Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

does anyone have a nespresso coffee machine, my girlfriend wants one of this particular brand and tbh i know nothing of coffee machines.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW View Post
holy thread revival batman!

got myself one of these, www.trifectaexperience.com can't wait to give it a whorl sometime this week with the house blend from www.singleorigin.com.au

A very interesting device!

Bunn (now Starbucks) made this with an open ended budget, apparently they were attempting to make the worlds best brewing device. It's a high-tech version of the old siphon or vac pot.. you get a much different flavour of coffee than an espresso, more complex... as high pressure is not involved. The flavour is much like the American drip style coffee. Strong, and if made with proper beans, very good.. (unlike American coffee).

It works extremely well, as long as you keep a spreadsheet of all the variables (and keep your best 20 brewing settings in the preset's), as you can change the intensity, duration, cycles, etc, just with the turbulence process, let alone the brewing process!

Works even better if you use a particular blend long term, its hard to get results when you're only using 1kg at a time of different beans.

There's gonna be a learning curve, but if you get it right, its going to reward!!

Last edited by BALISTC; 16-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:38 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
does anyone have a nespresso coffee machine, my girlfriend wants one of this particular brand and tbh i know nothing of coffee machines.
for the home user, if your in the market and starting out and naturally on a budget (available locally from a few suppliers for pocket change) this badboy is incredible, despite the china tag!

http://www.gee-coffee.com/coffee_mac...e_machine.html
Old 16-11-2010, 04:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
ive got a nespresso machine, its a sweet machine, really nice coffee and really easy. highly recommend it.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

Quote:
for the home user, if your in the market and starting out and naturally on a budget (available locally from a few suppliers for pocket change) this badboy is incredible, despite the china tag!

http://www.gee-coffee.com/coffee_mac...e_machine.html
thanks man will have to check it out, would the local suppliers be smaller places?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgwrx View Post
ive got a nespresso machine, its a sweet machine, really nice coffee and really easy. highly recommend it.
hey dude how much did you pay and where did you get yours from?
Old 16-11-2010, 04:58 PM
WRXRW

dimattina in ossie park have a few of these on display, plumbed in so you can have a play and if your wallet stretches far enough all the way to a expobar minori III for the budding home baristi's wet dream!

best time to go to check it out is on saturday morning's when Ian is around instead of on the road, no nonsence no bullshit approach to what you need and what works best for you.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

Paid 429 for mine from Harvey Norman carousel. I order the capsules online
Old 16-11-2010, 05:01 PM

I'd suggest you take a look at an auto machine.. in that way, you can use whatever beans you want.

The pods work out to costing you $60 a kg when you determine how many coffee's you'd get out of a kg of beans in an auto machine.

Nespresso coffee's arent bad though, but I personally prefer the choice.

Manual machine is always better. That GEE machine isn't bad, but you will need a grinder.. and although the GEE has an electronic temp controller, it has a stainless boiler and runs a thermoblock for steam. Sunbeam Cafe Series would do the same thing and is $250 less, and generally you can get a free grinder via redemption (especially if you wait til Christmas sales).

Also, you can spend just that bit more and get something with a heat exchanger for steaming, rather than a thermoblock, and a brass boiler.

Last edited by BALISTC; 16-11-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 16-11-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
dimattina in ossie park have a few of these on display, plumbed in so you can have a play and if your wallet stretches far enough all the way to a expobar minori III for the budding home baristi's wet dream!
That machine is a winner, even better is the Izzo Alex Duetto II they have on display next to it.. definitely my next machine.

It's a step above the Expobar, but so is the price!
Old 16-11-2010, 05:40 PM
WRXRW

yeah had a play, very nice, it got my mcnuggets a tingling!

they have a few customers forking out serious coin for topline la marzocco's just for home use, now that's baller. word on the street, very soon a "la strada" is joining them and i hear someone is bringing a Slayer to Perth....can you imagine people rocking up with USB sticks loaded with profile settings and all out LAN coffee battles!

Tags
coffee, machines