Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
I definitely do not agree...

Cops do not make the decisions but courts do.

Cops do not make the decisions but the pits do.

Giving a yellow sticker to your car is the same as arresting (or summonsing) someone, and charging them with an offence. The courts ultimately decide whether you are innocent or guilty. Same as the pits ultimately decide whether your car is legal or illegal.

Fobz you REALLY have something against police, what happened?
So...

What happens if you are arrested illegally? I would assume there would be some reprocussions if you arrested any joe blow off the street for no reason in particular.

How does this differ to giving out a yellow sticker ("arresting the car") just because an officer doesn't know?

This person with a completely legal car then has to take time off work and pay pit fees just to prove they are innocent. Seems to be a very guilty until you can prove innocent.

Why not have a free assesment within a couple of days after a yellow is given by a qualified person to 'prove' the car is defect worthy? Would be fantastic for police/public relations imo. But again, revenue would be down.
Old 16-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:

Giving a yellow sticker to your car is the same as arresting (or summonsing) someone, and charging them with an offence. The courts ultimately decide whether you are innocent or guilty. Same as the pits ultimately decide whether your car is legal or illegal.

and I don't agree with you Megs...

Cops DO make decisions! Simple...all of us do every single day. If I'd was a waiter at a restaurant I make a decision wether to smile or not to smile to a customer. If I was a mechanic I'd have a choice wether to put $14 valvoline oil in someone's car and charge them $100 for it or be half decent and use something better.

Same with the cops, it's just their job. Unfortunately some of them (and I mean some, so don't take it to your heart) are plain stupid. I've seen cops that Think they are the law when they know nothing or very little about it (love how my lawyer brother talks to them...makes them look absolutely stupid).

Going back to yellow stickers, read my story from few pages ago...did that Cop 'make a decission'? was it a right one?

my uncle had his taxi yellow stickered last year for bold tyres. The tyres had a minimum 4mm thread on them, he showed this to the cops that yellow stickered him. As you may know the LEGAL (again it's the law) minimum thread on a tyre should be no less then 1.5mm right? Well you know what the cop said to him? "It's a taxi, you're carrying passangers, you should be better than that" ??? WTF??? That cop just introduced a new law didn't he?

The car went straight through the pits but a waste of $50 and 2hrs of his time. The only reason why he got pulled over was because he was going faster than the speed limit and the coppers didn't catch it on their speed gun. So to pay him back for that....yellow sticker sir. It seems to be a weapon of choice for cops these days....

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 16-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:

The fkd thing is if you get a yellow sticker for something the cop THINKS he knows it deserves a yellow and then you take it to the pits and it turns out it is legal and of no concern whatsoever.

Why should we have to pay for the time off work, petrol to and from the pits and the inspection fee!

We aint getting any of it back so the cops should at least have to know what they are talking about before they hand out yellows.

So maybe were entitled to some restitution for being falsely charged/accused then?

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 16-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:

if a yellow sticker is not a guilty sentence, then why do you have to pay to take your car over the pits to take it off....

ultimately it is the cop who has made the decision send the person to the pits. i think you should only have to pay for the pits after a yellow sticker IF you dont pass. otherwise that cop who issued the sticker would have just unnecessarily wasted many people's time and money.

**EDIT: amen to the above post!!!

Last edited by Jezza; 16-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 16-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

+ several billion for the above last several points.

Of course by initiating* compulsary vehicle checking every year on the anniversary date of regestration (+/- two weeks) half the pieces of shit out there would be red stickered and sold as parts/scrap metal. This leaves you with well maintained vehicles on the roads as cars would then nearly always have working seat belts, servicable tyres, all the lights would work (the # of cars I see with absolutely NO BRAKE LIGHTS what-so-ever astounds me!!), wouldn't belch smoke like a 50yr old diesel truck, windscreen wipers that actually work and the list goes on.

* doesn't seem to be a word in the Government of Western Australia's modus operanda.
Old 16-06-2009, 01:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

pcracing at standard level

I love this whinging school girl crap you guys come out with some times, usually i don't get involved but today lets see who bites.
I have been on both sides of the fence here it is plain and simple.
If you want to mod your car as your not happy with what subaru give you, buy another car or move states where you can do what you want.
We have a simple system where there is no pink slips which equals cheaper and if you get caught out then so be it.
I bet FOBZ if your car got stolen then that would be the fault of the cops too.
Nothing in life is perfect, I have given guys the choice before to accept a sticker or a fine and guess what... every one of them took the yellow.
piss and moan all you want but it's the sytem we have and from what i can see it's the best one in the country... those who complain the most, have the most to hide I have always found.
If you draw the attention of the cops more than once a year I reckon your doing something wrong... and despite having Brants or other wonderous gadgets, subaru's get stolen like any other car, there is random breath testing, there's Karma.... and as you all have shown there is a difference of opinion. as with yellow stickers. it is based on opinion, there is no right and wrongand my last word of the day, if you recon you can do better sign up, have a go or clam up. I am sure no one on this forum can profess they have never bent or broken the law/rules /regulations whatever, so if you get caught out think about all the times you haven't....
Old 16-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

From someone who had 6 stickers in a 30 day period let me tell you.....the 3 week course the police do on vehicle compliance and mods is woefully inadequate.......

They open the bonnet and if they don't see something that resembles a 4, 6 or 8 cylinder....Automatic sticker!....... as it 'MUST be illegally modified', according to the traffic cops that pulled me each time.

The chief inspector from Warwick pit ended up giving me a letter to keep in the car (series 1 RX-7) stating the appearance of the airfilter, induction system, rear muffler (supertrapp FTL!!), no rear seat and 4 point harness's.......

Never got stickered again once I had the letter.....
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 16-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

the police's traffic department should be made up of ex-mechanics or cops actually trained to know about cars... not just people who signed up to drive fast etc and attended a little course to make them believe they know it all...
Old 16-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcracing
I love this whinging school girl crap you guys come out with some times, usually i don't get involved but today lets see who bites.

I bet FOBZ if your car got stolen then that would be the fault of the cops too..
Said vehicle is gps monitored and remotely killable + brant......bark up another tree bud.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 16-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcracing
I have been on both sides of the fence here it is plain and simple.
If you want to mod your car as your not happy with what subaru give you, buy another car or move states where you can do what you want.
We have a simple system where there is no pink slips which equals cheaper and if you get caught out then so be it.
I bet FOBZ if your car got stolen then that would be the fault of the cops too.
Nothing in life is perfect, I have given guys the choice before to accept a sticker or a fine and guess what... every one of them took the yellow.
piss and moan all you want but it's the sytem we have and from what i can see it's the best one in the country... those who complain the most, have the most to hide I have always found.
If you draw the attention of the cops more than once a year I reckon your doing something wrong... and despite having Brants or other wonderous gadgets, subaru's get stolen like any other car, there is random breath testing, there's Karma.... and as you all have shown there is a difference of opinion. as with yellow stickers. it is based on opinion, there is no right and wrongand my last word of the day, if you recon you can do better sign up, have a go or clam up. I am sure no one on this forum can profess they have never bent or broken the law/rules /regulations whatever, so if you get caught out think about all the times you haven't....
As previously stated by a few members its not only modified cars that get unwarranted yellow stickers but in fact stock standard factory cars.

So the point being made was they need to know what they are talking about when issuing them

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO

Tags
myth, wonky, yellow