyone all the time!
Old 28-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
You guys have a girl on your site that likes your cars and actually has a go at maintaining / fixing the car herself. Kudos for her.

Quite obviously there is a search feature and there is nothing really new under the sun. but if you don't have much of an idea on what to look for in the first place then the search feature is not going to work for you. Not that i'm saying she searched.....

But if you did and if you were new to this game. What would you search for.

lets try seal and manifold
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/search.php?searchid=3211803
With the exception of her thread. not much.

Or seal and intake
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/search.php?searchid=3211819
Again with the exception of her thread. not much.

/Rant /Snip
1. How about using some intitiative and downloading a workshop manual?

Then actually reading it.....

Manifold removal & re-installation is covered in EVERY workshop manual, it will even tell you what gaskets can/can't be re-used....Very,very basic stuff.

Then she would have had said gaskets on hand BEFORE starting the job, circumventing this thread in the first place.

2. Tuna posted a link to answer a fuel pressure reg question in a previous thread she had and she 'can't open it'......It was a pdf ffs.

If you think you have the ability to work on your own car, but can't work out where the best place to start for vehicle specific information is, or you can't be assed finding/buying/borrowing/downloading a workshop manual..........You simply need to drive to a workshop & hand the keys over....before you make a $10,000 dollar mistake & do something terminal to your wrx.

Numerous stickied threads about where to download workshop manuals from.

Search doesn't just mean these forums!

Search for your cars workshop manual online/ at the local library/ pdftown.com etc
Search the workshop manual for remove & replace etc etc
Search the web for DIY how to's (there's truck loads all over the net)
Search Pwrx for help if you get stuck.

And then post what your impossible to rectify problem is, if you can't find the answer.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 28-10-2010, 01:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxii at standard level

yea ok understanf where ya comin from mate ut seriously im sick of some of the shit im copping on here.... like some of the guys have said i dont know everything!! but so what doesnt mean you guys have to take the piss..... this site is supposed to be nice isnt it???
Turbosmart boost gauge
Turbo Timer

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!!
Old 28-10-2010, 01:19 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
I simply won't be posting any further replies to any more of wrxii's threads, nor will I correct the mis-information posted by other newbs in reply to her threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
1. How about using some intitiative and downloading a workshop manual?

Then actually reading it.....

Manifold removal & re-installation is covered in EVERY workshop manual, it will even tell you what gaskets can/can't be re-used....Very,very basic stuff.

Then she would have had said gaskets on hand BEFORE starting the job, circumventing this thread in the first place.

2. Tuna posted a link to answer a fuel pressure reg question in a previous thread she had and she 'can't open it'......It was a pdf ffs.

If you think you have the ability to work on your own car, but can't work out where the best place to start for vehicle specific information is, or you can't be assed finding/buying/borrowing/downloading a workshop manual..........You simply need to drive to a workshop & hand the keys over....before you make a $10,000 dollar mistake & do something terminal to your wrx.

Numerous stickied threads about where to download workshop manuals from.

Search doesn't just mean these forums!

Search for your cars workshop manual online/ at the local library/ pdftown.com etc
Search the workshop manual for remove & replace etc etc
Search the web for DIY how to's (there's truck loads all over the net)
Search Pwrx for help if you get stuck.

And then post what your impossible to rectify problem is, if you can't find the answer.

Dude relax, you need to chill out before you burst a blood vessel!

It's not like the survival of mankind rests on this you know!
Old 28-10-2010, 01:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxfiend at standard level

+1 for fatboy

Tags
hymen, i <3 bob and fatboy, i would break the seal on your intake ;), intake, internets is serious business!, is this for real or what?, manifold, pictures of boobs failing to load?, rossco had anger management for lunch, rossco's gonna pop, sandy vaginas