Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Well farms are a primary producer, without food we all starve... Not a good situation to be in.

Cars are a luxury item. If Chrysler folds, people will buy another brand (same for any other brands). Should our government give big $$$ to BHP to keep Ravensthorpe open? All that means is more debt for our country and higher taxes. And given Krudd has already spent all our savings, doesn't leave us in a good position in a few years.

The economy is changing, but its not possible to bailout everyone. So why bailout select companies? Maybe the whole world needs a good kick in the ass to correct itself.
Should do that anyway if you ask me

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 24-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Hmm...will be hard to harvest those crops without running plant and equipment....

Harvesters have bearings and engines don't they?

John Deere is run from the US of A. and the largest supplier of primary producer harvesting equipment.

Food for thought?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 24-01-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
The economy is changing, but its not possible to bailout everyone. So why bailout select companies?
Because those companies are global corporations supporting industry and business world wide. I wouldn't want to be a 1st year apprentice in Aus at the moment that's for sure.....

The vehicle manufacutrers are all but the tip of the iceberg (and the first big business's to go public with their concerns).......

We're all sailing on SS Worldtanic at the moment!!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 24-01-2009, 03:48 PM

Also if BHPB (as a whole) were teetering on self implosion due to the current economic climate I think the Government would take some action.

They closed Ravensthope due to low profit viability (commodity price drop)...... before it became a liability...... Good forward thinking by them, even though it's sucks that it affected the local work force....But it's nothing new for sites to be mothballed the cranked up again at a later date, goes with the territory.
Old 24-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
Hmm...will be hard to harvest those crops without running plant and equipment....

Harvesters have bearings and engines don't they?

John Deere is run from the US of A. and the largest supplier of primary producer harvesting equipment.

Food for thought?
Dont remember them saying anything about their equipment being busted

Plus is john deere under any sort of financial crises?
Old 24-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Dear Kevin,

My car building conglomerate has seen undue hardship from the global recession. Please give me $1,000,000.00 so that I may finish building my car.

Cheers cobber,
phizzle
Old 24-01-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Dont remember them saying anything about their equipment being busted

Plus is john deere under any sort of financial crises?
Not yet? ... but who really knows?

I was just trying to get pple to see the long reaching effect of an large industry collapsing.....The knock-on effect is all.
Old 24-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle
Dear Kevin,

My car building conglomerate has seen undue hardship from the global recession. Please give me $1,000,000.00 so that I may finish building my car.

Cheers cobber,
phizzle
Dear Phizzle,

We would love to give you the 1 million dollars you asked for. But surely you understand, that we will have to ask you to wait until atleast the last quarter of this financial, after having already spent 10 times that on the 'economic stimulus package' provided to pensioners.

Centrelink and it's agencies are seeking to collect the debt back from the 'economic stimulus package' we provided to pensioners earlier this financial year.

Upon the debt being repaid we will happily pass on to you anything left over once MP wages are adjusted and administration fees are reimbursed.

But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Kind regards,

KRudd
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie
Old 24-01-2009, 07:43 PM