Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Nice topic Scottie.

I tipped the scale at my heaviest at 110kg. After 2 partial knee reconstructions and 9 knee dislocations i stopped playing footy and doing surf lifesaving, but i guess, maintained my eating habbits, and with the lack of excerise, i stacked the weight on.

Joined the gym back in 2005/2006 and went for a full year, but over a period of 3 weeks, i dropped from about 105kg, down to 94kg after seeing a nutritionist and dietician and going to the gym everyday. Altho, after moving house, and changing jobs, life to got to busy, so i left the gym, and thus, now am up at 105kg again.

I know i am pretty big boned, and my family (alot of them) are large/bordering obese, so i have no aspirations to be anything below 90kg, as i think i will look too skinny. Being close to 6 foot and having size 13/14 feet, i'd say i was pretty much destined to be a big boy.

Also, being a smoker, i know my fitness isn't great, but i can still run fast, just not for long, and I can swim forever still, so i know it won't take much to get back into form. I have been on the treadmill the last week (whilst the mrs is away i wanna loose some kg's) and im hitting the gym tonight for the first time in about 4months. My main problem is, not having a gym buddy. I used to bench 130kg and i am not confident in doing that without a spot, but at this stage, weight lifting isn't what i need to do, i need cardio.

Maybe we could start a p-wrx gym night? Like pick a location and if a few of us are zest members for example, we get together after work, and attend the gym, and sort of motivate each other...? Thats what i miss about the gym, not having anyone to go with, i went from having a group of 4 guys who always went, to having no one, so i lost motivation too.
Old 19-05-2008, 04:47 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Having a gym buddy is fairly important.

Some nights I go down the gym, to open up a door to a cold, dark room .. It's so fucked. I just get the iPod and go through pain in silence.

Once you are in a routine though, and you are feeling the positive effects of your efforts, you're unstoppable.
Old 19-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
so i lost motivation too.

Your a fat cunt, quit smoking and do some exercise.

hows that for motorvation?
Old 19-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I'm approaching a 6 pack at the moment. Lost 12kg using Hydroxycut hardcore in the mornings, No bread, pasta, rice or other high energy carbs. Carbs in Vegies and nuts and stuff only. Apart from that been hitting gym 3 times a week as usual but added in cross training in the form of running and martial arts 3 times a week.

The real key though is the hydroxycut. Makes you really feel like you don't need to eat and you tend to work out longer at gym. Go longer between meals.

For snacks weight watchers cottage cheese on rice crackers is perfect. Milk protein turns off your hunger hormone ghrelin really fast.

So in summary.

1. hydroxycut twice a day.
2. Cottage cheese whenever you snack instead of other things
3. no carbs after 6pm and no bread or other heavy carbs except 2 or 3 times eating out each week.
4. Almonds are 100% protein. 5 almonds is the daily protein requirement for an adult male. So snack on dry almonds instead of chips.
4. Enjoy watching 6 pack start to appear and lose 10% of bodymass no probs.

Always consult a dr first though if your an unfit smoking slob and need basic fitness first. =0)

95kg down to 82kg atm. Can finally do chin ups heaps!

Last edited by POLARBEAR666; 19-05-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:04 PM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
I'm approaching a 6 pack at the moment. Lost 12kg using Hydroxycut hardcore in the mornings, No bread, pasta, rice or other high energy carbs. Carbs in Vegies and nuts and stuff only. Apart from that been hitting gym 3 times a week as usual but added in cross training in the form of running and martial arts 3 times a week.

The real key though is the hydroxycut. Makes you really feel like you don't need to eat and you tend to work out longer at gym. Go longer between meals.

For snacks weight watchers cottage cheese on rice crackers is perfect. Milk protein turns off your hunger hormone ghrelin really fast.

So in summary.

1. hydroxycut twice a day.
2. Cottage cheese whenever you snack instead of other things
3. no carbs after 6pm and no bread or other heavy carbs except 2 or 3 times eating out each week.
4. Almonds are 100% protein. 5 almonds is the daily protein requirement for an adult male. So snack on dry almonds instead of chips.
4. Enjoy watching 6 pack start to appear and lose 10% of bodymass no probs.

Always consult a dr first though if your an unfit smoking slob and need basic fitness first. =0)

95kg down to 82kg atm. Can finally do chin ups heaps!

how long did that take you mate.

i was a chubby checker when i was in high school and lost about 30 kg so far but i still got the belly which i wanna get rid off.

86kg at the moment, would love to be 75.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:05 PM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

anyone here go to zest bullcreek?
Old 19-05-2008, 06:10 PM

RichX knows their stuff

In addition to everything Polar has mentioned in his post, i suspect he missed out a shitload of ab work!!
Old 19-05-2008, 06:27 PM

Elrico at standard level

Rofl hydroxicut. What a load of shit. Do the work the real way, and dont take bullshit pills that cost an arseload. If you want to take speed (hydroxicut) get a needle and do it properly.

I was 96kg, and am 69kg as of now. I hardly had a diet, i didnt take retarded suppliments all i did was do spin class (intense bicycle class) 4-5 times a week, ran 6 times a week and did weights a little bit. Now more weight training but have kept the weight off for 2 years now. Eating healthy just becomes a lifestyle.

Beats the hell out of getting off the gear then turning to a fat shit again. Just my opinion though. Hydroxicut also raises your bodies core tempreture causing your body to burn fat, makes some people depressed and can cause failures of organs just like criatine.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I went on holiday for 6 months and during the second 3 I started to really control my diet and started to lose a little weight each week. Then as I went from 95-89 that was like a huge barrier broken and I thought hey I can do this. So I figured hydroxycut might make the process faster and started taking that and Xantrax or Zantrax as its called in USA in the afternoons. AT first I was finding I was awake at like 3am and I actually went and did bench press session in Hawaii at 2am at the 24 hour fitness. The tablets were definitely having some effect!

After the first 2 weeks on them I stopped suffering the insomnia and just feel like my metabolism which was a stationary donkey has sped up to a normal persons.

Once I got to 86kg I hit a wall and did not lose weight for about a month but my belt size was going down but my workouts were going up so possibly muscle.

Then Its just been a steady steady steady continuation and little by little you get thinner. I was size 38 at the start and now I am down to 34 that is baggy pants on me.

For the people like me who were quite overweight as kids and still had the tummy as adults I think the tablets make a big difference to motivation and ability to fight off cravings.

Carbs are killer for the slow metabolism people. I worked out that my actual energy needs on a workout day were:

1. Small bowl muesli or 1 bagel with margarine only and 2 hydroxycut.
2. Go to gym
3. Protein shake and Xantrax tablets (note this is like hydroxycut but diff mix of gear its not that fat blocking tablet).
4. bout 3pm start getting hungry and have california roll sushi and more protein shake
5. Dinner have small bowl muesli or 1 bagel as before but never after 6pm
6. 6pm onwards just fill up a 2L bottle (diet coke bottles are great) and mix in soy or whey protein shake and drink that slowly until you sleep.

So pretty much when I got to the end of each day on holiday I had had maybe 3 bagels or bowls of museli and a serve of sushi or salad and then probably 1L of protein shake with milk and another 2L with water.

If you don't need tablets good luck to you but for the people who struggle thise gives you the edge and can fix up poor energy levels or cravings for food that you simply don't have issues with.

Last edited by POLARBEAR666; 19-05-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

^^ lol wtf, Creatine doesnt cause organ failure haha maybe if you have somthing really bad with your kidneys it probaly isnt good for you to take it but creatine is in meat and is natural just make sure you drink enough water im on creatine atm and some supplements do help alot depends what your goals are.

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing