Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

There seems to be a few further misconceptions here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchey

I only got off because I rang my lawyer and he spoke to the guys superior and explained the situation. But as the Sgt said to me when we spoke, if the officer in question, hadn't have been unreasonably following me & I did what I did I would have been charged.
"Well der" is all I could say to that one! And I'm willing to bet you 'got off' because your lawyer demonstrated that he knew your rights, otherwise I guarantee the Sgt would not have dropped any charges whatsoever and you would have payed for it regardless of their error on this occasion!!

Quote:
... they are the cops, and as long as what they do is borderline or within the law...
Sorry mate, but it can't be "borderline"! It is their duty to work from and adhere to the law to wich we all agree upon and abide by in this country, 'borderline' is where the trouble starts for ANY of us... no matter which side of the fence you are on!

Quote:
They have a job to do, they put up with retards and scum of the earth, and can't be bothered (nor IMHO should they be) taking shit from some wanna-be tough guy in a sports car that thinks because he spends so much money making his car 'fulleh-sick' ,or whatever other term u wanna insert here...
LOL!! "Boo fricken hoo!" ... as we always say, "what did they think they were taking the job for- eating doughnuts?!" As I work closely alongside police and detectives I'll be the first to say I don't envy their job, but honestly if you can't take the heat get out of the bloody kitchen!! If it's not the endless mind-numbing paperwork that does your head in, it's the "scum" you refer to that you're constantly dealing with!!!
An officer's job is to remain calm and objective while upholding the law, they are trained for this- and 99% of them do an absolutely incredible job day in, day out. You really think some dumb-ass dude in a sports car should ruffle your feathers after you've been shot at 5 times for example??! Again, if a cop starts using the 'justifications' you've just gone and described above for their inappropriate actions I'd say they've taken it way too personal, forgotten their training, and/or possibly not the right type of personality for the job!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:33 AM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

If a p plater receives an infringement for careless driving or as its worded on the ticket "drive without due care and attention", once that ticket is paid, the p plater will lose their mdl for 3 months.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzyrex1
This is the part where you tell them the 100 names. My friend is a cop, he has no reason to lie to me.
And this is the part where you get a $1200 fine + the original fine + the demerit points. Great idea. Then as Giddy said, the police can do you for perverting the course of justice. Really fantastic idea your police friend has come up with there.

Quote:
It may be easy to identify the driver from the Police photograph, but if the Police ask you to identify who you allowed to use your car, and you cannot tell them, or refuse to tell them, you are liable for penalties.

First, you will receive the demerit points for someone else’s bad driving. (These could be double demerits at holiday periods.) Second, you will have to pay the fine as you will be presumed to have been the driver.

Third, if the Police ask you to identify the driver and you cannot; and if you cannot show that you took “reasonable measures” or made “reasonable arrangements” to ensure you knew who was in charge of your car, you also could be fined. For individuals, the penalty is $1,200 for a first offence and up to $2,400 for subsequent offences.
A long time ago you used to be able to slide out of a fine by not being able to identify the driver. The new law stops that by making the owner of the vehicle liable unless they can identify the driver at the time.

Please try the 100 names thing and if it works, let us all know.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

and as of today, any soccer mum that thinks a loud car is a fast car can dob you in and you can be fined based on their witness statement

because every driver on the road is specially trained to spot hoons!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Get a good lawyer, the government spends millions thinking of ways to catch u out for sneezing, but it has to be proven, so get a good lawyer and expand on your rights.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:45 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchey
And my post included a remark about VN commodores and Const Noname driving a Civic did it????

I made the post because in about 2002 i got followed by an unmarked car with a male and female occupant, the female was blonde and had big tits so I wrongly assumed it could not possibly be cops, and when they continued to follow me through backstreets of a suburb without any lights n sirens going I hot-footed it and when I was doing 140km/h in a 50 zone to escape the lights came out.

I explained my fear for safety and the response was "explain it when you come to court"

I only got off because I rang my lawyer and he spoke to the guys superior and explained the situation. But as the Sgt said to me when we spoke, if the officer in question, hadn't have been unreasonably following me & I did what I did I would have been charged.

End of the day, whether you me or the fat bastard down the road likes it or not, they are the cops, and as long as what they do is borderline or within the law, they can do you for most anything or waste your time trying. The only time you can get them on police harrassment normally is if its one officer repeatedly doing it.

They have a job to do, they put up with retards and scum of the earth, and can't be bothered (nor IMHO should they be) taking shit from some wanna-be tough guy in a sports car that thinks because he spends so much money making his car 'fulleh-sick' ,or whatever other term u wanna insert here, that he MUST be a responsible driver because he wouldn't want to damage his investment & suggests that the cop should have better things to do with his time.

End Rant
Well you wouldnt catch me doing 140 in a 50 to get away from 2 detectives in a current model dunnydoore If they were following you without gesturing you to pull over i would have pulled up next to them and ask them wtf they were doing, and if theyre cops to get on with it and pull you over or you're going to call the cops
Old 01-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

i've had cops follow me through 3 suburbs, i knew they were cops from the word go too so i drove very carfully. they 'pulled me over' in my own drive way!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by werticusness
i've had cops follow me through 3 suburbs, i knew they were cops from the word go too so i drove very carfully. they 'pulled me over' in my own drive way!

Had the same here. Followed me a fair way up Canning Hwy then only when i'd pulled into my driveway did they decide it'd be a good idea to pull in behind me with sirens and lights blazing......at 3am!!!! Fuck sticks woke my whole family and im sure the rest of the neighbourhood. All for a RBT.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM