Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

DamoESP at standard level

I was in the sames situation. Got done for being on a mobile phone as I pulled out of the driveway at work (funnily enough it was work, I quickly answered it to saay I was already heading home....) and was stuck on 11 points (Got 6 demerits on Australia day one year, and then two other 1 demerit point speeding fines) for 18 months.

Thought about doing the same thing....deliberatly lose my license for 3 months and then get it back with 0 points.....but then decided against it. That was about 2 years ago and I now only have 3 or 4 demerits on my license

Since then I haven't been done for speeding etc and to be honest, I think this was the better way to go, as not only did I not lose my license (thus affecting insurance etc) I also learnt my lesson to stick to the road rules and watch my speed.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Scoobie Noobie

MannyCalavera at standard level

Thanks Damo. I've not made up my mind one way or the other yet, so that's a good story.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Exactly, do the crime & pay the time, stop looking for an easy way out. So what if you got to this point for the headlights, obviously driving like a dick got you to that point.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Scoobie Noobie

apg, I would prefer it if, instead of coming on here, abusing me and calling me a dick, you stayed out of my thread. But hey, it's a free internet, and I did come looking for opinions.

For the record, I wouldn't qualify the things I've lost points for as "driving like a dick". My record is:

2 for speeding - multinova set up at the bottom of a hill, just before the limit went from 60 to 70, and I'd started to speed up slightly in advance.

4 on a double demerits day (12k over the limit), multinova on a quiet street on my way home from work

2 from doing 64 in a 50 zone, on a tuesday night on st george's terrace - radar gun

Sure, they were all my fault, without question. But they were not particularly dangerous or reckless driving.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
To be fair, you drive like a complete Nanna :P
Lol... Sif man! ;-)

I'll agree I'm not an idiot on the road very often, but I see that as a good thing! :-)

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

I kind of did a similar thing. Was going to the UK for a year had 11 points my sister had a speeding fine so I just said it was me, she paid the fine. I'm sure you could find a relie or mate that would quite happily let you take the points.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Scoobie Noobie

That's a clever idea - perform a little charity for a friend at the same time. How did it affect your insurance? Any other negative repercussions?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyCalavera View Post
apg, I would prefer it if, instead of coming on here, abusing me and calling me a dick, you stayed out of my thread. But hey, it's a free internet, and I did come looking for opinions.

For the record, I wouldn't qualify the things I've lost points for as "driving like a dick". My record is:

2 for speeding - multinova set up at the bottom of a hill, just before the limit went from 60 to 70, and I'd started to speed up slightly in advance.

4 on a double demerits day (12k over the limit), multinova on a quiet street on my way home from work

2 from doing 64 in a 50 zone, on a tuesday night on st george's terrace - radar gun

Sure, they were all my fault, without question. But they were not particularly dangerous or reckless driving.
All of them are dangerous.

Change your mentallity otherwise you will lose this license, and then quickly lose the next.

Slow down and drive within the speed limit, don't drive without lights on as its just plain stupid and don't put the fact that you are breaking the law down as 'its not my fault'.

Plenty of us manage to have full licenses, so smarten up your driving.

Also Perth-WRX doesn't condone breaking the law, so saying you are deliberately going to run a red light isn't going to go down well here.

Just cop your fines, drive sensibly and demerits aren't an issue. We've all had the fines, it just takes longer for some people to wake up and accept the responsibility.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

trblmkr at standard level

^^Genius perthzed^^

Seems a bit of a stupid idea to me, just my opinion, but perthzed's idea at least saves you doing some thing else wrong/dangerous.

Do it and then tell us all how much your insurance went up.
Take one for the team
Closed Thread

Tags
deliberately, demerits, judge judy, license, losing, purpose