Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

seen this yet ?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...007146,00.html
Old 22-10-2007, 03:12 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

Haha, that is funny. I was like dont do it, dont do it, eeewww.
Old 22-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Interesting statistics there, especially since the RBA doesn't have an interest rate over 20% like you are mentioning.
I suggest you have a look at this table, especially 22% 8-Apr-1982

http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/Bulletin/F01Dhist.xls

Quote:

Stolen from the ABC.

People also need to look at the 'real' interest rate (taking into account inflation) not just the 'nominal' one mentioned everywhere.

Oh interesting fact - look how the interest rates peak around 1991 when Paul Keating took over from Bob Hawke. Definitely not the 7 odd percent that you have mentioned?
I've no idea where the Dr quoted from the Australian came up with these 7odd % figures. It does not seem correct.

Quote:
Also the nice curve from 96 onwards shows that something has been done right.
I'm not sure if your aware but from mid 1993 the RBA's via its monetary policy adjusted interest rates to target inflation in the 2-3% band.

Don't you think that has been a significant contributor towards "the economic prosperity and welfare of the people of Australia" ?

Remember the RBA's monetary policy operates independant of who is in Government.

http://www.rba.gov.au/MonetaryPolicy...ry_policy.html

Old 22-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

You seem to be very confused with money market interest rates and lending interest rates.

No point entering a discussion here.
Old 22-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Scoobie Noobie

nightrider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
u obviously DONT have a clue....

i bet ur a union official

...gee I bet your a Liberal supporter?
Old 22-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider
...gee I bet your a Liberal supporter?

hmmm 2 posts only....

i wonder which side of the fence u are...
Old 22-10-2007, 09:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

maccar86 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Now im all for living at home (especially since its just like a free / very cheap hotel for some of us ) BUT if you cant afford to live cause u bought a wrx, u cant afford to have the car
i can afford the car, i can afford to pay my bills and i can afford to have a decent social life.

i cant afford a house, wife or kids but im cool with that :P

interests rate rises are going to happen under rudd or howard, so bite the bullet dudes and dudettes
Old 22-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Scoobie Noobie

nightrider at standard level

I find it 'curious' that on one hand the Coalition goes on about how irrelevant unions are, then on the other hand credits them with the power to take over the country.
Howard can't really fight on interest rates or phony national security issues this times, but he will try one more time to pull the wool over our eyes. So he is using the unions as the bogey man this time. The benefits that we take for granted were gained through union negotiation....4 weeks annual holidays....sick leave provision....long service leave...etc. If anyone out there dosen't want these benefits then hand them in as you vote for the Libs/Nats.

Time to consider who pulls Howard (and the Liberal Parties) strings? big business intent on serfdom for their employees and lunatic religious groups. I know who I would prefer to have the influence. Lol.

We have a housing affordability crisis right now and what's Howard's response? PUT DOWNWARD PRESSURE on our wages! What a ripsnorter..You beaut that's really going to help me buy my first home. A LUCKY country?
Old 22-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Regardless of which side of the fence you're on, I thought the worm guage was irrelevant. Is not the whole point of a debate to make your own mind up? Not look at a guage and see who's aparently winning so you can barrack for the leader?
I cannot believe it was a fair representation of the content of the debate anyway, as someone already said, the guage shot to full + before Rudd had said anything. At one point he twice avoided a direct question on climate change forecasts with transparent swerving while the worm looked ready to bust right out the top of the guage! Maybe the audience was stacked? Maybe the worm was rigged who knows. I thought it was uncanny that they happened to have a camera ready to capture the moment the 'live feed' dropped out. Or was that a re-enactment to make the viewers think that it was a Liberal party conspiracy?
Old 22-10-2007, 10:44 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider
We have a housing affordability crisis right now and what's Howard's response? PUT DOWNWARD PRESSURE on our wages! What a ripsnorter..You beaut that's really going to help me buy my first home. A LUCKY country?
Funny how people blame the government for not being able to afford things in life.
Your damn right this is a lucky country...as id be more than happy to see how many of you manage to purchase a house in another country with the same benifits and lifestyle attached to it.
People in china and the like have over 3 generations paying off their houses...and do you think they manage to have a backyard big enough to kick the footy with their kids.
Heres the thing... many people have the opportunity to get a job earning BIG $$ that make affording a house quite simple. BUT, the same people cant be farked to get off their asses and work away because they want their lifestyle they currently have. Have your cake and eat it too? No not likely, but if you want something then go get it....dont put the blame on other people or the government because your too tired to actually do something.

Aussies are lazy as fark! They complain about people coming in from overseas and taking their jobs...when infact..the jobs have always been there, we're just too much of a lazy bunch! Why do people migrate from overseas to the 'lucky country' ?? Because what we have here is pretty amazing and you can make a great life with so much freedom as opposed to other countries.

So, instead of people blaming the government for things... how about taking responsibilty for your actions and making your own difference.....oh thats right, its australia...the home of the "give me benefits as im to much of a lazy farker to get it myself"

*inserts 2c into box*

Tags
channel, debate, pms, smashed