Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Fine - if he ever joins, make sure we draw the line between commercial & independant.

I don't think we would allow Brett Henderson, Tim Slako, Steve Wisby, Leigh Hines, Lane Heenan, Brett Middleton, etc, etc to post and promote a product under an alias without disclosing it first.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 27-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

No, and the reason they probably dont want to disclose their names is because

a) people will more than likely end up bagging the shit out of them if they dont happen to be the particular "flavour of the month" to the big group of sheep that this forum seems to be.

For once, a product is being promoted heavily by USERS of it, because it actually fuckin works and its dirt cheap, rather than being promoted cos its the flavour of the month...why would the owners of Verso Automotive want it to be any different??

b) So all the fuckin dickheads and noobs that reside on this forum (and there are a LOT Of them), dont bombard them with bullshit....ask me how I know, I sell stuff on this forum and if I had a dollar for every stupid PM I got..
Old 27-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

That's not good enough!
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 27-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

it should be a requirement on the forum that anyone with a relevant commercial interest in a product has it in their sig.
Old 27-10-2006, 08:15 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by werticusness
it should be a requirement on the forum that anyone with a relevant commercial interest in a product has it in their sig.
DEFINATELY AGREED. Blues has a very valid point that needs to be highlighted.

There are appears to be too much conflict of interest here. It is morally incorrect to make any statements about one's own product and NOT disclose it to the public that you have a stake in the profits. Leave the talk and promotion to the users and not the financial backers.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 27-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Sir AntiLag

Darren at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Darren

Ok, I've just read this thread twice (been flat out at work and missed it till now) and trying to understand where the drama is. People that know Pete and I, know that we are not out to deceive anyone. Yes, Pete (Intra) and I are stakeholders in Verso Automotive and yes, it would be in our interest to see the tunes more popular. However if you search the entire database of this forum, you'll find that not once has Pete or myself marketed Verso. In fact, I think you'll find that I've left myself out of any threads involving anything to do with ecu flashing for this particular reason. Pete has posted, but please note that all his posts were factual and based on real data. Why have we not said anything about our involvement? Well have a look at the direction of this thread. We have spent a lot of time working on this project and at the very beginning, it was merely a search for facts (rather then the regurgitated semi facts that seem to infect every forum), it was never meant to be a commercial venture. However, after a quite a few cars were done, word started to spread and we needed the assistance of a tuner to complete the picture. Unfortunately, tuners, dynos and equipment are not free and the rest is history.

I think before the witch hunt begins, people need to ask something, has Verso actually tried selling anything on here? In fact, Verso is a tool for a tuner to tune his/her customers car. At this stage, we do not sell anything to anyone apart from the tuner.
I hope this answers all your questions and I hope that from this point on, instead of looking for the "ripoff", maybe use this thread as a fact collection tool and let people, who I assume are adults and have the ability to make up their own minds, do just that.

Darren

edit: Just read the other thread about the thread being locked. Just to clarify, I too am also a mod.

Last edited by Darren; 27-10-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 27-10-2006, 09:39 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Hey there Darren,

The mere fact that Pete posts everytime there is an ECU related thread and wholeheartedly supports and endorses flash OEM ECU based tuning (be it verso or ecutek) is a conflict of interest enough in my opinion. It sways forum readers into support for this sort of product of which he (and yourself) has a commercial and financial interest in.

To be truely transparent in business dealings, he SHOULD not participate openly on any ECU based discussion where ppl are looking for looking for advice on ECU's UNLESS he makes a formal declaration that he is at financial interest.

"People that know Pete and I, know that we are not out to deceive anyone". Word around OTHER workshops, is that he has already overstepped this boundary in regard to OEM ECU tuning, and there are many ppl who are not happy with his past dealings.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 27-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

just buy a motec.
again, thread locked.

start constructive talk in a new threads regarding the product if people are interested in it.

incase anyones curious, no i do not have any involvement at all in 'verso'.

Long live the WRC
Closed Thread

Tags
ecutek, verso