Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-2011, 09:18 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shodown at standard level

Reckon Vodafone must be hurting....

My wife was experiencing issues with her iPhone 3G with 3. Dodgy reception - would go on roaming and not go back to 3G service. We had turned data off when roaming, but somehow each month we would get a small charge (1 or 2 dollars).

Rang 3 helpdesk to see how long was left on her contract so we could terminate it, they put me through to priority service who offered to move her to Vodafone, waive the 6 months left on the 3 contract, and also knocked $10 per month off the handset repayment.

She now has an iPhone 4 16GB on a $45 unlimited plan (unlimited calls to landlines & mobiles & unlimited SMS) + $8 handset repayments.

My mate had recently moved from 3 to Vodafone and reckons his reception was fine. So far (a week on), the Mrs is happy with the reception, and no call drop outs.

Worst case scenario, if it turns to shit, call TIO and complain to exit. Go straight to Telstra.

/CSB
Old 17-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Well further to my older post, I am no longer going to a place where there is zero VF Coverage, but that wouldn't be hard anyway, I am 40 minutes from Perth and I barely have any!

Anyway, I am on 2 weeks leave, so I didn't want to be hassled by work, I have put my VF Sim back in (from a work paid Telstra SIM) after 6months of not using it and just paying the bill (still in contract) Fuck me, as much as I hate Telstra, and boy do I hate Telstra, VF has nothing on them, I am pretty much without coverage, the internet speed is absolutely ridiculous and I am going to be contacting them and will try to get out
Old 17-04-2011, 11:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Allan View Post
off topic a little bit, but optus are a fucking joke
I have also been experiencing major problems with Optus lately.
I will have full reception, but won't be able to make or receive phone calls or use internet.
The problem is they have over subscribed their 3G network.
Once I switch my phone to 2G, all is well (except the internet is slower than a crippled snail).
Considering how much it costs to upgrade their network, I highly doubt they have any intention of fixing this any time soon.
Money hungry cunts.
Old 17-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommosaurus View Post
I have also been experiencing major problems with Optus lately.
I will have full reception, but won't be able to make or receive phone calls or use internet.
The problem is they have over subscribed their 3G network.
Once I switch my phone to 2G, all is well (except the internet is slower than a crippled snail).
Considering how much it costs to upgrade their network, I highly doubt they have any intention of fixing this any time soon.
Money hungry cunts.
Farking like!

I loathe any kind of Internet/mobile phone provider as they have all their customers by the balls so to speak, you either stay with them and their piece of shit "service" if it can be dignified as that! Or option B, move and pay more, you loose either way. The service...which as you said is as slow as a cripples snail, or my analogy...a cripples sloth. :P Useless foreign pricks are in their masses every time I call to abuse them, and the abuse is pointless if the farking operator cannot even understand the most well know words in the English language "Fuck You".....Its a joke, that in a country as well economically developed the whole mobile/telecommunications/Internet is as bad as the Public Transport system, not thought through and a large population increase was not planned, which surprises me really, because you cannot really plan a population decrease....and the only population decrease I want is people who have no grasp of the English language to fk off out off customer service positions....on the phone tonight, 2 mins into call, reception dies and I have to turn off and reset my phone, just something I really don't need!

END RANT

Brett....
Old 23-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Alrighty,
My contract with optus has been up for a couple of months now. my original iPhone 3G is starting to get really glitchy.
im tossing up whether to switch to vodafone or not.
im really want/like the HTC HD - which is only on VF
or i can go pay crackpipe money for a HTC HD2 @ telstra & get all the shitty branding etc with it..

i was with vodafone previously and found them to be not too bad.
im a city dweller and rarely venture out of the perth Metro area.
just wondering have they gotten better/worse/same since the big crash a couple of months ago is it still unreliable as ever?

cheers in advance
Dave
Old 23-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Called Vodafone, told them coverage was shit, it dropped out twice whilst on the phone, they said they will let me out or give me 3 months completely free. I took the latter option as I divert it to my telstra mobile anyway.

WIN!!!!

EDIT: The dude openly said that the majority of their towers south of the CBD are maxxed and are prone to slow internet and terrible coverage.
Old 23-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

I haven't had any problems at all since the tower upgrade was done, however being out in the CV area the internet is edge and as soon as you start heading more north towards the city it changes to 3g.

I'm not really fussed about that because it's only at home that it's Edge and if I want to use super fast internet I just use home the PC.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 23-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Well the line under this will tell ya what I did

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk VF
Old 23-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Welcome to the Desire HD club, you'll love it and the screen size and HD play back are awesome!!!

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 24-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Spent most of the night gettin apps etc
Awesome phone though.

Tags
vodafail