Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2009, 09:01 AM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRX
What, i used to own a wrx on about 20k when i was a apprentice. Now i have a sti and a house 3 years later... It tought me to manage my money better.

Spot on

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 17-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHeD
I still can't get over the fact that u own a WRX on $38,500/p.a.

I'd be selling the car and getting my priorites right if i were u.
I built my WRX (GX impreza conversion), not far off owning my house, and have a wife and 15 month old daughter to support on $41000/p.a. What is your point? I dont drink or smoke and live reasonably comfortably.
Old 17-01-2009, 10:02 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

OllieJ at standard level

I find the more we've earnt the more we've spent. My goal is to earn enough so that my wife doesn't have to work anymore and can do the kids thing. With the cars, mortgage and lifestyle that works out to be around 150K a year...

Saying that its not all about the money, I love my current job as a business analyst, look forward to my next career step of project management and I am completing my masters of property. So as long as I'm not made redundant its looking ok
Old 17-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
+2

My Missus is in the Navy, she is a qualified Submariner (one of the first the RAN had). Now is on a shore posting doing 7 hour days 5 days a week, she has just re-signed for 18 months, got a $60K bonus for doing so and is on bulk shpondoolas doing sweet fuck all.

It's a good career path and good pay.

I am currently out of work and if I could handle going away and getting moved around every 5 minutes whilst I am a pleb I would do it in a heartbeat.

^ Hey Dan,

Where is she working now? What boat/s was she on? What does she do? Im an ET(S) in the skimmer fleet... I dont think I could go to the black coveralls.... haha. Even though they get paid waaaaay to much money.... :P

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 17-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
i tried to get an apprenticeship every1 these days require you to do a pre-apprentice coarse at tafe for 6 months, which i cant do. i just started looking at reserves in the defence force, you can do a trade through them, which is good cause you dont have to move anywhere like you would if you were to join fulltime. I was looking at either mechanic or electrical tech any suggestions on what to choose?

^ I can only give insight into the water-borne choice of the ADF... (The senior service... ) So hit me up next cruise or whatever if you want the REAL opinions. Ill tell you RIGHT NOW... DO NOT believe anything you hear in recruiting... (if you decide to go see them), they will sell you ANYTHING to get you in the door....

I know MANY, MANY people that have been burned... But if you want an insight into the Electronics Technician trade, just ask. Over 9 years and counting. And ive been to Hawaii twice, China, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, the UAE... just to name a few...

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by [REXPLOIT]; 17-01-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 17-01-2009, 10:32 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

^^Not sure what trade you are after but we don't ask for guys to have done pre-apps.
As a general comment I think have the problem is the young guys want big money and every thing to happen straight away and are not prepared to work there way up. Like having a 17yo walk in of the street and telling me he want $25 an hour becouse he thinks he is worth and and thats what he needs to live on. Do the hard yards like most other poeple( some are luck and don't have to) but most poeple need to work hard and then the money starts to come in.
Old 17-01-2009, 11:17 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX
I dont drink or smoke and live reasonably comfortably.
It never ceases to amaze me how much $$ I spend on piss!
Old 17-01-2009, 11:48 AM
STI Master

jedi_luke at standard level

my friend just started working on oil rigs doing laundry (3 weeks on 3 off) and he gets $508 a day , and when his brother who works there as a chef herd how much he gets he laughed at him and called him a povo cunt coz he gets way more
Old 17-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

Who cares how much you make as a $ figure, the farmer with a piece of his own land making zero $ money but living sustainably off that land with just the bare essentials is richer than anyone else.

I feel especially sorry for those FIFO types that have to work in some shit hole for supposed big bucks, its all relative, and all money is worthless paper at the end of the day. Heck its not even paper anymore just made up numbers from thin air, monopoly money has more substance.

This is why the world financial system is collapsing as we speak, its a totally bogus pyramid scheme.

Last edited by werticusness; 17-01-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 17-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHeD
I still can't get over the fact that u own a WRX on $38,500/p.a.

I'd be selling the car and getting my priorites right if i were u.

i have a clubspec evo 2 and an RA earning 30ish a year...just sold the clubspec which pretty much paid off the RA.

how about contributing something half decent to a thread instead of jumping on once in a blue moon and bagging people FUCKHEAD

JDM version 3 STi RA

Tags
career, change