Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

put your legs up on something like your bed to add more "weight" work your way up to handstand against a wall if your keen. Do different reps of different arms widths, go from wide arms, to shoulder width, to "ace of spades". stretch your fingers out, then touch the tips of your thumb and index finger to the other hand, should form an ace of spades between your two hands. then do pushups and put your sternum on the middle of the ace. Also do 4 stage pushups, from the normal pushup position, go half way, count out loud 1-2-3, then go almost all the way to the floor, holding yourself off by only a cm or 2, count 1-2-3, back up to half way, 1-2-3, then back up to the orignal position, count again. You've now done 1 rep (all 4 stages)

Just a few things you can do to spice up your push-ups
Old 13-03-2009, 10:53 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
Just putting it out there, someone at work has put it to me to get my shit together for the City to Surf 42Km Marathon.

The training begins - To see if i can realistically make a 42km run.

I'm cracking 10km on the treaddy pretty easily with more left in me. Anyone out there a serious runner? I have been reading some pretty awesome tips in Runners World - Guide to Running.

Gonna see how far i can run, but maybe i'll settle for a half marathon this time ..
Aerobically you can probably do it with a decent level of fitness and minimal specific training, but the problems that you would encounter are things such as muscle tears, cramps etc if you don't train sufficently. I've done a few halfs and quite a few city to surf 12kms and 10 km runs with not too much training. Most of my training is 100m/200m/400m for rugby and I do very little long distance. A full marathon is obviously a different story. But don't be too daunted! Try a few halfs and see how you go.
Old 13-03-2009, 11:17 PM
STI Master

reflexwrx at standard level

Good to hear you boys are working out. I must confess that I am a fitness junkie even though the past month or so I have slacked off. Me and my cousins were always into kickboxing and were always very competetive. They lived with Perths best boxer/7 times world champion kickboxer Daniel Dawson. I was training at least 4 times a week lifting weights and also doing 12km runs to stay lean. Before Christmas came I cut out all bad food and went on a mission to be totally ripped for summer. It was successful and I enjoyed one of the best summers of all time. I also enjoyed my fair share of women. It consumed most of my time but the feeling is unreal. All I can say is supplement properly and diet is key. Also if you haven't really done much training in the past train with someone experienced who knows how to achieve good results. I have been training for 10 years or more and feel like I only recently have fine tuned my training. Research on the net about supplements but don't buy the overpriced fancy packaged brands. EBay is perfect for buying the supplements in their pure form allowing you to mix in milo or what ever flavours you want. PM me if you need to know anything about supplements and the best bang for buck when buying them. I have tried and experienced most of the supplements out there.

PS Daniel Dawsons has a shot at a boxing world title in be sure to support our Perth boy by coming to see the show. It's his own promotion and he has set a new standard for fight shows in Perth. It's called Battle Xtreme and is held at the Perth Convention Center. If he wins this fight he will be the only aussie to win world titles in both boxing and kickboxing. I have posted details below...

BattleXtreme 2 will explode on Saturday April 4th!
Doors open at 5pm and fights start at 6pm, tickets can be purchased of the website to avoid lineing up and will be available on the door!
Main Event Daniel 'The Rock' Dawson WBF World Title!
Full undercard featuring bouts of eXtreme fighters battling out for bragging rights as BattleXtreme's future superstars!
Witness XFC World Champions Brian Ebersol and Kickboxing World Champion Nick Kara alongside with a special Muay Thai Bout of 2 top ranked lumpinin fighters square off in an officialy ranked contest under full Muay Thai Rules. Witness Perths own Australian Champions Rob Powdrill, Brad Wright, Erin Mcgowan,Marc Oakes, Robbie Bryant, Andrew Green,Alan Pond, Marco Tenturi, Toby Smith and Ben Burrows.
Guest Appearances by Aussie Joe Bugner, Mathew Pavlich and Aaron Sandilands. With special performance by the very talented Australian Idol singer Mae Sta

Ticket Prices are

$80 Ringside Theatre Seating (starts very close to the ring)
[email]brendanstiling@iinet.net.au[/email]
[url]www.brendantiling.yodel.com.au/[/url]
Old 10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

How you guys going? I'm just coming through 80KG's now .. from 95 6 months ago. Had a few lapses in my training. Eating pretty well and excercising 5 days a week, shit goes a little downhill on the weekend but i prefer to have a life.

Doing about 30km a week running and the rest is weights and core strength. Definitely feeling the benefits of weight loss.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Good on ya Rich sounds like its going well!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:23 PM

Elrico at standard level

Big plus for core strength Richo, its where most of your power comes from. I lacked alot of core work as i only just got knowledge of it unfortunatley. Strong abs are good for the lower back aswel.

Fortunatley im up from 68.5kg to 74ish with size on, little flab but thats to be expected and worked off. Ride 60kms on sundays, to the gym 2 days on and ride 10-15kms on the off days. Protien and creatine cycles etc etc.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

6-10 beers (preferably full strength like James Squires Porter) no more than 5 nights a week
Run your arse off 3 days a week, rest every second day.
Weights/weight bearing exercise when you can be furked. Stretch before & after every exercise activity.

If you feel like boxercise, punch yourself and anyone else nearby.
The resultant running should keep you fit.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

grbelja at standard level

This is my first year in serious triathlon. The last few years I've toyed around with a few sprint Tri's and enjoyed them so I thought I'd progress further. I'm keen to finish the Busselton Half in under 5 hours so my training started 3 months ago. I've lost over 12 kilo's so far and I'm down to 74kg with my height of 5'11. I know run 5 times a week with a long run of 25km on Sunday. I cycle to work (50km round trip) 3 days with and a long ride on Sat of about 100km. I also swim 4km per week and have joined a swim club. I am also 36, married with two children and work 8-5.30pm Mon-Fri. I work within my HR zones and do 80% of my training at 70% with Speed and Interval training at 85%. I am running the Perth HAlf Marathon in a week or so and I am keen to see any results as previously I only ran the City to Surf 12km at 68 minutes. Would be keen to hear if anyone else is competing in Tri's ?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:41 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Yeah i've done a few tri's, corporate events.

I am interested to know how to psyche up my metabolism to the max so i don't have to work so hard and get sore 5 days a week to lose the weight.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

Rich,
eating smaller, more frequent meals will be a big help

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing