Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2007, 05:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

skitzyrex1 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato

For general public:
It may be easy to identify the driver from the Police photograph, but if the Police ask you to identify who you allowed to use your car, and you cannot tell them, or refuse to tell them, you are liable for penalties
This is the part where you tell them the 100 names. My friend is a cop, he has no reason to lie to me.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:15 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchey
WOW...such intelligence....*insert exploding sarcasm detector*

The reason I say this is because I tried this. You WILL go to court, you WILL be charged like it or not.

You are the typical 'fuck the cops' attituded punk that they will love to pick on.

End Rant
I was under the impression he was talking about marked and unmarked (that become marked when they pull out the light and siren)

Not pulling over as in Constable noname in his wifes civic, or new recruit jimmy in his fulleh sik VN commodore.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:25 PM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzyrex1
This is the part where you tell them the 100 names. My friend is a cop, he has no reason to lie to me.
And then after the coppers weed through those so called 100 names of drivers, you get charged with "attempt to pervert the course of justice".......... and around the merry-go-round we go.
Old 30-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus
1. They are also packing heat and there may be the chance of hail in the streets... hails of bullets...
Spot the person who lives in Rocko
Old 30-04-2007, 07:17 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

COUCHY at standard level
Send a message via MSN to COUCHY

sorry to hijack the thread.

i was pulled over last nite after losing tracsion comming into a corner a bit to quick, i got on the brake and got off the back on and my back end came out side was send me spinning 180deg faceing traffic. i was then fined for careless driving. i was then told i am that because i am a [P]plater i will lose my licence and have to front cout.

i wasnt given any thing but a fine of $100 no points. what do i do now call the police station and talk to coppper and fine out what i do or do i leave it be. any help would be great,

thanks Rhyso
Old 30-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Not positive but IF you go to court then that means a summons will be ordered on you, the charge will be careless driving as you were told. It was slippery with all the oil and shit on the roads now getting dangerous due to the rain. My advice is don't say anything about speed and blame it on your lack of driving experience behind the wheel in these conditions. You'll still get penalties, but perhaps you won't get reamed over it. Best of luck
Old 30-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Sketchey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
I was under the impression he was talking about marked and unmarked (that become marked when they pull out the light and siren)

Not pulling over as in Constable noname in his wifes civic, or new recruit jimmy in his fulleh sik VN commodore.
And my post included a remark about VN commodores and Const Noname driving a Civic did it????

I made the post because in about 2002 i got followed by an unmarked car with a male and female occupant, the female was blonde and had big tits so I wrongly assumed it could not possibly be cops, and when they continued to follow me through backstreets of a suburb without any lights n sirens going I hot-footed it and when I was doing 140km/h in a 50 zone to escape the lights came out.

I explained my fear for safety and the response was "explain it when you come to court"

I only got off because I rang my lawyer and he spoke to the guys superior and explained the situation. But as the Sgt said to me when we spoke, if the officer in question, hadn't have been unreasonably following me & I did what I did I would have been charged.

End of the day, whether you me or the fat bastard down the road likes it or not, they are the cops, and as long as what they do is borderline or within the law, they can do you for most anything or waste your time trying. The only time you can get them on police harrassment normally is if its one officer repeatedly doing it.

They have a job to do, they put up with retards and scum of the earth, and can't be bothered (nor IMHO should they be) taking shit from some wanna-be tough guy in a sports car that thinks because he spends so much money making his car 'fulleh-sick' ,or whatever other term u wanna insert here, that he MUST be a responsible driver because he wouldn't want to damage his investment & suggests that the cop should have better things to do with his time.

End Rant
Old 30-04-2007, 10:03 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

COUCHY at standard level
Send a message via MSN to COUCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle
Not positive but IF you go to court then that means a summons will be ordered on you, the charge will be careless driving as you were told. It was slippery with all the oil and shit on the roads now getting dangerous due to the rain. My advice is don't say anything about speed and blame it on your lack of driving experience behind the wheel in these conditions. You'll still get penalties, but perhaps you won't get reamed over it. Best of luck
Ok thanks for that, any idea on how long summons will take to get to me, so it is def on my having to go to cought, he said i could just pay the fine or i could go to court if i wanted to fight it but i run the risk of loseing if for longger if found gilty.
Old 30-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Why would u be fined AND get a summons? Seems a little unreasonable to me!

Also as Phizzle said, if you end up in court dont mention speed, say how you are very inexperienced and how much it scared u, that u didnt realise how AWD worked, how you will do driver training at AHG, AFTER you get your license back etc.. Worked for a mate of mine
Old 30-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Guys, guys, guys... I've said it in previous threads and I'll say it again, use the correct avenues to voice your complaints! They're out there to keep those in power accountable and enforce your rights as an Australian citizen which is REALLY what all common law is based upon!
If you have a legitimate complaint, you'll find 9 times out of 10 they work for you... however if you were simply being a dickhead BEFORE an officer of the law decided to pull you over and give it their best shot, having a bitch on a public forum isn't the most empowering thing to do now is it? If you truly feel you have been done wrong, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchey
WOW...such intelligence....*insert exploding sarcasm detector*

The reason I say this is because I tried this. You WILL go to court, you WILL be charged like it or not.

You are the typical 'fuck the cops' attituded punk that they will love to pick on.

End Rant
For argument sake, I'd like to call it a "fuck the law" attitude... and I totally agree that if you display this attitude the magistrate will deal harshly with you indeed. But it pays to remember that despite the mountains of AFP testing and psych profiling that all trainees undergo before working in forces, police and border security- you always get some lemons in positions of power with the EXACT same "fuck the law" attitude!!

The nature of my work does not allow me to break confidentiality when it comes to related cases, however before you think about pulling over to an unmarked car in the middle of the night consider these scenarios:

1) 2007- a man was stopped by a vehicle with a flashing blue light. The driver asked the man for identification and then stole his wallet and drove away at high speed. It happened in just seconds, he put his hand in and took the wallet and he was gone.
CCC Detectives admit to this happening more frequently than covered in the media and WA police confirmed it was believed to be the same man responsible for a series of similar robberies in 2002!

2) 2006- Official complaint made by woman that 2 police officers pulled her over in unmarked car at night in unlit area near Nangarra pines suspecting her of "harboring drugs". After going through the vehicle, taking out the back seats and finally requesting she strip down to her underwear for searching (it was winter), both officers then left her by the side of the road with all belongings and rear car seat by the side of the road. Thankfully another female driver stopped to help her and witness the aftermath... it was really something watching the judge burn these guys alive after uncovering who they were!!

3) No, not WA, but to offer a recent account: http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...696971728.html

I'm not trying to be a wanker here, but I have to say you are all fools if you believe these types of cases do not happen on a regular basis, and you must be pretty new to the force if you haven't been around long enough to take such related reports!
If an unmarked car with or without flashing blue lights tries to pull me over on a dark road... you can be absolutely certain I'll be more than happy to meet them in court at another time where I can be certain of my own safety!

Last edited by subarooboy; 30-04-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Tags
driver, fined, rights