Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 03:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

Does anyone on this forum do crossfit?
Wouldn't mind more of an insight of it, really keen now that I hear a few trainers are thinking about opening warehouses closer to home.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete gopal View Post
Got a question for some of you fitness gurus:

Recently got back into soccer, back in my days, as a young lad I used to play quite a bit (saturday and sunday leagues as well as lords indoor) however I've always had a huge problem with my fast metabolism. I started running 4 weeks ago and already lost 5kgs. Now loosing 5kgs for a fat bloke is good...but I'm not fat and hence would like to keep my weight. Combine the running with some light weights work and I'll end up looking as I did when I was 16...fit as fark but skinny as an ethiopian.

The obvious solution to this is: eat like a farking horse, and trust me I do, mostly healthy stuff but I do like my junk food once a week. Is there any products out there (protein shakes or whatever) that can substitute a meal or two and hence I can have 5/6 meals a day and if so do i go for protein over carbs or half/half? I used to take similar sort of stuff back in the day but obviously forgot what it was.
the only way you are going to put on weight is if you eat more calories then you burn. try eating more every day and also try eat things with high fats because fats contain high calories.

mass gain supplements help but i prob wouldnt be having any more then 1 shake a day.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sayers at standard level

Back in July I set myself a weight target of 85kg. I was 90-91kg at the time, and although I'm 1.92m, at 42 years old it's very hard to shift a bit of extra flab around the middle. I eat sensibly but stripping a few extra cals from the diet wasn't going to lose me 5-6kg.

Anyway, I decided I'd do 20+km every single day on my pushbike, using it for everything I'd normally get into my car for. Shopping, errands, you name it.

This morning I hit my target 85kg weight so I'm very happy. Next up 82kg, which is going to take a lot longer. I'm riding more and more each day and it's becoming a bit of an addiction - use Google Earth to plot rides, make a few pathfinding notes then hit the bike and see whether I can find my way home ;-)

I don't have anything special in the bike dept - just a $400 21-speed hybrid from TBE with a set of panniers for the shopping and front & rear mudguards for the rain.

The only downside is that I've only started my car once in the past 4-5 weeks, and the radiator immediately started to leak ...
Old 06-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

I've dropped from 90 to 81.5 in a few weeks. have plateu'd recently but this is due to eating lots of shitty foods over targa west weekend and having some drinkies hear and there. Haven't started exercising yet (plannning on just basic jogging, situps, pushups) as i was hopping to drop some more of the fatty mc fat fat first to reduce risk of fat induced ankle twisting fail. Goal weight is 72.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
...was hoping to drop some more of the fatty mc fat fat first to reduce risk of fat induced ankle twisting fail
^ and to 'add lightness' to the old weapon.
and by weapon i mean your car.

and by car i mean penis.

But wow, that's a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time. And well done to you too, Sayers.

I'm the opposite of you guys actually. With City2Surf out the way, I'm now onto the weights. I'd love to put on 15kg and turn that into muscle. But with my metabolism it is actually very hard!

hmm, lipo from Mat, transplant into me?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:34 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

How is everyones training going? Shredding that winter fat?

I have managed to put on 4 kilo's in the past 4 weeks which is on track for my goal weight.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

has jEstEr dropped into the 70s yet??
Old 12-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sayers at standard level

I'm down to just over 83kg (if I breath out...) and am still riding 20-40km a day. Definitely noticed the increased fitness levels, plus I had to put a new hole in the belt to stop my trousers falling down.

20km rides which took me 55-60 mins 6 weeks ago now take me 40-45 mins, and I'm also seeking out longer rides.

BTW, if anyone's ridden to Jarrahdale from the end of the Tonkin let me know which route you used. I have to get to Medulla rd and when I rode on Thomas Rd a couple of weeks back there was a 20cm shoulder in some places with cars going past at 90km/h. From looking at Google Earth, SW highway looks like I'd be playing Frogger with the trucks.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydn_wolf View Post
How is everyones training going? Shredding that winter fat?

I have managed to put on 4 kilo's in the past 4 weeks which is on track for my goal weight.
Finally hit 80.x kgs down from 90ish at the start of the hockey season in April. Was slow going for a while, but i cut out the booze for a month and that made the drop of the last few kgs so much easier. Still running around 40km a week and have started riding as well just to change it up. I wanted to hit 80 before i started lifting to try and shed as much weight as i could without crazy dieting etc.

weights program has been underway for 2 weeks now, noticing some neuromuscular coordination, am lifting way more comfortably and with much better form than my first session. Considering i havent lifted in over 2 years I'm quite happy with my progress. How often should you jump up in weight? 2 week incraments or when you can easily complete sets? Its been a while since i studied human movement at uni

Im training more so for speed and power as opposed to getting huge, I think ive got my sets and reps around the right area but not sure how much weight i should be lifting.

Also I suffer from a really bad case of right side dominance in both my arms and legs, any tips on how to equalise my strength? I played everysport under the sun when i was young but now i only play hockey which is a fairly neutral sport (no kicking, throwing etc which is heavily weighted to one side) which i would assume was to blame for my right side dominance.

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 12-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Jacobs Ladder = Stairway to eyecandy heaven. Definitely heading back there! :-D been going twice a week and its a great workout.. especially if you add a nice loop up Mt Street and back around.

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing